Adv melee suggestion

Best answers
Ok i got a suggestion that i think would improve adv melee alot more and make it so people would wanna use it instead of turn based fights.

Right now no disrespect but adv melee now is boring and no one ever uses it and all this game really has turned into is rolls here and ceiling combos there. Pretty annoying and pathetic that basic melee is the only melee really used anymore.

Anyway my suggestion is that they take out the adv melee like it is now jus get rid of that whole system and jus make it that wen u fly into someone u can go sort of a dbz style.

So wut u do is wen u fly into someone im guessin the only way to put it in now is with arrows but instead of waiting to take ur turn to go as soon as u fly into them u can jus do all types rushing punches and kicks hitting different arrows determining the strength and power of ur punches.

somthing like this

But the other person should get arrows as well so he can do this

But instead u get no randoms cus the arrows would come up faster. This would kinda give a real dbz feel to it and wit this type of thing the combos could be unlimited there'd be so many to do it wouldnt get boring.

So it gives a lil bit of a difference in gameplay so if u fumble on some u can still recover on others.

But C&C hopefully this is a good idea

Best answers
well if i get it right.. that would speed it up like hell! :D and that's great! ^^ i love it ;) the adv. melee we got now sux0rs. becuase of it's slowness. and this would spice it up pretty much ;)

Best answers
Yea basically it would really give the dbz feel and style to it. And it wouldnt get boring.

And i couldnt find the pic i wanted to show yesterday but i found it today.

Here it is :

My idea is kinda like this like u can rush em and hit em or dodge em like gohan somthing of that sort. I think it be pretty fun to have that in :)

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i dont really understand your idea that well... You dont want advanced melee? but you want arrows for punches and kicks, you dont want it to be turn based, but somehow you're supposed to kick and punch them while dodging their attacks using the same arrow keys.... Sorry but i found it really hard to understand what you're trying to suggest. As for basic melee being over used, thats because it used to be the only melee in 1.1, and people prefer it to advanced melee because it gets the job done quicker without the risk of being hit so easily, i fail to see how this suggestion would change that. Im sure there will be some changes to advanced melee in 1.3 but im unsure how, but telling Joe to delete his code which took him months to do isnt going to happen. Like i said, im sure there might be a change or two to advanced melee in the next release.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dont you read the news? go to www.esforces.com and read what Mastasurf said

and youll see that the melee in 1.3 will still be turn based but no more standing still

Best answers
Ok let me see if i can explain it a little better. But before i do i just want to say that im not saying he should throw his code out. I kno how hard it is to code and such thats not what im saying. All im doing is suggesting.

Now ill try to explain it so you can understand it. Lets say your gohan and u fly into someone but do this way of melee not basic. You fly into them and once u connect jus like adv melee on here but different you can press a rapid succession of buttons trying to hit the other person like in dbz with kicks and punches.

As u are pressing buttons your opponent can press buttons to dodge them all but theres not wait in it. So i guess its somthin like rushing them trying to hit them as many times as u can while they are trying to dodge as many as they can but its not turn based unless u get so many right then u can start trying to do different punch and kick combos to them.

But its not jus standing still. As they rush you you both go backwards as you try to dodge and block all of his attacks. A real dbz stlye melee fighting system where u werent as limited to wut u can do.

So as you rush them you are imputtin different directions to try to do different things and ur opponent is trying to dodge/block all of ur attacks as he imputs those arrorws as they come up. Maybe if u get enough arrows right u can do a counter of some sort or somthin like that.

Now do u see what i mean. Itll give a real fast paced feeling to spice things up. There would be alot more combinations you could do to a person.

Hope this explains it better

Best answers
i see wut u mean sounds good but doesnt that seem like alot of coding to do?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
he means, at least i think:

you crash into them, then you both just mash buttons in random directions, you are both attacking at the same time.

i think...

that way if you press the same button, it would be blocked. maybe a second or 2 delay at first, so you know its melee time.

Best answers
No thats not it either lol. Ok lets see if i can get it right this time.

Lets say ur goku and u swoop into me. Instead of going through prepunches like adv. melee now the minute u come in contact with them u start to hit buttons randomly trying to do all sorts of kicks and punches. But like adv melee u can determine how hard or strong they are.

So you are rushing them like trunks is in that pic i showed but its fast paced so you and your opponent have to be quick. You have to imput combonations quick and he has to dodge your combonations quick.

This would make it very dbz stylish and would be very fast pace. Now when u are trying to dodge ur opponents attacks you have to move fast to try to get all of his attack arrows right in order to maybe do a counterattack on him.

See what i mean now? It would be a much quicker pace then adv melee now because when u dodge em properly u could do like gohan is with cell.

Then lets say u both swoop into each other like a head on. At that point lets say like adv melee arrows come up now but u both hit those arrows at the same time.

So theres no pause you both hit the exact same buttons but if u both keep gettin them right you would do what cell and gohan were doing when their punches both connected at the same time like fist to fist etc etc.

Understand what i mean now? I dont kno if this could be put ingame but it would make esf really feel like your in dbz fighting.

Best answers
yea i like this idea too. seems like it would be fun someones comin at u wit everything they got and u jus dodge counter and block em all. it would add another dimension to the game. and i love fast paced.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sorry, i dont really like the idea, mashing buttons randomly doesnt sound that much fun, i'd rather have some thinking behind it, plus the biggest problem with this idea is ping/lag problems, it might work beautifully on lan, but over the net it'd be hell, just think of how sometimes you can block things now and you still get hit by them (advanced melee) now imagine that 50x worse. If you want a faster more in your face paced melee, i suggest you take a look at Advanced mode for advanced melee: http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=54370

I still dont understand how you can take away the turn based style of advanced melee and be able to block and attack using the same buttons..... Advanced melee is being changed in 1.3, hopefully we will be seeing the stamina system, and we know for sure that the animations are going to be changed so people arent just sitting around whilst putting attacks in, they'll be moving around throwing punches, dodging etc.

Best answers
ths idea sounds ok but i dont think he means mashing buttons i think he mean puttin in arrows like now but you just have to faster about it. but u arent standing still as the persons trying to rush u and punch u both of u are moving back while the other trying to dodge. sounds kinda cool if u ask me

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you guys are forgetting something we call ping having no turn based fighting is not possible because of the differences in ping (as a moderator and a few pros told me)

Best answers
He's saying, make it real-time.

btw, it's very possible to have realtime combat with ping... just not extreme pings... Server's have lag compensation commands.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
How do you get a high ping? Crappy internet?
youv'e just won a million dollars!! but you can also get bad ping depending on server locations aswell

i will have to agree thou , the ping will make it an lagger exp for those who have crap net or for those who share their net connection

Best answers
Well you really shouldn't be playin with a bad connection now adays anyways =)

I mean... you can't hold a game back for not being able to run on a 400mhz processor & 16mb of ram..

So why hold it back for people who have neglected to upgrade their connection?
And that's what the bots are for, right? For when you can't play online?

But... then again... there are some situations... like players in hawaii that may have next to no servers in their area, and have to play on servers far away. In which case it doesn't matter what kind of connection they have, they will still get lamed =( And that's not fair for them =( So i'm mixed on the issue...

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you know.. this idea is pretty much like prepunching... but with arrows. lol. Anyone notice that?

Best answers
Yeah i guess if you really think about it. Lol. But its different and alot more fast paced and thats what sets dbz apart from so many other animes. The fast paced fighting really catches peoples eyes. I kno it caught mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom