Advanced Melee - Simple, Great, New Tweaks

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
First of all, you would swoop into a player to do prepunches which is already implemented. However, it would be an animation of the characters punching and kicking. This animation would last for 5 seconds. After that 5 seconds, both players would be blown off just a short distance (enough to hit) and you both would go into the advanced melee.

After that, both parties would then at the same time able to do advanced melee.

Increase in damage done by the new melee would have to happen. The patch will allow this so yeah.

THROW
In order to throw, the right click button will still be used. However this time, both players can charge at the same time. When you click and hold the right mouse button, a bar would charge. When you fill up the bar, you then are able to throw. The first player to fill their bar before the other player can execute a move will be able to throw. If, however, the player charging for a throw is hit by the other player while charging, the throw cancels. PL would be a factor in the speed of the charging bar. Depending on the difference of the PL of the two fighters would determine the speed of the charging bar for a throw. So a greater gap would allow a faster charging.

MELEE
In order to do combinations of attacks, left click will still be used. Holding the left click button would bring up the charging bar where you can input your attack, which is the same as the current system. The difference is that both players charge their bars at the same time. When you release the left click, you automatically do the moves that you charged. If, however, you hold the left click button, you will be able to save when you will execute your moves. The first opponent to release their left click will able to go first.

The charging bar would always be at the same speed, which would be moderate.

CHARGING BAR FOR ATTACKS
You can always charge your attack anytime during the melee encounter EXCEPT when the other opponent has already released their left click to attack you. Your sequence will then be paused and shown at the bottom of the screen. It will resume again when your opponent has finished their sequence. While your able to resume again, your opponent has to charge from the beginning. If however they release the left click before you do, again they will be able to attack again.

COMBOS
The way combos will be executed will be the same. If one hit connects, you are able to do the combo.

BLOCKING DURING MELEE
The arrows will appear at the top as it is in the current system.

ATTACK BREAKERS
While the opponent is attacking you, you will be able to dodge with the arrows. While you are blocking, you can still save your combination of attacks as stated earlier by still holding the left click. When you release the left click, you will then automatically start your attack. So even while an opponent is attacking you, you can break into their combination with the combination you saved if you're able to make contact before they make contact with you.

For instance, an enemy will start off their combination. I am able to release my left click button and hit them without them hitting me first. Their sequence resets while I start my sequence.

In another case, an enemy will start off their combination. I am UNable to make contact with my combination because the opponent hit me before I was able to get a clear hit. My charging bar would reset.

After a player finishes off their sequence without being interupted, both players can charge again.

Attack breakers also work in the throw charging bar as stated earlier.

CANCELED OUT ATTACKS
If at anytime an attack is perform at the same time, they would cancel out the charging of either the combination or throw. 2 different animations could be used, fists hittin fists or kicks hitting kicks.

If during a combination the opponent is able to do an attack breaker at the same time you hit, your bars would both cancel out and you would then start to charge again.

GETTING OUT OF MELEE
If an opponent loses all their KI, they are left tired and cannot move until their KI recharges automatically. You can have your way with your opponent. If you do a combo while they are tired, your last move would automatically be a hard attack to give your opponent a chance to recharge.

Also, if that opponent dies, simple.

If a hard hit lands, then you both are out of melee.

USING KI ATTACKS IN MELEE
Pressing the shift button with a direction while holding left mouse button will allow ki blasts and beams to happen. Ki blasts would be light charge, beams a medium charge, and a quick signature a hard move. Hopefully these beams will be able to be implemented in the melee system IF the WAVE BEAM SYSTEM will be able to get in.

NOT BEING INTERUPTED IN MELEE
Same thing, a knockback.

Comments. It still uses the same melee system but changes it to not be turn based but instead at the same time. New melee system is good, but would be good for this to be implemented IMO.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I really like this idea. Would make for some really interesting Melee fights, especially for the beam attacks. How would that work anyway? Would you just charge up a fast signature move, and fire it right in their face, or will you knock them back, and charge it up?

Best answers
i think melee is fine as it is, however blocking should be made harder and maybe more combos, but thats the only thing i can think of to improve it to be honest

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Krazy-Killa said:
I really like this idea. Would make for some really interesting Melee fights, especially for the beam attacks. How would that work anyway? Would you just charge up a fast signature move, and fire it right in their face, or will you knock them back, and charge it up?
well i had in mind that it would be integrated into the combo system.. left click is the punch and right click is the kick.. shift would be blasts.. if u charge a quick blast that would be interpreted as a ki blast.. if you charge a medium blast i would be interpreted as a generic blast, if you charge a hard beam, it would be a quick singature move and it would use the wave beam system that would push them away and detonate in their face =P.. blockin animation would be to duck agains those blast or move away.. it will be integrated into the system instead of manually having to switch and attack.. this way ki attacks can be integrated in the combos

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
imkongkong said:
well i had in mind that it would be integrated into the combo system.. left click is the punch and right click is the kick.. shift would be blasts.. if u charge a quick blast that would be interpreted as a ki blast.. if you charge a medium blast i would be interpreted as a generic blast, if you charge a hard beam, it would be a quick singature move and it would use the wave beam system that would push them away and detonate in their face =P.. blockin animation would be to duck agains those blast or move away.. it will be integrated into the system instead of manually having to switch and attack.. this way ki attacks can be integrated in the combos
Interesting. This could make beams more popular actually. Despite the fact that they are only used about 10% of the time in ESF games. :laff:

But, I think instead of just holding shift for a beam. It would be a combo. But in order for the beam attack to work, 2(two), instead of 1(one) hit, would have to land. If 1(one) hit were to land, the same combo would execute, but without the finishing beam attack.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Interesting, but I don't know how that would really work out. Here are my questions/comments.
#1. What determines how long a fight lasts?

#2. I'm against the idea of having any hard hit that lands end the battle, I like to get multiple hard hits in when I fight my opponents.

#3. This seems to put players with really low ki at a HUGE disadvantage, Esf has been tweaked so players with low ki can actually survive if they're skilled enough. Your suggestion basically disregards all of that.

#4. Players with high ping are also going to be at a disadvantage with real-time fighting, something PcJoe mentioned in a different thread.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Interesting, but I don't know how that would really work out. Here are my questions/comments.
#1. What determines how long a fight lasts?

#2. I'm against the idea of having any hard hit that lands end the battle, I like to get multiple hard hits in when I fight my opponents.

#3. This seems to put players with really low ki at a HUGE disadvantage, Esf has been tweaked so players with low ki can actually survive if they're skilled enough. Your suggestion basically disregards all of that.

#4. Players with high ping are also going to be at a disadvantage with real-time fighting, something PcJoe mentioned in a different thread.
#1. Hmm, well maybe it could be to where if:

Someone loses all their KI and is left immobile and tired. You then can do a combo which would automatically be finished with a strong hit to make them fly.

They die.

Thrown out.

Max of 7 times you're able to do a charging bar. Would allow long fights.

#2. The max of 7 times to do a series of combo for the charging bar would allow multilple hard hits. Disregard the out of melee with just a hard hit.

#3. It does not disregard it. It would take ki for each hit you do. Weak hits very very little ki, Hard hits a reasonable amount of ki. Hits cost ki, misses cost more ki. Ki would of course drain during the battle. If someone has low ki and are in advance melee for a long time, then they would run out and the other opponent can do as he pleases.

#4. Well players are still at a disadvantage. High pingers will always be, even me at times i get around 200-500 ping, sucks. If i'm lucky i'd get 100. But the advanced melee still is a disadvantage for me. However, this system still can be played with.

During the prepunches, you can already decide what you would like to do first: left click for combinations or right click for throw. While prepunching begins, you both are animated to punch and kick. High pingers right away can hold the button they want to do. If you have a higher PL and you want to throw, of course you would be able to throw first becuase of your higher PL.

During advanced melee, you can already start charging your combination. If your opponent gets the first hit, you will have your combo saved. Anytime u let go of the left mouse button, you initiate your combo if you can get a clean hit.

The first player to release will get to start. They get a first hit while for the rest of the hits are the same arrows. Still is the same system as advance melee for blocking. Attack breaking might be hard for the lag, but u can wait till they finish their combination of attacks for you to release. You can still release the left button to guess when you can do an attack breaker to take a chance if desired. It still would use the same system so high pingers won't really be at a disadvantage except for attack breaking.

If an attack break happens, it should have the words "ATTACK BREAKER" like if you do a combo it says "COMBO"

I hope this clears any uncertainty. :laff: :p

Best answers
Interesting. This could make beams more popular actually. Despite the fact that they are only used about 10% of the time in ESF games.
What game have you been playing?
I get spammed to death with beams more then 10% of the time.

Best answers
it varies server to server, and im gettin tired of people complaning "im beam spammed to death!" How come people don't complain, "I'm getting MELEED spammed!" It's people's own fighting styles, deal with it

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
BuShI said:
What game have you been playing?
I get spammed to death with beams more then 10% of the time.
Well, the amount of time I've been playing. I've been mostly meleed to death. I've only seen about 2 or 3 people use the beams twice out of a full hour I was playing on a server. :S

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah.. i hope this mode would get in thoe, would make interesting fights and timing would be crucial to be getting good hits, like the attack breakers

Best answers
after reading it, it would be cool.. i have a suggestion thoe..

remember like you said your attacks store when the other player will initiate a combo? well the charging bar should be for the throwing like you said.. if you're charging a throw and the opponent tries to hit you, after they do the combo, you will have the upper advantage to throw if you can dodge the arrows.. after that the opponent can throw EVEN THOE the other player initiated advanced melee.. and the throw can happen anytime during the advanced melee fight

Best answers
dbZ_fAnaTic said:
it varies server to server, and im gettin tired of people complaning "im beam spammed to death!" How come people don't complain, "I'm getting MELEED spammed!" It's people's own fighting styles, deal with it
Very nicely put..

I like the suggestion..*I would add more 'critz' but I haven't had the chance to put alot of in-game perspective into my life...de Wolfy is having the dreaded "STEAM problems"...*

~WHO HA!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom