ZEQ II Lite

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
Yeah, ESF is da best :D ESF totaly owns Tenkaichi. But im looking forward to play ZEQ2 Lite too ^_^

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree. I've played all of the console DBZ games and while fun, they burn out fast and are just cinematic, their gameplay isn't that great.

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
How disconcerting. Does anyone read the thread's contents before posting? A little bit of perception can go a long way.

ZEQ2 Lite is not some start-up modification by a rag-tag fleet of amateur developers wanting to make a "sweet DBZ game". In present state, it's the culmination of years of development (from late 2004 till early 2006) of which eventually lead to a full blown NPR research collaberation. It's derived from a DBZ project for Quake 3 that was in a releasable state YEARS ago even. Look around. The creators of this thread and those voicing it's validity ARE actual ESF developers that physically have a copy of the build.

This is not some grand revival. We've simply taken an old gem from our closet that was subsidized by a newer agenda, blew off the dust, and are preparing it for some kind of public interaction. As I keep explaining in varying posts (which do not seem to get read by responders), this is not a new mod, and not a resurgence of a mod that "died" (as previously covered).

There's little need for wishing luck for the road ahead as the project was and is STILL in a complete state. It's releasable (and has been) as well as playable this very moment. We refrain simply for suplimental and polishing aspects.

As a closing note, I'd like to point out a big reminder that ZEQ2 Lite is NOT ZEQ2.

Best answers
I understand from word to word of what you are saying zeth and i will mention again you have my support n_n, im very excited to see the outcome of this, also big ups to the zeq dev team and so on for all the hard work and what not.

zeq2lite is not zeq2? what does that mean? it will be missing features or something? hopefully it will be better? i really love the flight minauver thing. flying upside down and stuff looooks soo good,opens huge posibilities

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
zeq2lite is not zeq2? what does that mean? it will be missing features or something? hopefully it will be better? i really love the flight minauver thing. flying upside down and stuff looooks soo good,opens huge posibilities
http://forum.esforces.com/showpost.php?p=934001&postcount=17

Second part of my post that was made earlier in this thread. ZEQ2 Lite is the old Quake 3 build from years ago with assorted tweaks.
Since the ZEQ2 project changed to a pure accuracy/research focus and later to another engine, all information and most media on the site is not relevant to "lite" version of the project.

Last edited:
Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ZEQ2 Lite is not some start-up modification by a rag-tag fleet of amateur developers wanting to make a "sweet DBZ game".

I realy don't like it how you put it there , ESF team started out as a amateur developers it's verry offensive to other dbz developers as well

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No, no, most DBZ mod teams are started by a kid who has no idea what goes into making a mod or what he's in for. Oftentimes they want others to do all of the work.

Go check ModDB, there are probably hundreds of DBZ mods that have started and failed without producing a single piece of content.

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Sub pretty much hit the nail on the head with the direction of my statements. I was simply making a retort to the overall "flavor" the thread seemed to be drifting in by explaining the differences between a collection of vague ideas among an inexperienced individual/group and one that has a proper planning/growth strategies via extended research & study (not to mention with ambitious studio/company agendas).

Naturally, I realize we all start at the bottom and climb our way up. The statement I made was only logically interpretable as condescending if one had initially made cliche (albeit semi-justifiably historic) categorizations in the first place PRIOR to previous investigation.

Last edited:
Best answers
will zeq2lite contain any features that "zeq2" did? or atleast any such as the flight maneuver? where the player can fly in any degree or so

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
will zeq2lite contain any features that "zeq2" did? or atleast any such as the flight maneuver? where the player can fly in any degree or so
Yes. Already implemented as well.

I *cough* urge more of you to visit and/or idle in IRC for additional information (among other things).

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
(irc.freenode.net #zeq2)

You're welcome, Brad. <3

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Appreciate that, Damaera, but it was actually listed a page or so ago in a post.

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Oops, I totally missed that. :(

✔️ HL Verified
🍂 Regular
Best answers
I'm was skeptical about this modification coming "back".

Though, after reading the posts of Zeth, especialy the statement that the game is already or near completion and is playable but needs minor tweaking and some polishing, I'm ready to 'hold my breath'.

So yeah, it's insipiring that there are ESF developers involved into the production of the mod, it makes me belive that mistakes that happenned in ESF won't be repeated in ZEQ2 : Lite and all the good things that the team learned will come into play while building this mod.

Best of luck guys and take it slowly! Just... not to slowly. :D

🎈 Advanced
Best answers
I'm was skeptical about this modification coming "back".
Something can not come back if it has not left.

it's insipiring that there are ESF developers involved into the production of the mod
Random ESF (and other mod) developers just happen to be testing ZEQ2-lite. They are not part of the production in any way.

Best of luck guys and take it slowly! Just... not to slowly.
Same goes for google as well, right? I cannot wait until they finish creating a search engine!

ZEQ2-lite is essentially (more or less) complete (mostly), as well as (partially, but not extensively) (almost) indirectly (somewhat) publicly (to a point) available -- if you know how to read between the lines, of course.

Best answers
Here's a WIP video mainly showing the current melee system in place (pure offense anyway) which is due for some slight changes.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x95sAvaUgIw&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

Is that real enough for you doubters? :p

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Looks good to me. Anyway in that fast melee, I can't see animated moves. Characters just changes their position in like 0.001 sec. And the aura sucks, LOL.

Best answers
Hey, you have a great stuff in there!
great melee! :)

Success

btw, now ESF have something to worry about! :p

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And after seeing that, I'm sorry I doubted. You do have to be skeptical of everything you read online though, it's easy to lie about stuff like this, especially considering how many dbz projects start up and die without so much as a word on progress.

Anyways, judging from that video, the project looks pretty awesome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom