1.3 = Not what you expected?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Uhm i know this is totaly offtopic but........erm how does the scouter lock on work???:p

The powerlevel indicator. It stays locked on to your target for a while.

Itll look better (and easier to folow) once it gets some new sprites.

Im hoping something with a cyrcle with the target in the middle. Basicly the information folws the movement of the target across your screen for a short while.

Now with Kung-Fu action!
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right on Shiyojin! (Still struggle to spell your name)

I think instead of complaining, we should be helping the team as much as possible, if you have something to tell them (bug/glitch/request/proposal/salmon) , do it. The more we help, the sooner it's finished. It's like the spirit bomb that killed Buu. If we don't give our support, we'll all be turned into biscuits.

Besides as the team said, they have work, work is time consuming but vital. ESF comes when they have free time (which they can still use elsewhere) so let's all be grateful.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Grega that doesn't change the fact that we get dissed whenever we say what we don't like.
you're not getting the point >_> we KNOW you dont like it, but you never gave any way to change it for the better and WHY it would be better

edit: it doesnt help when there only complaining and no helping

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's not it dip ****.
Normally, I don't particularly mind if folks are trying to make a point about their suggestions. Heck, looking back on previous threads with similar topics to this one, I can be found stating that both the team and the people making suggestions need to chill a bit.

However, the above quoted text is out of line. If you intend to stick around and make a legitimate impact on the game, Mccdbz5, you'd better cut the kind of crap I'm seeing above. If you're looking for a clear-cut way for the team to ignore you, then keep it up; doubly so if you want me to hand you a ticket out of here. I'm warning you for flaming.We realize and respect that you have a right to an opinion (at least, we should - those who don't should learn to do so immediately).

Watch it.

EDIT - and don't let me catch you trying to argue this warning in public. PM me if it suits you.

Best answers
A team of the whole frigging ESF community working on 1 single model for 2 1/2 years and they still aren't finished.

Do the math.
I know this goes way back to 1st page, but I couldn't let it slip. As far as I know the team has a deadline and if Tien doesn't meet it he won't be included in 1.3 (makes u think if 1.3 really depends on tien)? Plus, wtf, it has barely been a year, not 2 1/2.

People barely helped at first, too. :\

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know this goes way back to 1st page, but I couldn't let it slip. As far as I know the team has a deadline and if Tien doesn't meet it he won't be included in 1.3 (makes u think if 1.3 really depends on tien)? Plus, wtf, it has barely been a year, not 2 1/2.

People barely helped at first, too. :\
Operation Tien dates back to 2004.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
jblaze101 said:
i see alot of people getting mad because they used to be good on older versions, but suck ass now because they can't do what they did to be good.
You can always get better different ways.

Best answers
No the point was to make it different... Hence why we are basically remaking everything into something new. New Swoop, new PS system, New Melee, New stamina, New Models, New Animations, New Tits, you name it. So yeah, unless you're a dev, let's not talk ignorant **** about what the game is being made into k? Awesome.
Hell, over half the things in the game are still the same. The only thing you guys did was **** up the swooping. Wow. Great job man. You know it's been 2 and 1/2 years, right? What I was saying, was that you guys aren't making the game, into something completely different. Think of it like this, it's not like you guys are going from a fighting game, to an RPG game. So yeah, basically, you are just upgrading the game. If your plan was to make it different, so far, you've failed. You guys did succeed in making it ****tey, though.

Kama said:
Hey! You know what an Open Beta is? Well see it's this awesome thing where people can play a game, here's the important part, still being developed. Honestly, are you that dense? Would you eat a seed and say "Man this Watermelon tastes like ****." No, and why? Because it's still being developed.
You just described your own game...Hell, you guys are so behind, ESF basically is only a seed, growing into a watermelon. Guess what else? It's been two and a half years...That's a long ass time for a watermelon to still be a seed. You know, this is a perfect example of you guys making excuses. I know it's still being developed, but after two and a half years, someone would expect some actual good progress, besides what you can see. It's like all you guys did was work on the models and animations. The funny thing is, not even most of those are done.

Kama said:
Please wait until the game is done, or at least close to being done, before you start whining because you can't handle the new system.
I love how you keep proving me right time after time. See the excuses you come up with to say why I don't like it? The game is not hard, it's just not fun...Why don't you just except it, instead of making punk ass excuses for why I don't like it. Maybe, just maybe, I don't think it's fun. And for the last time, I'm not saying the game is going to suck. I just don't like the beta. Get over it.

Kama said:
We'll stop making excuses when you start making suggestions. Deal? Awesome.
I just made a suggestion in this thread ass hole. Why don't you get your facts straight? See, that's the thing. We do make suggestions, and you guys still make excuses. Please, be true to your own words for crying out loud. Everytime someone on this forum makes a good suggestion, one of you guys shoots it down. "Oh no guys! The ESF team might actually have to do some work!" We also do get flamed for making a suggestion. It's not like you guys will actually add it to the game anyway, so what's the point? We should waste our time?

Kama said:
Then after all the ranting, swearing and flying off the handle you end your post with a simple

If I may? BIG LAWL!
Oh man, saying that doesn't make you look like a loser at all. I'm glad this forum is full of cool and mature people..."BIG LAWL"...What the ****? Let me ask you something, do you like getting made fun of? If you do, just keep talking like that in public. That's a great way to make new friends. I love how I get flamed by people like you who say the dumbest **** imaginable. When you're trying to make someone feel bad, next time, try using a real comeback? Ok? Your whole post was basically, a flame towards me. Just because I don't like your un-finished product, doesn't mean anything. I'm the customer, you're the producer. What do you when the customer gets upset? You curse them out? No, you don't. The way people get treated for having an opinion on here is just assinine.

To imkongkong: I did make a suggestion, before I did start complaining...Guess what? No one even said anything about it. If you would look at my suggestion, and tell me what you think, that would be great.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Alright, the argument instigations and arguments stop.

MCc, you don't like the beta, cool.

Everyone else is defending their opinions, cool.

Please keep in mind why progress is slow, the team fought WoW addictions, and people filtering in and out with itnernal problems, yes it's been 2.5 years since a huge progression spike has been done, but no one said the 2 years went as planned, did they?/ It's been rough, just chill out and keep a cool head, I know some of your points are constructive, but stuff like (paraphrased) "You did a good job at making it ****ty." Doesn't land you in neutral waters man.

I'm going to have to ask team and public alike to keep a cool head from this point on, and as for McC, I highly suggest you heed Majin_You's warning, yes Kama was badgering you, but retaliating by calling him an ass hole doesn't fix anything, two wrongs ! = a right.

So I'm asking one more time as a friendly person, chill out, before things don't get as easy.

Best answers
See, at least you're actually nice about it. Yeah, I'll cool it, cause your post actually makes sense.

Mr. Preacher
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm agreement with everyone here about the current swoop/dash system in the open beta. I do believe what you suggested with being able to teleport well swooping or dashing would probably make a bit more fun and challenging.

Suggestions you guys make are brought about at the tester/team meetings hell theres 1 guy in this forum who's ideas keep popping up everywhere. Your suggestions and concerns do get noticed by the team but only if you suggest them in a polite manner and in the right section. I for one wouldn't be looking in the open beta chat for suggestions I would be looking in the suggestion forums for reasonable and legitimate suggestions.

Like PCJoe has stated many of times if you want to post your suggestions and concerns about the current swoop/dash system do so in the correct thread that was made in the suggestion forum its as simple as that. I will even be nice and give you a direct link to it: http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?t=68050

Having a discussion is fine but cursing and *****ing will lead you no where fast.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You guys did succeed in making it ****tey, though.
Again, open beta, please see my last post, it's not finished, of course it's going to be ****ty. I don't care what your favourite game is, at one point, it was a piece of crap because it was still, in what? That's right, development.

You just described your own game.
Uhh yeah.. I did... that was the point of the analogy.

I just don't like the beta. Get over it.
We really don't care you don't like the beta.. You're the one who seems to have the problem, or at least enough of one to come and voice you don't like it on our forums. Why can't you just not like it and leave it at that? Take your own advice

Oh man, saying that doesn't make you look like a loser at all. I'm glad this forum is full of cool and mature people..."BIG LAWL"...What the ****? Let me ask you something, do you like getting made fun of? If you do, just keep talking like that in public. That's a great way to make new friends. I love how I get flamed by people like you who say the dumbest **** imaginable.
BIG Lawl!

I'm the customer, you're the producer.
No.. you're really not the customer... a customer pays money to the producer for his work. You aren't giving us anything at all, in fact, you are costing us money from our bandwidth and hosting fees. So it really doesn't matter how we treat you. Pay us some money, or at least get Force Pit access, and then i'll start taking you seriously.
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/customer
Look it up sometime. Good Grammar is knowledge, and knowledge is power.

But honestly. I just see you complaining about Swoop, which isn't really going to be a part of 1.3. And if you just read some other topics, you'll notice there are Cvars where you can change the dash to work the same as the current Swoop in 1.2. So.. I don't get your vendetta against 1.3. Fix it yourself with cvars until we're done the melee it's meant to be used with.

Best answers
Now I'm getting told that I never said what I thought was wrong and how I wanted it to be changed. Now did anyone even read my posts? lol for christ sake the worst statement I've seen in this thread. A typical dev popping up to the last post and complaining without reading my previous posts on what i wanted to have different.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you're talking to me yeah I didn't read your posts, they are all pretty much repetitive.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hey guys, remember that time we had an entire section to post complaints and suggestions about and for 1.3? Yeah, good times. Let's try to, you know, make 1.3 good and stop posting "Ur dumb1" followed by " no u". It's counter-productive.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually like how it is at the moment, I do have to get used to swooping now, but I personally like how it is.

The only thing I could say that needs improvement of all the things that work, is that the main swooping time should be longer, its just a tad short now.

Please forgive me if someone allready said so and a team member commented on it, I just didn't have time to read everything that was said here (and not really worth reading either).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't even read the whole thread. I just wanted to say that the internet is full of ungrateful people who all think they can make the game better than the people who made it. At the end of the discussion, the fact is, people are just bent because their old lame exploity tricks don't work. "The swoop isn't far enough make it like the old one" = "I can't bounce people off the ground or walls and do the roll exploit anymore, change it!"

The team has worked IMMENSELY hard on this mod. I think we should reserve judgment until we see a more final product. Without the melee system in it, who's to say what the gameplay is even like? That's like playing Counterstrike without any guns in it yet. That's 90% of the gameplay, melee fighting, so for all we know this could be the best game we've never played, honestly.

EDIT: I'm glad I didn't read all of this, I probably would have warned half of these posts for being spam.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Alienating and insulting the community doesn't exactly help solve problems, either.

I've *****ed for quite some time because I/we were always kept in the dark. None of us knew where the team was taking us, and we were supposed to just take their word for it. After 1.2, I was pissed off at the team.

But now, we're a part of the team. The line separating the players from the team has thinned out, and we're closer than we ever were before. We have access to ****loads of information that was previously unavailable to us, and you have no idea how grateful I am. Hell, I haven't even played 1.3 yet, and I'm still trying to think of suggestions for the game, because now I know my voice matters.

I realize a lot of people here are going about suggesting and complaining the wrong way, but that isn't a good reason to call the community names or to tell them to stop playing or stop posting. By doing that, you're making the line separating "Us" from "Them" more visibile, and that doesn't benefit anyone. I'm trying to be as polite as I can when dealing with both sides, and I hope you mother****ers can do the same o_O.

Mods and team: Stop telling people their opinions don't matter if you don't happen to agree with them. Don't tell them to stop playing the game, and to stop complaining about certain features unless they're really getting out of hand.

Community: If you're going to *****, ***** constructively. Explain why such and such feature is a pos and give an example of how YOU think it could be improve. It doesn't have to be the perfect idea. It just has to be something. I keep saying it, and I think people just read over it but "little hinges, big door". It's the small ideas that make the big ones possible. Stop criticizing the team, and start thinking of how to make the game better. ****, I can't ***** anymore because I've been given what I've always wanted: access to information. Sure, I can't access the information, but at least I know if I wasn't trying to wish 1.3 onto my pc, I could have it. I'm not going to stop trying to make 1.3 work, and neither should you.

Bottom line, stop working against each other. Join hands and all that bull****. We're all on the same team. I know this post is going to end up being taken the wrong way (WHO ARE YOU TO JUDGE ME?!), but I'm sure at least a handful of people will take it to heart and try to make a difference, now that we can.

~Gurbir~
🌈 Beta Tester
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
For everyone that doesnt think u cant glide/drift in OB1.3 you can sort of... But for it to be somewhat effective u need to build up a good bit of speed which isnt very hard in ob1.3. I m not gonna give away how to do it,even though I figured it out the very first day it came out :p, ill just say you need to be a bit innovative. The way I "invented"(not sure if anyone else has) to "drift/glide" in this version, it is possible anytime ie. dont have to wait til swoop ends.

My style from 1.2, I think has transferred fairly well into ob1.3 - I dont use chain swoops as matter of fact I dont use back, up, down or side swoops either. Only forward swoops. Btw I have nothing agianst chain Swoops.

Since I relied only on forward swoops, its allowed me to be innovative in a whole different way then someone who uses chain swoops. Thats one thing I really love about esf, there are seemingly unlimited amount things you can do, Just be creative.

There are aleast 4 ways to drift in ob1.3
1. Wait til Swoop ends and time it right.
2-4. Pretty are all the same. I think two of these maybe bugs/glitches. But 1, the one I use, I think will remain til the final version.
The 2 that I think are bugs/glitches yield slightly faster drifts.But since I think they are bugs/glitches, I see no point getting used to them.

The "sort of" part is, my "drift" is pretty short and wont carry u any great distance unless you tele a whole lot. But timed with teleport and swoops it can be effective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom