A rare chance!

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Forums (such as society) will have their ups and downs. People will find differences in almost anything, which promotes them to express their opinions. It's the people who take their opinions to extremes (adding excessive vulgar material and spamming) that find themselves dealing with forum admins and moderators.

For the most part, the admins and mods do their job. Thats what there here to do... to make the forums a good and enjoyable place. Mods have been known to mess around or take their job to the extreme... it's the other Mods and Admins job's to deal with it appropiately.

They have done this very well and they have improved greatly in other area I can think of off hand.

A qoute...

"The demands of unbounded individualism need to be weighed in the light of inherent social constraints which can only change their form but cannot be eliminated without eliminating civilization. " - Thomas Sowell

In lamen terms, the Mod and Admins work hard to ensure stability and organization within these forums. I for one, will use this thread to thank them.

Thank you :D

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Being an admin or moderator is a job. Nobody is perfect at their job right away if ever. We are human beings, and we are flawed by nature. Being a moderator has been a learning experience and I keep picking things up along the way. I don't have a perfect slate (who doesn't make mistakes), but I try to improve the forum experience for everyone by learning from my mistakes, as well other's mistakes for the benefit of everybody.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hal and Gman should just be happy they have not unleashed the wrath of the forum staff because if they did they would be taking a 1 or 2 week vacation by now heh.

Back on topic.

All the mods/admins I had the pleasure of working with are doing a wonderful job the senior staff members are always improving things and try to keep this place more interesting. I've only talked to a few new mods but never got to know what their like or how they act so I can't give my opinions to everyone like so many have tried in this thread. I think though the mods/admins should ease up on some people with a past yes people make mistakes but some of the forum users try to make up for their mistakes. The strictness on the forum is perfect 1-2 week bans for continous violations of the rules is good because some users come back with a different attitude not all but some which is a good improvement.

Thats all I can think of for now, just got finished drinking a couple brewskies and got back from work so things might sound a little off but try to make sense of it hehe.

Keep up the good work forum staff and I will always have your back and ready with opinions and suggestions to help the forum in anyway.

Take care.

Best answers
Deverz said:
Alright GMan and Halorin

As an administrator, you two aren't allowed to post in this thread anymore. This is an act of moderation, and the reason is that I want this thread to mostly contain opinions from ALL the users, and not just arguments from the two of you

Goodbye
Hang on here. I wasn't even here today and I'm not allowed to post anymore for what GMan said like I'm responsible for what he said? Alright, then, but that's just yet another example of 'special' treatment. I get in trouble for just existing nowadays and other people's actions, heh.

I gave my opinion and I walked. Mods broke the rule they are now trying to enforce by quoting me and starting a side-conversation. I gave my replies, and they gave theirs. I said I was done with it. That's all I know.

Listen, if you don't agree with me, don't. If you want to flame me, go ahead. That's your thing, and I respect that. But DON'T take stuff out on me that I wasn't even involved in, especially something that is a day short and more than ten posts stale. If you want people's opinions, then don't let other people flame the people giving opinions.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You are responsible for all you said. Just because we laid down the rule after one of GMan's posts doesn't mean that we made the rule for both of you just because of him. You were told not to post in this thread, now you've got the warning promised for doing so. Now please kindly obey the rules.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with nuttzy on the most part, I think you need another mod in the models/skins section, someone who models and skins and can relate and kinda knows what models are what, and who made what, and credits and stuff, they let a lot of rips slide with just a warning and others get a ban.. I dont get it really, there not enforcing the rules enough.

I think bolt is doing a nice job, I just think he flames people a bit to much for editing and stuff, and "copying", even if it is a copy, its still a model/skin and still deserves the same right as another original model. Im not a big fan of copyers, but its still a model.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my opinion the only thing that really ticks me off is Hibiki. No offence Hibiki but your just.... your just not nice.... at all. its like you have a boat up your @$$ or something. or maybe you just dont like me. but your id say the meanest out of all. sometimes you close threads i see no real reason for closing. some times your answers to things are just either mean, negative. you just really piss me off

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
These opinions will be taken into account when moderator reviews come up shortly, they will also be addressed by the upcoming Moderator Code of Conduct.

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
In all fairness i have to say Hib is one the nicest guy's around. Sure he can be a bit short tempered a couple of days but apart from that he is quite failr and honest. From what I see he usually closes threads that he senses might start or already have people flaming each other in them and im pretty sure he's right most of the time.

Im not saying he doesn't make mistakes were all human and can mess up but Hib really tries not to do it.

In my opinion the subject of 1.2 is really what get's Hib and all the other mod's ticked off but they usually do quite a good job not to get too annoyed. To me most of the mod's have been quite fair and once you get on irc and talk to them you'll realize most of them are really nice but have to keep a firm image in the forum's. So overall these forums have some of the nicest mods around and in all honesty sure there have been a few mishaps but the Good outweighs the Bad and we should thank them for doing such a good job and upholding the peace.

Best answers
chris109 said:
In my opinion the only thing that really ticks me off is Hibiki. No offence Hibiki but your just.... your just not nice.... at all. its like you have a boat up your @$$ or something. or maybe you just dont like me. but your id say the meanest out of all. sometimes you close threads i see no real reason for closing. some times your answers to things are just either mean, negative. you just really piss me off
Its funny I used to be of the same opinion when I first started coming here that Hibiki and Hsu were a couple of Nazi's that would whack a thread for any reason. However after time and a better undstanding of how these forums are run and the laws enforced I understood that they were just doing there jobs.

Best answers
LoL At first i thought Hib was a bit of a jerk as well....but if you look at his posts and look how he conducts himself most of the time Id say hes a damn good mod and a reasonable guy too. LoL apparently he grows on people.

Best answers
Majin Krillin said:
Its funny I used to be of the same opinion when I first started coming here that Hibiki and Hsu were a couple of Nazi's that would whack a thread for any reason. However after time and a better undstanding of how these forums are run and the laws enforced I understood that they were just doing there jobs.
I'm inclined to agree with you Majin Krillin...since I've been here I've rather disliked Hibiki and laughed at his sign constantly..mod or not. But now...I think I'll finally leave him alone and give him credit where credit is due..as in when I feel it is necessary. SAME HERE CHEETO101..he is like a fungus..but in a good way...*it never ends..NEIN*

I never had a problem with Hsu..

I'de have to say I took an almost immediate liking to Magus and Magmus *though he worships dirty, green pickles*..

I also didn't like Sonic Boyster at first..*just because he was opposed to a few different suggestions I happened to like*...but..I found that to be too childish of a reason to dislike a person..besides as of the last 2 weeks I've gotten to better understand him through some of his other posts..a pretty cool guy...as is Prozac...Not sure about Deman...don't know him very well yet...keep those wondering hands AWAY from Jackie if you don't want to be the proud owner of a new A**H*LE! *Miroku is a funny guy..alot like my friend Will..............However..killing someone over "conversing/flirting" with a girl that isn't even on speaking terms with me at the moment, that I happen to like for the first time and for the last year and a half..ISN'T a problem for me. Just speaking to "her" AT ALL is enought to warrant a serious beating...but to "touch" her..would mean things a man should never have done to him and pain that would make "Legion" turn around and cringe...

-Have a nice day/night everyone...

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hibiki is a great guy once you get to know him but yeh he can be a jerk at times, most of us are.

Btw Big Vee, I think your confused it parts

Magmus isn't a mod, Deman is Miroku with a name change :p

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Dirty green pickles" @_o

Care to elaborate?

*Wtf are you talking about you crazy old man :?*
-Dev

Best answers
Hes talking about a quote from Big VEE's post :p

As for me, i'v never had a problem with any mods, they just do their job, and I follow their rules, to the best of my ability. Considering none of the rules on this forum you have to bend over backwards to follow, its quite easy. The rules for the most part are common sense imo.

I used to dislike hib because I didn't understand him, but once you get 'around' the forums, you will get to know him better. You also don't want to run into Gonadz on one of his off-days, since he has a tendancy to explode with rude comments and such o_o

For me, the mods and admins have been nothing but helpful and kind.

P.S: Go Magus \o/

Ice Cream God
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Pfft.. anybody who likes magus dosent realize that on the inside hes just a n00b.
And i run into Gonadz everyday o_O
And Cucumba is teh meanest mod of all :eek:

Best answers
Deverz said:
Hibiki is a great guy once you get to know him but yeh he can be a jerk at times, most of us are.

Btw Big Vee, I think your confused it parts

Magmus isn't a mod, Deman is Miroku with a name change :p
Yes...that he is..(I've only seen him get mad once and that was on THIS thread..*understandable...for I've read ALL of it*)

I know he isn't but decided to mention him anyways. PS: Cucumba..by "dirty green pickle" meaning Piccolo...For he is an all mighty pickle...*I like Piccolo and I like Magmus...I just like Vegeta a WHOLE LOT more...that's all...*

About Deman..I often use people's signs/fav characters to "characterize" them...*almost as an identification if you will* That's just how I am..Miroku is a dirty pervert..thus I tell Deman to stay away from a girl he has never/and probably WILL never meet....because that's just how I am..silly isn't it?

SoulStriker got it all sorted out *good for you friend*...Magus is ACE and Hibiki is a really cool guy..*don't let his sign fool you...or your first impressions of him..for they are MOST deceiving of his inner "beauty"*

-Can I get any weirder...
Yes...yes I can....I don't try ANYTHING...I just do it....
Wanna try me? *lol*

Best answers
Hmmm.....the mods are doing a really good job for keeping the forums spamfree, and they are actually quite leniant IMO because of my moderating(more like Admin) privileges I had back on my own forums. :)

And if anyone wants to know my first impressions on Hib.....I didn't like him, but now that I know him a bit, he realy isn't bad.

Well, now let's boil down on how they're all doing, in my opinion and with smilies only :D

Judge : :)
Deman : :) :)
Magus : :) :)
Hsu : :-D
Hibiki : :-D :-D (guess what this means)
Majin You : :-D
Cuc : :-D
Deverz : :-D

And I can't think of anything else anymore :( Apologies for those whom I didn't include, I have really crappy memory and only they come into mind.

EDIT : Damn smily limit now I have to add teh schnozzles to the smilies....

Best answers
well nearly every mod has something against me but i think they really are all doing a good job.... they all (most) have a sense of humor.....and they are keeping the peace fairly good.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom