Adv melee suggestion

Everyone's Favorite Weirdo :D
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lol. I think theres more to ESF than just eye candy. Its playability. Especially since this is an online only mod, we have to count in a lot of factors to make reasonable play systems. This idea is interesting, but just prepunching with arrows is kinda, short and boring? If there was an addition to it, it would be better. But so far, I dont think this idea is worthwhile. just my opinion

Best answers
well its not prepunching its actual melee. lol. it jus goes alot faster and u kno maybe u can make it turn based or somthin. maybe add some other things to it or somthin. i dunno jus somthin anything faster paced then adv melee now

Best answers
Basically he says use the same system, but make it real-time. The inclusion of turnbased action (and when i say turnbased, i mean... after you get to be the agressor, your opponent gets a turn) being a possibility.

It wouldn't be boring, or infact any different from the current system (well, from my knowledge of what the new system is)... Just alot faster and more interactive.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From what i read on the main site there will be no more standing still. When you will input your combination the characters will throw punches and kicks round like crazy. ^^

But i ask Darktooth to confirm this ^^

Best answers
I think the new/current system being made is more of a "show" while you are waiting for the actual attacks. :\

Best answers
Ultima2_freeze said:
Basically he says use the same system, but make it real-time. The inclusion of turnbased action (and when i say turnbased, i mean... after you get to be the agressor, your opponent gets a turn) being a possibility.

It wouldn't be boring, or infact any different from the current system (well, from my knowledge of what the new system is)... Just alot faster and more interactive.
Exactly. Thats exactly what i meant. I didnt want the whole adv melee system changed i just requestes it a little more fast paced and a little more exciting then it is now. On adv melee now you go so slow to press buttons and things. I was just figuring put a new twist on things and speed it up and you know make people work for their hits and dodges in adv melee now.

Its pretty much easy to dodge everything in esf now unless you get randoms. And not saying that this will affect your performance with lag but no one really goes into rooms where their ping is really high anyway lol.

But i dont kno i think it would be fun to dodge all moves in dbz realistic manner.

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it wuold be easy to put YoungGunz ideea to in esf 1.3.like a DBZ stile for lan advenced melee for internet
and i like the ideea too its like the same as the advanced melee but ists more spedeng i like thea

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mastasurf said:
Over the past couple weeks Darktooth has been revamping the advanced melee and swoop animations. Instead of just sitting there while players input their advanced melee attacks the characters now move around and take turns punching each other in a very DBZish manner.The updates he is making to the animations sound really exciting! hopefully we will be able to get some clips to you guys soon.

I think this will make up for the slow advanced melee its being redone totaly -_- and you dont nead to sit there and wait till your dombination starts instead the models are fighting.

Oh and i got it from here its at the bottom (reading the news is a good thing :laff: )

Best answers
hehe u just dont like anything i post do u grega? lol. well thanx for clearin that up for me i didnt see it on there usually but i see wut u mean jus as long as adv melee is more fast paced i dont care its just to slow for me now

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
sorry, i dont really like the idea, mashing buttons randomly doesnt sound that much fun
you can decide to mash or not, the other opponent can decide to mash or not.. you're not bound to mash >_> i think if they have this idea still have the combos implemented so that you have to do a certain thing and think bout your attacks to get those combos to do extra damage.. those who mash won't get as much damage out of it than those who dont mash and do combos n junk

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom