1.3 = Not what you expected?

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've spent almost 20 hours on some things Kama =/ (map models), I think we've done a bit more than 20 hours work >_o

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've spent almost 20 hours on some things Kama =/ (map models), I think we've done a bit more than 20 hours work >_o
Lol, you made the same mistake I did. He said 20 days of work, not 20 hours. Someone had to tell me that since I misread it.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
>_>... woops.... 20 days sounds about right.

im sorry Kama <3

🌠 Staff
Best answers
psh davy ist a newb =O,

and kama is right, im also payin my way through college and i do tend to enjoy hangin out with my friends occassionally too. Were not trolls who sit in a dark basement all day. I do have friends and I do have somewhat of a life. So we do a fair bit of work for the mod =p

Best answers
could u be more specific about what you dont like about the new swooping? a lot of players said that they couldnt' glide anymore which is a reason not to like it
Oh yeah, you're right, I did leave that out, didn't I? :D Well, besides that you can't drift anymore, you can't stop, then teleport, and dash again anymore. Really, that was a huge thing that was done in 1.2, but now, it's been taken out for 1.3. Honoestly, to me, the game doesn't even have a use for teleporting anymore, at least in 1.3. The only thing it's good for now is running away. Now, I do have one idea that might improve the stop and teleport thing like in 1.2...How about teleporting and dashing at the same time? Just think about that. You wouldn't have to stop and teleport anymore, and since 1.3 doesn't even have that, in my opinion, this solves that problem. Oh, and to make it balanced and fair, if you teleport while dashing, it takes some of that stamina away...So, you like that idea? I might go suggest if some of you guys like it.

Best answers
wasn't the point of 1.3 to totally be DIFFERENT from 1.2? meaning in gameplay.

i see alot of people getting mad because they used to be good on older versions, but suck ass now because they can't do what they did to be good.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Suck to be them? The melee is being redone later on, and this is (as you are already aware off) a beta version. They are not required to play the open beta. If they don't like it, or they suck ass, they should simply go play v1.2.x again.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
People were hoping for a new way to play basketball. They weren't expecting to have to play basketball with broken legs. The new swoop system feels like it's restricting the player, instead of giving more freedom of movement.

I understand the need to have a slow swoop and a fast swoop, but wouldn't it be better to just have a single swoop where you can control your speed? I don't know, bind acceleration and deceleration to your mouse scroller, press w, swoop forwards, and if you're trying to travel across the map, travel at a slower speed with lower ki usage and if you want to get to your opponent quickly when he's fairly close, accelerate like crazy at the expense of your ki and stamina. Letting go of w would stop the swoop, allowing people to drift again and would give people the freedom to move as they please.

Right now the system is telling you, "You aren't allowed to travel at highspeeds. Just no. However, if you want to get to that guy who's 15 feet away, feel free to travel at blazing speeds. You can only fight in this small box over here, because you're not allowed to move as quickly as you used to."

We're being forced into a boxing ring when we once had a baseball field. Just feels...cramped and weird. The knockback distance helps give us the illusion that we're covering a lot of distance, but we're really not.

Skyrider, I know you're protecting the team and all that bull****, but really, enough with the "Well, if they don't like it they can stop playing." Most people aren't good at coming up with suggestions, but the few people who are listen to the features that are *****ed about the most and try to find a way to make them work for everyone. People don't have to like the beta and they certainly don't have to stop testing.

Best answers
People were hoping for a new way to play basketball. They weren't expecting to have to play basketball with broken legs. The new swoop system feels like it's restricting the player, instead of giving more freedom of movement.

I understand the need to have a slow swoop and a fast swoop, but wouldn't it be better to just have a single swoop where you can control your speed? I don't know, bind acceleration and deceleration to your mouse scroller, press w, swoop forwards, and if you're trying to travel across the map, travel at a slower speed with lower ki usage and if you want to get to your opponent quickly when he's fairly close, accelerate like crazy at the expense of your ki and stamina. Letting go of w would stop the swoop, allowing people to drift again and would give people the freedom to move as they please.

Right now the system is telling you, "You aren't allowed to travel at highspeeds. Just no. However, if you want to get to that guy who's 15 feet away, feel free to travel at blazing speeds. You can only fight in this small box over here, because you're not allowed to move as quickly as you used to."

We're being forced into a boxing ring when we once had a baseball field. Just feels...cramped and weird. The knockback distance helps give us the illusion that we're covering a lot of distance, but we're really not.

Skyrider, I know you're protecting the team and all that bull****, but really, enough with the "Well, if they don't like it they can stop playing." Most people aren't good at coming up with suggestions, but the few people who are listen to the features that are *****ed about the most and try to find a way to make them work for everyone. People don't have to like the beta and they certainly don't have to stop testing.

acceleration sounds very interesting.

Best answers
wasn't the point of 1.3 to totally be DIFFERENT from 1.2? meaning in gameplay.
Actually, it wasn't. The point was to upgrade it from the last version, as in, make the gameplay better, not make it completely different, and if anything, make it worse.

jblaze101 said:
i see alot of people getting mad because they used to be good on older versions, but suck ass now because they can't do what they did to be good.
That's not it dip ****...It's because we don't think it's fun...Just think about this. Don't you like to stop, when you want to stop, not when the system tells you to stop? All they did was the make the game into an even larger button mashing game. All you can do is chain your swoops left and right to attack someone. There is almost no point of teleporting anymore. That's one main reason why I don't like it. If anything, they just made it better for the people who sucked balls at the previous versions. I really don't care if I'm good at a game. I play a game to have fun, not to be told how I can and can't play it. Look, I know it's a beta version, but honoestly, you think it's going to get better than this? There is almost no freedom in the game. That's like trying to have fun in jail...You basically can't...

Suck to be them? The melee is being redone later on, and this is (as you are already aware off) a beta version. They are not required to play the open beta. If they don't like it, or they suck ass, they should simply go play v1.2.x again.
Ok man, I'm really sick and tired of hearing this "It's a beta," or "The melee is getting changed," bull****. Why don't you let us say what the **** we want to say, or give our opinions on it? You're acting as if I'm criticizing the team, because I don't like beta 1.3. Stop making excuses for why I think it sucks. It's my opinion, and you can't change that. When the melee system changes, and turns out to be fun as hell, you can stick in my ****ing face, but until then, don't ***** about what I think. That's why it's an opinion. I'm not trying to say it's a fact that this game does/is gonna suck, so get a grip buddy.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, it wasn't. The point was to upgrade it from the last version, as in, make the gameplay better, not make it completely different, and if anything, make it worse.
No the point was to make it different... Hence why we are basically remaking everything into something new. New Swoop, new PS system, New Melee, New stamina, New Models, New Animations, New Tits, you name it. So yeah, unless you're a dev, let's not talk ignorant **** about what the game is being made into k? Awesome.

If anything, they just made it better for the people who sucked balls at the previous versions.
Hey! You know what an Open Beta is? Well see it's this awesome thing where people can play a game, here's the important part, still being developed. Honestly, are you that dense? Would you eat a seed and say "Man this Watermelon tastes like ****." No, and why? Because it's still being developed.

Please wait until the game is done, or at least close to being done, before you start whining because you can't handle the new system.

Stop making excuses for why I think it sucks. It's my opinion, and you can't change that.
We'll stop making excuses when you start making suggestions. Deal? Awesome.

Swear Words
1) dip ****
2) bull****
3) ****
4) ****ing face
5) ***** about
Then after all the ranting, swearing and flying off the handle you end your post with a simple
so get a grip buddy.
If I may? BIG LAWL!

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's a difference between attacking us and helping yourselves. You're not helping yourselves with the "**** you, change this" attitude. If you want to have some say, put it in suggestions, don't use harsh language and attacks to further your opinion. Tell us exactly why things dont work, exactly why you think things should be changed, it's really not that hard to say "swoop takes too long to activate to become a valid part of the gameplay, dash renders teleport useless", constructive, well thought out posts are going to prove much more useful than expressing your angst against where we've gone with the game.

Like when I get crits on my art, It's a bit annoying when somebody says "ugh that looks wack" somebody tells me whats wrong and why, I'll welcome it because it's beneficial.

Saying this, I don't agree with the people telling you to not say these things, we should be encouraging criticism, it is after-all why we made it open beta.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
<3 daveh

i've been tryin to tell everyone to do that >_<

🌠 Staff
Best answers
I think Kama and Davy have said it all pretty much. your not gonna get anywhere with us if your swearing like *****es at us and not openly suggesting what we should be doing to make the game better. If anything thats gonna make us not want to listen to you at all.

Were trying to be understanding and listening to what you all have to say, but for the most part half of these threads ive been reading are all basically whats been said here. "**** this, I dont like this way", or random people chiming in with what Mccdbz5 had said

Originally Posted by Mccdbz5
we knew the open beta was gonna get us alot of ****, but i didnt realize the lack of suggestions people are making in comparrison. My word of advice to you all is POLITELY SUGGEST what should be changed, what you think would work better, and maybe we will give more positive responses to it.

anyways thats my 2 cents.

oh, and Kama I love your replies <3

Best answers
This is how the devs always are in this game. "Tell us what is wrong with the game and what changes you want, so you can help us make the game great! <3"

But yet whenever someone tells you what they wish to have changed you do nothing but freak out. Seriously you are the ones with the attitude problem here. When the players tell you what they don?t like they are flamed, now wouldn't that make them angry? To me it would. Mccdbz5 and Zeonix has said what they don?t enjoy, just like everyone else. But when they do Skyrider the holy knight protecting the team and forum bumps in with lame useless comments that should give a warning right away. But of course that's only if he wasnt the pet of the team :)

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"Tell us what is wrong with the game and what changes you want, so you can help us make the game great! <3"
That part is actually true.

You go into a tailor shop with some pants. You throw them on the table and say "Fix them, I don't like them!" than leave.

How the heck is he supposed to know what you want changed?

As for your comment on the suggestions not being worked through. Yea they are.

The way the new scouter works, the temporary lock on were originally suggestions.

The Pumping PS was also a suggestion. Most of the stuff were originally suggestions made by the members of this forum.

Discord Member
Best answers
Uhm i know this is totaly offtopic but........erm how does the scouter lock on work???:p

Best answers
Grega that doesn't change the fact that we get dissed whenever we say what we don't like.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's because this Open Beta isn't just for kicks.

It's to help develop the game.

It's not like some Budokai game where, when it's finished and in your PS2, you can go and whine about how this or that sucks.

This is a serious endeavor, and that's why there are such reactions.
The team expects serious suggestions, and everything else is a waste of time. Just complaining doesn't help develop the game, and cussing at the team doesn't either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom