anyone want to skin a trunks?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

done in milkshape

someone a few days ago that said you couldnt cell shade in milkshape, though you are correct in that you cant, you can produce a cell shading effect that is alot closer than what most of this forum thinks cell shading is, (black outline), using spheremapping and alphamapping, (if anyone out there is familiar with what those are, you should already know how)

now i have made my skin for the naruto, and i regret using such a blurry ref for his head, it resulted in a very low poly undetailed head, which is difficult to stick a skin on(if i rebuild him i definately will be remaking the head, but i doubt i will, im lazy)

Best answers
Hmm, I'm in the mood , I'll skin it once I'm home . (Probably in 2 houres from now).

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
I think i l be skining it i dunno , ok i made the skinmaps if i get nuttzy s permision i l put a dw link , so some lasy guys here can get a hand on it

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nuttzy said:

done in milkshape

someone a few days ago that said you couldnt cell shade in milkshape, though you are correct in that you cant, you can produce a cell shading effect that is alot closer than what most of this forum thinks cell shading is, (black outline), using spheremapping and alphamapping, (if anyone out there is familiar with what those are, you should already know how)

now i have made my skin for the naruto, and i regret using such a blurry ref for his head, it resulted in a very low poly undetailed head, which is difficult to stick a skin on(if i rebuild him i definately will be remaking the head, but i doubt i will, im lazy)
can i ask somthing...
i know how to produce a "cel shading effect" in ms3d...
like you said before outline and spheremapping...
but what i dont understand is how did you get the model skined and spheremapped...sound impossible to me...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
thats where the alphamapping comes in, make a duplciate of the model fatboy it by .1, same as ya do in adding the black outline, but dont turn it inside out

apply this image
http://free.one.picturehost.co.uk/jh.bmp
as its primary skin, and an inverse of that for the alphamap, make it really transparent,and it will appear like that, (unless you do it wrong)

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so basicly the skin is like a new transparent layer?

CM

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no no no. the cel-shading is a new transparent layer.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i edited it to be a bojack trunks can anny one show me a pic host so i can show it ( and with nuttzy's permission ) it wil be released

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

i added the jacket and raisd the hair a little becous it was in his bomber shirt :rolleyes: crits ?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so is anyone actually skinning it?, heh

well zeldalink you jacket i guess is alright, couldnt really be much better, nor worse, (theres not much you can do to mak ethe perfect jacket) as long as it doesnt clip the body when he moves its just right,

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well i gues i m skinning it , i dont wanna post progress i l only post the result

Best answers
heres my attempt to skin trunks. dont tell me it sucks because i know it does. this is my 2nd real skin. im not completely done with it still have to do the arms and torso, and im trying to add more detail to the hair critz?

Best answers
update i finished the arms, gave the hir a little more detail, and change the color of the boots. im thinking of reduing the pants. critz?

Best answers
if this one wont have the sword can u redo the SWORD anim.? because swinging your hands like having a sword doesnt suit me too well.. my opionion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom