a suggestion for esf open beta version

Best answers
hi just thought i would put up a suggestion for an alternate method of transforming for saiyans.

my suggestion is this:
because of the turbo button's new function may i suggest that a new function be placed on top, that when you reach the limit of the boost if you hold it down further it initiates transformation (for first time or borderline transforms) into ss1/2 and so on, then once you get to for arguments sake 1k PL above the required for the transform you are now able to "flash form" to ss1/2 etc :p i just feel it helps to adhere to the transforms form anime also "first time" transforms should be taken off for ascend button (script it to 1k above the required level for turbo trans to initiate "flash forming to ss1)

no idea if tis been suggested before but hey always worth posting anyway :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't see why this is necessary, you could just press the ascend button...

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I don't see why this is necessary, you could just press the ascend button...
I guess he means the ability to transform while swooping.

But anyway, Avenger is right, the team could add the possibility to transform while swooping by pressing the ascend-button. Personally, I like the idea. :yes:

Best answers
no not swoop the turbo button, you know powering up your powerlevel!.

my suggestion isnt nessesarily function but something that in my mind improves the theme and gameplay of the game.

go rewatch the anime and most of the transformations when going into ss1 or 2 for the first few times were preceded by powering up for example trunks going ss1 to fight mecha frieza and goku going ss3 with majin buu, then kid trunks when training with vegeta ajnd he finds out and when goku turns ss1 and 2 with majin buu they "flash form" to ss forms because they have been experienced with it.

if i meant swoop i'd have said swoop XD

🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
My mistake, sorry. Thought hold turbo = "swoop". Hm, but i still like the idea of instant transform while swooping. ^^

In the anime it looks like the "powerup" is part of the transformation. If you have to powerup first, it takes to much time and becomes after 100 times of playing boring to wait. How does it improve the gameplay that way?

For example Trunks powered up against mech frieza, because he's hiding his pl (the guy with the scouter said some seconds before that he has a low powerlevel). And ussj trunks powerup = part of the transformation, I guess.

If I'm wrong, pls correct me.

edit://

The open beta is completely different from the final and won't be edited by the team anymore. Never.

Last edited:
Best answers
btw super saiyai-jin is japanese grammer if your using english then use english grammer otherwise type in japanese please :p.

well its my personal view anyway,also EVERY first time transform has had power up period, while all experienced transform has been instant transforming.

:p if its part of the transform then it would be the same all the time

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's been a while since I've played but I'm pretty sure early transformations have a "power-up" period already.

They aren't all instant

P.S nowhere has anyone fully typed out Super Sayian/Saya-jin. You also might want to work on your own grammar before picking on others too.

Last edited:
Best answers
thats why i said its an alternate approach to it not an addition to it "hi just thought i would put up a suggestion for an alternate method of transforming for saiyans."

XD first sentance of the first post :p

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The transformations in the open beta have no effects. For how the finished transformations will work, you should look at the 1.2.3 version.

First a long one and as you increase your PL you will get a shorter one and finally an instant one.

Discord Member
Best answers
yep the open beta isn't something you should b going off of at all .... 1.2.3 is the real version

ps. i should slap you for ever considering super saiyajin bad grammar .... saiyan/saiyajin is a made up word, no correct way of saying it except the original ... which is with jin at the end

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sayian is a translation. The "jin" at the end means person. So the translation is something along the lines of Person of Saiya which in english terms would be Saiyan.

Just cause its japanese its still aname for a race. So grammar rules apply to it the same way. Or are you saying that the japanese "Amerika-jin" is the grammatically correct and more correct than "American"

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I'd like to add to this discussion. I think Azuchi67 has something going here, but perhaps he wasn't able to present it well due to his limited English. My version of this brings a bit more functionality to the table though.

As Azuchi67 has stated before, we see the Saiyans transforming in a variety of ways. Now, they either drag out their transformations or they do/need to transform quickly, without much powering up (this is what Azuchi67 calls "flash form" I presume). And sometimes they might transform during flight or a melee/beam struggle. What I'm about to present might also solve the issue on the topic, where it was discussed how long transformations should last and whether you should be invulnarble while transforming or not while considering spam-tactics.

Consider this: First transformations to be invicible (as far as I remember, it was decided that during 1st. time transformation you are invicible, after that, no more), I agree with that. But after the 1st. transformation, I don't think you should be required to find a peacefull place on the ground/air to transform. Rather, wouldn't it be possible that after you've achived a set amount of PL required for a transformation and after you would've transformed for the first time, you could also have the option to transform instantly (or almost instantly, 1-2 seconds, with no invulnarbility or push-back to your opponents). I believe such mechanics would be easy to implent, i.e., you might be required to tap the transformation button to instantly transform but could hold it if you would wish to execute a longer transformation. I also back-up the idea of being able to transform during flight. Haven't we seen this in ESF before? Also, I'm not saying this should be implanted into the OB obviously, if it would be implanted it should be implanted in ESF:F.

Now, although this function doesn't have a big tactical or gameplay value I still feel it adds to the theming and feel of the game, bringing it closer to DBZ.

A'right, that's all. Gotta hit the bed now hehe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom