ZEQ2 Lite

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That game was ruined because of the fan base. All they did was steal models and claim them as their own.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enough of that Deathshot. No blows against the communities or others games. we dont want another incident like the one with the warcraft3 mod.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
to be fair, the warcraft 3 mod kind of asked for it

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
how can you tell you like esf 1.3 combat system?

I never played it. so i do not know.
Sure it looks nice but so does every dbz game out there.

it's probably going to be great but only the devs can tel though :p

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Enough of that Deathshot. No blows against the communities or others games. we dont want another incident like the one with the warcraft3 mod.

Let alone, I really didn't say much that isn't said about other games around here. It's a simple opinion of my own. They shouldn't take it to heart.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never much cared for the gameplay,they need to rethink their approach.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
I don't really think so. Most of the characters aren't done, so it'll take a long time like 2 years... :(
I am 93% sure we will have the game in 2013 :) And I can see us getting the game in Q2 of 2013 :) Small chance for Q1, but still a chance. But that's just my opinion!

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I am just wondering , why does my game block when it gets to awaiting sponsor , something like that.
And how can i transform? xD

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I didn't like needing to be eternally locked on to fight, or the ridiculous auto-aim that it gives you.

I first played it a year ago, and was immediately hunted down by the same dude for 20 minutes. He never ran out of ki, never stopped flying at me, just sat there and swooped until he finally hit me down and killed me with a single beam. No skill, no talent, just another "hey I hit you first so I win" game.

The graphics were cool, though. Coulda been a decent game. Sadly, like Dragonball: Source, it's a great base being dictated by people who really just don't know how to go about it.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Yea guys, they were only stealing other people's hard work. Let's just let that slide, it's no big deal, right?

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Zeq2 was interesting, but I found it to be ultimately disappointing. The great visuals are simply neutered by the over-simplified combat. Locking on doesn't feel natural ingame, not to mention the only melee option is only available when locked on. Perhaps if the gameplay had more depth added to it, then maybe I'd enjoy it more.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Zeq2 was interesting, but I found it to be ultimately disappointing. The great visuals are simply neutered by the over-simplified combat. Locking on doesn't feel natural ingame, not to mention the only melee option is only available when locked on. Perhaps if the gameplay had more depth added to it, then maybe I'd enjoy it more.
I'd actually love ESF Final if it had a lock system. D:

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just dont expect the ESF lockon system to help you aim or anything like that. Its a marker and nothing more.

Proud owner of ESF:Final
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
you know zeq2 lite has much to offer

but what i hate there is the useless addon makers its like they spam addons everyday

for me F3 is just a pack with re edited textures anyone can do that

my favourite addon pack there was AF mod from a guy called Joshy he was the only one tough who made a great addon pack with non existent characters

luckly there is the unity project going one who has way much to offer then you guys would expect and i speak from experience

Last edited:
Proud YouTuber
✔️ HL Verified
Discord Member
Best answers
Are the controls complicated or i'm just used to ESF? Because last time i played i had to press two buttons to charge. D=

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I'm a few weeks late, but I thought I should clarify some things since a good majority of you seem to be misunderstanding the distinctions between the projects (even though Grega explained) as well as the INTENTIONS of ZEQ2-lite versus your basis of comparison -- games. I will be as thorough as possible.

It's just model-pack. In game like this, every code-wise addition is valuable because at the moment zeq2lite is not so developed.
While this is absolutely true from the standpoint of developing the project into a functional game, a lot of these addons (beyond the ones that are just gathered collections) help to establish and push quality standards for other addon developers as well as serve (more importantly) as lessons/stepping stones for the creator to improve himself/herself. As I know you are aware (but perhaps not others), ZEQ2-lite was created with the mindset of a highly configurable, albeit unfinished, design specifically so that the community could pick into the pieces and learn various aspects of game development. The entire mentality was influenced from our own beginnings in Bid For Power and its likewise flexible setup. Essentially, this was our way of paying that forward.

I didn't know about F3 though, however those models look highly stolen from various games. Because the development has been fast and they are of high quality.
Most of the models in the pack at question are tweaks or reworks from existing ZEQ2-lite standard models or other addon developers. Fast development does not equate to stolen work when you reuse mesh/texture portions -- as is typically done. For what reason would you imagine they were stolen and by what precedence are you assuming this was a fast development process?

Isn't ZEQ dead?
ZEQ as in the BFP mod? That hasn't been in development since 2001.

That reminds me i have not been on their forums ever since my old computer went to the fritz. (ironically that was just a day after i joined their IRC channel ^^; )
Ahh. This explains a lot, Grega. Hope to see you wandering back (to both IRC and the forums) sometime.

I don't play Esforces anymore, the graphics are too crappy and the team isn't going to release a patch for the bot problem in Open Beta Final. :(
Graphics are hardly everything. Without intuitive controls, learning curves steepen. Without a diverse mechanical design of gameplay, replay stagnates. Without goals/objectives, the experience become entirely emergent.

Last year when I was looking through dbz mods I came across Zeq and a shit load of other ones; I tried it out and I HHATTEDD it. It was way too clunky for me I honestly think bid for power is more fun to play. Which is a shame because aesthetically I can appreciate the game, it's very beautiful it's just that the gameplay doesn't flow well.

Currently ESF 1.2.3. is the best DBZ mod out, imo of course. The reason I say this is of course NOT because of graphics but because of the technicality of the game.
Any constructive breakdown should be merited, but the problem with this kind of comparison is that you are treating ZEQ2-lite as an actual game. It is not. There is no scoring system, directions for winning/losing, or any obtainable goals of any kind. It's just a sandbox for DBZ fans to experiment with -- learning fundamentals of game modification. Most of the systems in place for melee, skill interaction, movement types, camera modes, etc. were all put in as temporarily placeholders for the community to expand upon. Since several were written over the course of a single weekend to give brief nod towards possible directions for the user-base to extend, not a single one of them was ever intended to be considered usable as is.

ZEQ2 Lite is still being worked on? Lame.
That game was ruined because of the fan base. All they did was steal models and claim them as their own.
Clarify. How could it be ruined by the fan-base when that was the ENTIRE purpose the project was ESTABLISHED? There were some issues early on with commercial game rips being used, but practically every project with a modicum of modification ability runs through similar complications. Despite re-usage principles still at play (legal ones), there remains a good portion of creators that do their work from scratch.

I never much cared for the gameplay,they need to rethink their approach.
Who is they? While ZEQ2 differs in that department, there's never been an organized central development team on ZEQ2-lite. It's always been entirely open-source and community-driven. Also, please provide a comprehensive listing of directions you feel gameplay is faulted and should be directed so that in-depth design discussion can take place.

I didn't like needing to be eternally locked on to fight, or the ridiculous auto-aim that it gives you.
The hard lockon was designated for a multitude of reasons -- one being that DBZ characters don't aim badly. More often than not, the opponent dodges, blocks, or counters in some manner. Since the intention was never be just another deathmatch shooter, the concept of having aiming skills quickly became superseded by the desire to offer tactical counter-options (as the series did) instead.

I first played it a year ago, and was immediately hunted down by the same dude for 20 minutes. He never ran out of ki, never stopped flying at me, just sat there and swooped until he finally hit me down and killed me with a single beam. No skill, no talent, just another "hey I hit you first so I win" game.
Again, ZEQ2-lite was not designed to be played in a competitive or game-suggestive environment due to the intentionally unfinished systems. What likely happened was that you joined a server where someone had been there a large amount of time and was in the hundreds of millions in terms of power level. You were a measly 1000 and easily succumbed to nothing more than a numbers game. I'm not saying there weren't tactical options for you despite all of this, but you have to actually to be aware of what your capabilities are and how to manipulate the temporary systems at play to your advantage. I'm not sure what 'swooping' is though, so I cannot really comment about that aspect.

Sadly, like Dragonball: Source, it's a great base being dictated by people who really just don't know how to go about it.
That's a rather brazen assumption. I highly encourage you to investigate ZEQ2 and ZEQ2-lite's project intentions/ambitions as well as the capability and history of the developers involved.

It's very interesting that you say this. A lot of people have complained the exact opposite that the core was TOO complex and involved. In what way does lockon not feel natural? Are you certain you are not simply making comparisons directly to another project where preferences of control/action ly? As for melee being limited to lock on, do you feel that your character should be able to blindly throw punches/kicks into the air with absolutely no one around or hope of hitting a target? Again, the foundation is not about pitch-perfect aiming as much as understanding the state that you and your opponent are in -- that is, comprehending what tactic to employ based on the scenario at play.

Are the controls complicated or i'm just used to ESF? Because last time i played i had to press two buttons to charge. D=
There are more player states and auxiliary actions possible, thus yes, there are more context and modifier keys by comparison. It's not simply a matter of "charging" as you are used to in common DBZ environments. Rather than this, the player is provided the option to suppress and raise his/her power level with distinctive strategic applications paralleling series' encounters.

Last edited:
The only Russian ESF fan
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Your avatar explains this huge post xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom