A rare chance!

Retired
Best answers
well i'm never mentioned, so that must mean i'm doing an ok job :rolleyes:

is that true? cuz I would love to hear any crits about me aswell, since I dont really know how people think of me, and I want to learn from the feedback I get.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Phatslugga said:
Heh.. I love how this all started from ET's post. ET was just saying that he'd try his best to be a good mod. If that sounds fake to you, then whatever, but don't post it here. Last time I checked calling someone fake is an insult, so don't do it.
I was trying to convey how what he said made him sound too serious about the forum, which in my original post was something I had touched upon.
You basically just called Hal paranoid, so don't do it.

Phatslugga said:
Hal - Seriously man, you've been harrassed here? Unless someone directly insulted you, or somehow touched you via internet, you haven't been harrassed.
I find myself and especially Halorin being targeted a bit more often than others, surely. Even if we're not warned/banned, they usually have some uncalled for remark to put when a thread is closed or something. Of course, if we respond, we're the aggressors.

For example, what is up with this thread?

MyStiX said:
someones always gotta be a smartass...
I wasn't putting it in a sarcastic tone. I was wondering if it was just a picture or something he edited in photoshop or whatnot. I'm glad mystix finds it appropriate to call me a smartass.

Phatslugga said:
It's my assumption that you want to "keep it real" in your posts, but as Dave Chappelle has shown us, keeping it real is not always the best way to do things. I don't mean to offend you or anything, but it's MY personal opinion that you've been the most offensive person here.
What? If your personal inspiration comes from Dave Chapelle, then I don't really see why I'm replying to you. Anyway, yeah, what is being said in this thread probably is offensive to the people that don't want to hear it. Mainly those who need to hear it most.

Smith| said:
Halorin, Halorin, Halorin... the world does not revolve around you.
You're fighting a losing arguement that you shouldn't fight any longer.
Who said it did? I don't see where you're coming from, not even knowing his stance here. He has brought up a lot of controversy since he became a tester, and it's no secret that he is drawing a lot of "attention" from some of the staff on this forum. It seems that I will probably be also. As for the arguement tidbit, what are we "winning or losing?" I wasn't even aware there was a fight here. We're simply more open than most people.

Smith| said:
Now, Gman. I can't believe you would go out and flame a moderator just like that. I thought more of you. Of course, if you're friends with someone who thinks he made the game face "D:" and who thinks he's on a high pedistal, then it's no surprise. You earned my respect ingame but you just lost it all out of game by calling someone fake due to them trying to show a positive attitude, something I said should be put into the forum. You disapoint me...

I feel the moderating team is doing a good job with this thread with exception of one or two, but overall you're doing fine. Don't let two people with clouded judgements ruin your day.
Again, more stuff you don't know much about. Not going to touch upon the unimportant personal details, but they asked for opinions, I supplied them. They can't handle them, fine. I am not wearing rose-colored glasses.

I don't see how my judgement is clouded. I'm vocal. There's a difference. The same difference that hasn't been noticed for hundreds of years, going back to slavery, equal rights, and any other controversial issue you can bring up. It's no surprise.

Judge said:
well i'm never mentioned, so that must mean i'm doing an ok job is that true? cuz I would love to hear any crits about me aswell, since I dont really know how people think of me, and I want to learn from the feedback I get.
As long as you can accept the feedback if it is negative. Seems most people here don't want to hear it. If everyone tells you that you're doing perfectly, then that just gives you a larger margin for error. I think that's been a problem around here.

It's nice that Deverz's post below is so civilized, as well. If I told you to shutup, I'd be banned.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Would you shut up already

This thread is not about YOU critisizing us

We already know that you think that we are doing a bad job

Shut the hell up and let others have their turn

Retired
Best answers
yeah Gman, you had your chance voicing your opinion, which is pretty damn clear by now...

we want to hear everybodies oppinion, not one oppinion over and over again from the same guy..put a sock in it please.

G
lol, i think all the mods r prettty alright, altho after saying that, ever since bolteh (cant remeber his oringoal name now) came a mod he's been, well, boring, strict, annoying, and well i jeneraly dislike him, even more than i used to lol. btw judge, cool sig ;) very cool

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, while I may not agree with GMan said, I understand that he had to say it, because Phatsluggah and Smith insulting him.

Could you expect him not to respond?

Can you criticize him for responding, as a moderator?

You'd respond if I started saying "Deverz is a crappy mod," (not that I think you are)
So please don't act like you're all surprised someone had to respond to near personal attacks to them. :p

More on topic: I think every mod should strive to appear impartial and unbiased at all times. (Which, no offense, would rule out the last 2 posts)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
How is my posting going to stop other people from replying? It didn't seem like fort had any problem here. What did stop them was this thread being closed by people who don't really want opinions, but want praise.

But thanks for the kind words, guys.

Retired
Best answers
no, what made us close this thread was you and halorin, we don't care we get bad feedback or not, we learn from all.. but telling how much everythings sucks etc, basically isn't a good way to stop the flaming... this thread turned into an all-out flamefest. that is the thing we wanted to stop.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Judge said:
no, what made us close this thread was you and halorin, we don't care we get bad feedback or not, we learn from all.. but telling how much everythings sucks etc, basically isn't a good way to stop the flaming... this thread turned into an all-out flamefest. that is the thing we wanted to stop.
The people I see flaming the most are the moderators in this thread. See where I'm going with this?

Secondly it is not an "all out flamefest." I'd like to think I'm keeping it just debate here, but boy are you guys trying your darndest to change that.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I closed it because I read this thread and all I saw was you two nobody else so seriously

SHUT THE HELL UP WE ALREADY KNOW THAT YOU THINK WE SUCK

Retired
Best answers
gman dont get me started on where you attacked Evil_Trunks when he was doing nothing wrong, he was stating that he hoped his presence would make the forum a better place..

what matters now..is that this thread will remain open for people to voice their oppinions. now i'm sincerely asking you to stop replying to this thread. we know how you feel, you've made your point..

now please, get lost.

Best answers
Well I think all in all everyone is doing a great job On The Mod itself. But I wil tell the truth about the fact that you guys do tend to fight with each other a bit I dont want to pretend that I know everything but I do know most of the people fighting in the posts above from the past and know their personalitys all to well. I know it mosty has to do with a lot of attention whore's who love to get their nose into every little thing (you know who im talking about) but I think everyone needs to step back and let the things you have already said go... there is no point in continuing to bicker back and forth in a public forum.. I know everyone has their own problems but I think if you have such a big problem with another person you should address that person in a PM that is what it is there for... insted of useing the public forums so you're fights can be publicized... when you do that it makes you look like you guys can barely hold it together even though I know thats not the truth... but if you keep at it people will lose respect for you guys.... they might not say they have and they might even fight back sayin no they havent so they can appear all good and happy in front of the mod's and dev's because deep down they want to stand out and maybe some day be apart of the team... which is why some of the post's so far are mainly "suck-up" threads... but I am done ranting and do belive that when it comes to work that you guys get the job done... but when it comes to the overall public and in team mod vs mod or mod vs dev fights it gets a little shady.... (remember you asked for what we thought and nothing more)

Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I could very much expect him to not respond. It's called being the bigger man and just letting some **** go. I hate to keep this crap going, but as a mod I want to hear what everyone thinks of how we are performing.

So please, just stop this bickering. If you just feel like arguing, take it some place else. This applies to all forum users, as well as mods. Can I force you? of course not, but it's just a favor to me. Thanks.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Judge said:
now please, get lost.
There it is again. The snide comment.™ I was about to stop replying since you asked so politely, but then you had to slip in that little zinger. It seems to be a trend here, eh? It wasn't necessary, and you didn't need to say it. Why do you insist on proving my points again? I'm happy enough to stop posting here, so no more comments that are meant to make you look dominating, and it's all good.

Fine, ET. I'm done. Was that so hard? Some politeness? Sheesh, people.

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gman I have known you longer than I have known hal. I know how you like to do this and I know how hal has a tendancy just to go into this. Just stop now and save a little face. No one wants to hear all this crap. This is a thread for the community as a whole which a lot of us veterens seem to have forgotten the meaning of that. In seeing most of the elites leave, getting bored of esf in game for the most part they have dispersed and you seem to have chosen the forums as your place to play. Don't respond to this post trying to dissprove what I have said because I'm not taking part in these word games. This is just a statement I hope you at least read.

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alright GMan and Halorin

As an administrator, you two aren't allowed to post in this thread anymore. This is an act of moderation, and the reason is that I want this thread to mostly contain opinions from ALL the users, and not just arguments from the two of you

Goodbye

Best answers
I think its just one sided if you keep posting Gman, since the points already been made and your constrantly trying to change it :/

ps. I dont hate anyone just saying what it looks like.

Retired
Best answers
It's quite unfair to keep talking about Gman and Halorin when they are not allowed to respond in their defence (or they'll get a warning). so please let's get back on topic. and not mention them again in this thread.

thank you.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just take note that we haven't warned Gman since Hibiki's warning and we haven't warned Hal at all.

@Panther- Contrary to what it might look like at a first glance, there has been no "mod vs. mod" in this thread, and it is a rare occurance outside on the rest of the forum. Bolt and I have scuffled in the past, other mods have disagreed with each other publicly, but it's rare, and it gets taken care of. We have protocols for that kind of thing.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't understand how it got off topic when I said it was to stay on topic from this point on.

If you post concerning Gman's and Halorin's convictions, you will be warned, then banned if it continues. Gman, once again, you leave without the politeness or lack of witty zingers that you ask from us. Is it any cooincidence that you began this by insulting a moderator that did nothing to you?

As for the staff, once again I ask you to refrain from starting, engaging in, or ending the skirmishes in this thread. This is not the place for that behavior, and you too will be warned for continuing hostilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom