Aliens vs. Predator movie & doom 3

Best answers
the Aliens vs. Predator movie is gonna come out soon in austalia i cant wait thay say arnold is gonna be in it but not for long hmmm his got more better things to do i guss

its gonna be cool to see aliens going at war at the predators :)

doom 3 is gonna be ok but thay sould think about the slower computers that cant run the graphics in it i dont know if the cyber deamen is in it itl be cool if he was :)

i sure hope that doom 3 isnt gonna be like doom 1 & 2 becuse its gonna feal like theres no misson to it or no story to it :(

Bolteh2

B
magus, they said arny would make a short appearance in the movie.. also bischop of the alien movies will appear

and doom3 will just sack imho..
sure, its a nice looking engine, but its the most unrealistic engine ive seen in a long time (quake3 was ****ty to)... and im sure youll finish doom3 in about 2-3 hours, its just a game to sell the engine, nothing more or less (unreal2 anyone?)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i do wonder what these two things had in common and why they were put in a topic together..

KyoKusanagi

K
I will go and see the Aliens VS Predator movie but it won't be anywhere near as good as the screenplay written by Peter Briggs for Dark Horse. If you haven't read it go and do so, i'll guarantee you'll be left wondering why this screenplay wasn't used.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yes Bishop will be in AVP, he is Weyland, the head of the Weyland Yutani Corp, since he mastered in robotics, all the "bishops" were made in his image.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nah, don't like doom.
it's to easy for me and to ugly, give me ut2k4(unreal tournament 2004).
atleast a good and beautyfull engine.
didn't saw the trailer but the last part of Aliens vs. Predator looks promishing :D .
and i don't agree that q3a sux becours there are a lot of good mods on it and there is even one in the making(zeq2)

Bolteh2

B
sure, q3 and doom3 have nice engines, but its only good for dm mods or futuristic mods... both engines have nothing realistic to use for mods.. all flashy etc its yukkie...

i dont even like the ut2k3/4 engine, has the same flashiness problems

Retired
Best answers
where can you get that screenplay.

i'm prolly gonna watch avp movie, just because I generally like to watch movies ;).

and about doom 3, no i'm not gonna play it, but thats mostly because my PC wouldnt be able to handle it.

KyoKusanagi

K
I'm not actually too sure because a friend of mine gave me a copy. If you run a google search for one of the Predator characters, Broken Tusk, it should come up with a link.

I'm sure there was a comic book adaptation of the story but i'm not 100% sure.

Best answers
Bolteh said:
sure, q3 and doom3 have nice engines, but its only good for dm mods or futuristic mods... both engines have nothing realistic to use for mods.. all flashy etc its yukkie...

i dont even like the ut2k3/4 engine, has the same flashiness problems
Too flashy? You mean it has better graphics than Half-Life? :laff:

Also, I suggest you look at Red Orchestra mod for UT2003 and soon to be for 2004. It is most definitely a "realistic" mod and the Unreal engine does it extremely well.

EDIT: Actually, I just checked and it is for UT2004 now.

Bolteh2

B
halflife engine > quake engine imho... you cant have realism mods on quake engine... you just cant...

halflife can be realistic (look at dod.. heaviest mod on hl engine, but looks damn realistic compared to mods on quake engine..)

and ro being realistic and all... the RO team are semi professionals.. they almost edited everything out.. (about the same thing they did with americas army... ut engine, but totally customised)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i don't agree, the hl engine has not the good color depht.
hl is overall 8bit while q3a has 24bit and even the poly is higher in q3a.
bfp just didn't do mutch in the codes but i think that zeg2 is furter than bfp whas.
and on the realistic thing is just nonsence, you just look at what kind of game q3a is but look furter.
if someone makes a mod that makes the real life in q3a then it's possible.
hl is a slower engine than q3a, that's wy q3a looks fake.
i mean that when you move, the q3a engine moves verry fast while hl makes it slower so you can fight easyer.
q3a is also a hardcore game, hl is even slower than ut.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cucumba said:
I agree Kyo, it's a crime that it wasn't used.
Lol...you guys have the Alien QUadrilogy and watch the commentary on I think the special Alien3 disc...Sigourney talks about alien spinoffs that she of course got badgered about. At a point she was confronted with this script for AVP, the one in use now I think. She said, and quote:

"...and then there was this, god awful thing ...that, I dunno, some silly...'avp aliens versus predator thing...silly, really"

(if it was the Dark Horse one, she must have been on crystal meth, but I'm pretty sure it was this one because, as is obvious, they've made the effort for aliens veteran star power number one, and number two...I imagine it eats the jock enough that she'd turn it down).

I'm an Aliens fanatic. And a Doom fanatic. My kind of thread!

I liek sci-fi capable engines, though...if it can be detailed enough to do sci-fi, I'm sure it can do fantasy and other stuff as well. After all, the only limitation on any engine's appearance is more the stuff you put into it.

I don't think we have ENOUGH sci-fi mods out there. I had an idea for one based on a story I wrote that everyone would've probably liked; it was like CS, except it had more futuristic angles. One team was human straggling resistance, the other team were the machine empire...humanoid cyborgs, kind of like terminator. Each side had different advantages and disadvantages (if you were a machine, your team is class-based, if you were human it was a weapon buying system; machines are harder to kill but once killed they can be reprogrammed on the battlefield so that next spawn they fight for the human side; humans can get health back in one big gulp but the machines have to repair one another; so on and so forth). It would have been cool if it ever came to be...

Ah well...Doom3 will have to satisfy my sci-fi cravings along with the other big super-engined game coming out soon...

Best answers
Hibiki said:
i do wonder what these two things had in common and why they were put in a topic together..
Theres a whole comic-manga sieries out and 2 computer games in case you havent realized.

J Fox said:
thay say arnold is gonna be in AvP
Arnold MIGHT be in the Predator 3 movie not in the AvP movie. Predator 3 will be done if AVP is a succes, and so far rumors say have wrote 3-4 scripts for it.
  • In NY,(nowdays) on a blizzard backround (like max payne1) with Arnold.
  • In 1742, on a ship
  • On the predators planet,(nowdays) where Duch (Arnie) and Harrigan (from Predator 2) have been kidnapped from the Preadators to stydy them because they were the only ones to kill a Predator.
  • In the futute, an American campaign to the Predator planet to crush the Predators, who are staging an attack on Earth.

Hope i have been enlightening.

Bolteh2

B
quake 3 isnt capable of realism mods... think about that counter terrorism mod for q3... look at rtcw... all flashy and ****

mohaa is a good realistic game on quake3 engine... but they almost redid that engine, so that doesnt count

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's ridiculous to say that a more detailed engine with more features can't have a realism mod.

The comparison to DoD is just preposterous. DOD has possibly the worst graphics of any mod I've ever played pertaining to it's realism. It doesn't look real at all. It's slow and clunky, so that makes it real?

I don't see what the craze is about realism mods anyway...but to say that the advanced engines of other games "can't" do them is to speak in the tongues of the retarded. If they wanted to, I'm sure they could put a cap on Q3A's engine in a mod to only have 8 bit textures, only have 22hz mono sound, only be able to move at a snails pace, limit the amount of weapons and characters you can have, set the max framerate to 55, and then go about designing their mod around it. I find Doom3 and HL2 to be very lifelike for the record.

Getting back ontopic: Almost all of the scripts for Predator 3 sounded like they were fan fictionalizations, except the blizzard one. Though I would love to see how it went after they picked up Dutch and he told them some kind of monster killed the whole platoon and then detonated 50 acres of rain forest. lol

Best answers
See the thing about doom 3 is that all the stuff ive seen for it including the e3 official trailer.. theres horrible lag.. its like they've gone to the future for an engine that no machine now a days could possibly hope to run at all. Also i do think the engine is nice it just seems like bump mapping far far overdone

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom