A GREAT melee system Idea

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
are you playing stupid..

what happens when you are knocked out... if your calling the period where you're knocked out boring then be my guest..

I've already posted my idea.. ill be back later and hopefully more optimistic people will take a look at this..
Being knocked out is a bad thing, it's not something that most people would get excited about.

Misanthropist
🌠 Staff
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To me this idea makes your attacks less controlled. It seems more random than anything - in a fighting game i like to choose a defined attack/evasion. This system just means you get lucky. I think this would work better for a head on where the players spar at super speeds, the persons who can control the shaking more wins and the otherplayer gets knocked back, but even then im not such a fan of it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't like the idea. It doesn't help ESF and it doesn't seem like it's suited to high-speed combat.

If given the option, I'd use simple melee over this.
[/size]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is like DDR but worse. In the current advance melee you atleast can choose what to do.
In your system, throwing out "flashy" attacks would be totally random.
And no matter how much the cursor shakes, trying to keep it in a circle is not exciting.
IIRC the design documents of melee already use the mouse for attacks.

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont like the idea. That bullseye system is just NOT DBZlish, I would preefer arrows and I hate arrows.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Start viewing @ 6:25 http://www.gametrailers.com/player/14258.html

Look how fast the crosshair shakes, look how he struggles to move to into the circle..

In my idea, each Automatic shake/change of direction of the mouse is a New DBZ attack. The shakes show how the mouse would randomly shake, not how violently it would shake. Thus, making it hard to even get a "Strong Hit"... you'll find yourself throwing more rapid weak hits and some rapid medium hits and sometimes landing a strong hit.

No you cant exactly control the "Specific" Types of move you do, NOT ONLY BECAUSE THEIR WOULD BE SOOOO MANY, but In my opinion, if you added that you'd get a something that would be at Adv Melee speed.. Slow.. and boring after you got good with it... and this is NOT like DDR where you simply press an arrow that appears on the screen, while waiting for the next one.. your not guessing "random arrows".. which really has no Imeserve gameplay. Your not stuck waiting as your enemy decides what attack he'll use.. no .. In my idea your enemy may attack you at any time, and so can you.. whether he attacks with a counter.. or even becoming the attacker His / Herself..

This is a Pressure Fighting system, and when I vision this.. no matter how good you are.. you wont be able to hold the mouse dead center because of the mouses shakes. There will always be shakes that accidently go outside of the hitting zone, and to make things more interesting depending on the strength of a players attack the defender's mouse will shake MORE violently making it more difficult to defend.

You'll find yourself taking hits here and their while trying to block or counter..

And if you still cant imagine what the fighting would look like... LOOK AT THIS

http://youtube.com/watch?v=3-Hjf43k3Cs

Watch from 0:17 to 0:23

LOOK AT THE TIMING FOR EACH PUNCH... BAM BAM BAM BAM.. THAT IS DBZ SPEED FIGHTING.. YES THATS HOW FAST THE MOUSE WILL BE SHAKING.. YES EACH SHAKE WILL BE ONE ATTACK LIKE A PUNCH OR KICK AS SEEN IN THE VID

YES YOU WONT BE ABLE TO COMPLETELY CONTROL IT. IT WOULD BE A STRUGGLE TO DO SO..

YES THATS HOW IT WOULD LOOK, Each attack on the attackers side.. has a cooresponding ANIMATION on the defenders side..

YES, EITHER PLAYER IS FREE TO ATTACK AT ANY TIME DURING THE FIGHT..

YES THEIR ARE NO DELAYS

YES THIS IS NOTHING LIKE ADV MELEE(slow boring, sooo very predictable)

YES THIS GIVES NEW PLAYERS AN EQUAL PLAYING FIELD TO VERSE SKILLED BASIC MELEE USERS.

YES THIS WILL ATTRACT NEW PLAYERS BECAUSE OF ITS DBZ STYLE..

YES THIS HAS A GOOD AMOUNT OF DEPTH

YES THE IDEA ISN'T FULLY COMPLETE, BUT ITS A GREAT IDEA

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
so far, all that the person(S) ive presented it to could come with.. is

"it's complicated" -- CLEARLY IT IS NOT

"This is like DDR but worse." -- CLEARLY ITS NOTHING LIKE ADV MELEE

"So your just sitting their.. holding your mouse in a circle" -- CLEARLY IT IS NOT JUST THAT SIMPLE GAMEPLAY WISE.

Perhaps if I found someone who could critically think about this... I'd respect their opinion

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a Pressure Fighting system, and when I vision this.. no matter how good you are.. you wont be able to hold the mouse dead center because of the mouses shakes. There will always be shakes that accidently go outside of the hitting zone, and to make things more interesting depending on the strength of a players attack the defender's mouse will shake MORE violently making it more difficult to defend.
So you're saying this is more luck-based than skill based, and no matter how good you are, you're going to get hit. Kinda like pre-punches.

No.

It's needlessly complicated. Yes, it is. Simple melee isn't supposed to be anything other than simple, and even the advanced melee outline sounds better than this crap, so it obviously won't replace that.

This is like DDR, except now you're shaking your mouse around and it's more random.

You are just sitting there trying to keep the reticle centered. You're not flying around, you're not even really fighting. ESF isn't a boxing game. ESF isn't a fighting game. Stop trying to turn it into one.

You're not one to talk about thinking critically. "THIS IS A GREAT MELEE SYSTEM!!!!!" doesn't exactly ooze critical thinking. It sounds like bias. It sounds like you don't give a **** what other people think. It sounds like every other post and thread you've ever created.

Last edited:

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
so far, all that the person(S) ive presented it to could come with.. is

"This is like DDR but worse." -- CLEARLY ITS NOTHING LIKE ADV MELEE

"So your just sitting their.. holding your mouse in a circle" -- CLEARLY IT IS NOT JUST THAT SIMPLE GAMEPLAY WISE.

Perhaps if I found someone who could critically think about this... I'd respect their opinion
Then why are you wasting our time with your ideas if you're not willing to listen to anyone?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
are you saying that nobody here can critically think?

Keep in mind that I DIDn't say that

I'de rather hear from people who aren't apart of some internet fanboy group >_> who simply follow the leader

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You're the only one here who's unable to see past his own opinion. You don't think I can think critically? Fine. What about every other poster in this thread who thinks your idea is absurd? They're all morons too? Really? You're the only intelligent person here?

I can think of several people who also felt the same way, that everyone in the world was wrong and they were right, and each one of them was bat**** crazy.

I chuckled at this:

Followed by:

Who here is part of an internet fanboy group and what fanboy group would that be? Rational Minds United?

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
quote 1 is true.. Care to prove other wise??

quote 2...

If you were chased by the police on ur drive to work...

and i said.. oh.. you just drove to work..

ones basicly describes it in simple terms ignoring it's events..

Zeo IF YOU CAN CRITCALLY CRITiQE my idea... I'de love to see it..

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
are you saying that nobody here can critically think?
No, you did.

Keep in mind that I DIDn't say that
You stated that if you found someone who can think critically about your suggestion, you would respect their opinion. Implying that you haven't found anyone who's replied so far capable of critical thinking, thus don't respect their opinion.

I'de rather hear from people who aren't apart of some internet fanboy group >_> who simply follow the leader
What leader? What internet fanboy group? What the hell are you talking about?

quote 1 is true.. Care to prove other wise??

quote 2...

If you were chased by the police on ur drive to work...

and i said.. oh.. you just drove to work..

ones basicly describes it in simple terms ignoring it's events..

Zeo IF YOU CAN CRITCALLY CRITiQE my idea... I'de love to see it..
What the hell are you talking about? What does being cased by the police have anything to do with this discussion?

Last edited:
Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Quote 1 contradicts quote 2 and vice versa.

If you can construct a suggestion worth critiquing, I'd love to write one for you.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
MC no you.. get out of here with that crap.. same to you zeo

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx, no, stop posting bad suggestions and then getting angry when no one likes them. If you took the time to flesh out your ideas and consider how they may affect the game both positively and negatively, you could probably come up with something interesting. The problem is, you create every thread half-cocked, with maybe a paragraph of nonsense, followed by a line saying "ILL ADD MORE LATER!!!" Be happy that some of us take the time to look back at your posts 20 times because you keep adding **** that should have been there from the beginning.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
lawl..

Zeo your a dix.. i dont know why but your a dix.. (This the equivalent of your post)

I CALL YOU DIX, but I CARE NOT TO CRITIQUE YOU AND DEFINE WHY YOUR ARE ONE!~~~ LIVE ON THE NIXDIX!~~~ EVERYOEN GO FOR A RIDE o_O

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lawl..

Zeo your a dix.. i dont know why but your a dix.. (This the equivalent of your post)

I CALL YOU DIX, but I CARE NOT TO CRITIQUE YOU AND DEFINE WHY YOUR ARE ONE!~~~ LIVE ON THE NIXDIX!~~~ EVERYOEN GO FOR A RIDE o_O
And this is why I can't take you seriously. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this way.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
And this is why I can't take you seriously. I'm sure I'm not alone in feeling this way.
Yes finally an excuse to avoid crituqing his IDEA SUCCES @ LAST.. ( This is the equivilant of your post)

Note: i dont care if you take me seriously or not,, your not one i'de look up to

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom