You know what I miss? (LID POSTED HERE)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said, unprovoked trolling and flaming by noobs. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to take the bait. I'm ending your little hating spree on me right here, and we're gonna get the thread back on track before a mod decides to get angry. If you wanna keep hating on me, I'd be more than happy to stop you cold in your tracks via a PM. But not here, m'kay sweet pea?

Edit: Oh and I just feel the need to answer this one little thing, even though the reason behind it is quite obvious:

Yeah, that's because he wasn't banned then. It's kinda hard to flame someone who isn't here to be offended by it.
Oh don't worry, you're just not worth my pm space ^^

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Like I said, unprovoked trolling and flaming by noobs. :rolleyes:

I'm not going to take the bait. I'm ending your little hating spree on me right here, and we're gonna get the thread back on track before a mod decides to get angry. If you wanna keep hating on me, I'd be more than happy to stop you cold in your tracks via a PM. But not here, m'kay sweet pea?

Edit: Oh and I just feel the need to answer this one little thing, even though the reason behind it is quite obvious:

Yeah, that's because he wasn't banned then. It's kinda hard to flame someone who isn't here to be offended by it.

Rofl see man theres an example already, ffs.

GTFO

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Srsly, what's up with the whole Zeonix vs. Spunky thing? It seems like an immature exchange of insults to me. Only this time Zeo's transmitting it thru Lion. Well just great.

Yeah, I also miss the times when **** like this didn't happen.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, I also miss the times when **** like this didn't happen.
There was a time like that before?

I miss fighting against clans. While I never joined one myself, I always got a thrill with fighting against one.

Heck, I miss the glory days of ESF. So many servers to pick from, so many people to play against, new forum members popping up everyday, etcetera. It just seems now that the community just consists of members who've been around for a while, along with a few new and junior members.

Oh well, I guess it's to be expected. Half-Life modifications are slowly going out of style and many modification communities are shrinking.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
There was a time like that before?

I miss fighting against clans. While I never joined one myself, I always got a thrill with fighting against one.

Heck, I miss the glory days of ESF. So many servers to pick from, so many people to play against, new forum members popping up everyday, etcetera. It just seems now that the community just consists of members who've been around for a while, along with a few new and junior members.

Oh well, I guess it's to be expected. Half-Life modifications are slowly going out of style and many modification communities are shrinking.
Sadly that's to be expected. Half-life, although a fantastic game, it's dying. And because of it's age, it's not as popular, or well known. So it's no suprise the mods die with it.

Now, I already know that they won't do it, so no one jump down my throat. But if the team did transfer to a new, more popular game, I bet esf would get more popular, and have a larger community.

Then again, it being a DBZ game could also be apart of it.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If they brought the game to a new engine, kept the same basic gameplay and changed the setting so that it's no longer dbz, that'd be pure win. I could imagine it now:

"ESF: The adventures of Zeonix Source"
There would be random, generic characters and then there would be a character called Zeonix. Zeonix would be unkillable and would have an attack which instantaneously kills everyone on the server.

Think about it, ESF team.

Best answers
well, i miss playing with good esf players. when i get pwned really badly. it was great for training.

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I certainly don't miss the scuffling that's going on a few posts above (and back) in this thread.

Yes, people are allowed to miss someone who was banned. At the same time, there can be people who are not sorry to see someone go. If either stance bugs anyone, then that's really just too bad. Get over yourselves and move on.

If I see one more post involving the unnecessary provocation of someone else based on the above issue (read: any provocation whatsoever), then the poster will have blown the thread for everyone else. If the poster who breaks this mandate is one of the people who was propagating this unnecessary exchange of gibes, then he will have the added bonus of taking a sabbatical to visit the other banned members of the community.

No more nonsense. If you have your qualms with someone else in this community, that's fine. Don't screw things up for the other members by carrying out tight-fisted tantrums here.

End of story.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
I can tell you what I don't miss.

All of you ass****s.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I miss everything, we had an awesome game and community.

Then the ****ing euro noob spam.

**** I hate euro noobs, get the **** off my forums.

JK

but seriously gtfo.
Dude, not all of us are noobs, really.
Dunno what you think about me, but there are other members like Grega, Prozac and many others. ESF forums, prepare for the dutch invasion

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I resent your statement wheres_warren, only 95% of us are noobs with no respect, honor or skill.

On another topic, sanity is overrated.

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Bet no one will miss me when I'm away :p.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
DISCLAIMER: This post is NOT in bad taste, I am a vulgar person by nature, I am not trying to offend anyone, I'm reminiscing my time in this community from MY point of view, if you get offended, die.
Chronological order is not dead on, but fairly accurate...the first part of this is random stuff...then later a narrative...

Yea, Pain banned 90% of the active community, I miss most of them, then he ragequit.

I miss....

being on IRC and ripping on that tool Nretep with Prozac and Suicidal_Maniac

Tux

How Jaredster got banned on IRC from phobius when he was an IRCop, Masta unbanned jaredster, but phobius had none of it and kept him out for no reason, was hilarious seeing that.

#outcasts (the days...proz, ghostfacekillah, Light_Scream...when we'd tool on everyone from there, one subject was ripping on groovy for sucking wang)

when me and deman reigned with our wayne and garth sigs

Deman - Miroku - ChannelForThePa

The Beta 1 forum

Zeonix

back before the community had a stick up its ass and cried about any small post they disagreed with (people posting videos, wanting criticism...then crying when it wasn't the criticism they wanted)

S-bolt--'s models (his debut model...the ss2 gohan put him on the map back in the day ;p )

when nuttzy would model

when Hsu was the mod you did NOT want replying in your thread

Cucumba's frequent signature changes

Cheeseumba

Lid - the funniest mother****er ever to grace this place with his presence, broke my heart when he said he was leaving for good on IRC, going on to university or something and focusing 100% on studies...wherever you are Lid...I miss you =(

Gonadz...was hilarious he used to suck up to VB because she was a girl...a scary one...

add - he was awesome, but then he would cyber with some fat chic on IRC (vampireprincess) and defend her constantly, EVERYONE kissed her ass because she was a girl, and she got !addpeon'd because she made deverz horny one time or something. add will to this day (if you ever talk to him again) deny he had nothing to do with her...however her xanga blog was frequently updated with their antics...oh man...

At this point, if you're still reading, I'm going to narrate my experience from when I joined the forum to the best of my ability, I'm sorry, just all this reminiscing got the memories flowing, hah.

I joined the forum originally after I downloaded beta 1.0 when I was 14, thought it was the ****, and joined the forum because the clan I was in was having a tournament and were congregating here. Eventually I got bored, after the clan got all stupid and stuff, and my friend (Glenn) at the time was like

"dude if you get 50 posts you get your own avatar"

omg **** yea avatar, I was gonna have Magus' face, it would be awesome.
The race was on, I was actually posting relevant responses (although I revived a few month old threads, Hsu got a lil pissed)
Glenn however, was posting for the hell of it, and almost got banned, the administration reset his posts instead, he was kinda pissed. time went on, the community was (IMO) at its prime, post b1.0, the community was huge, the models section flourished, redsaiyan was THE SITE to go to, we had modellers such as S-bolt--, fatmanterror, Smo, AzN (the famous Gohan model, anyone?)NeD, Shijing the "sound pack guy" originally, then he became a skin editor...and an animator...he became one of the most memorable all time project supervisor, he was the frontman of ALL the big projects (the link model, the sonic model, HUGE projects that the community was all over)

it was at that time I flamed someone, and Majin_You made the legendary post.

"Watch that flame Magus. Next time, it's official."

at that moment I was enthralled. I wanted to be a moderator. So I started helping in the help sections, hanging out on IRC, steering derailed threads back on topic (I didn't kiss anyone's ass either, which is great.) and on April 21, 2003 (ok, I have a horrible short term memory, but my long term memory is ****ing amazing) I get a PM titled "Mod Matrix" from cucumba.

"You hear a knock on the door, you open it to see a fed ex package. You hear a sound inside. It's a phone, it's ringing...
Red Pill or Blue Pill, but remember, once you take one you can't go back..."
I was the moderator of Models/Skins and Artwork after only 3.5 months of being here. Badass.

Now, the reason I was recruited because at the time, a certain Skin editor known as Th3Pr0f3ssion4l or some **** was around, and had stirred the pot in modelling, calling people out on rips, constantly, people such as Skinnerfool, Dan (aka ulra33ss3goku or something) ripped models CONSTANTLY and claimed it as their own, Th3Pr0 called people out on it, and models/skins was the cluster**** of the forum, everyone brought their baggage there. I was brought for my awesome social skills on the internets (I was happy, I was 14, and pissing off 18-19 year olds with internet justice) S-Bolt-- was brought with me, he could call the rips really good since he was a [skilled] modeller himself...this later became his downfall as years later he called injustice when Dan ripped smo's model and smo went ape**** and acted like a 3 year old on the forum, bolteh defended him, bickered with the staff, and got fired by Cucumba.

Th3 Pr0 had a "Pr0 Squad" which I joined because he made me a sig, and I couldn't make sigs, so I thought why not, sure what the hey, I get a sig. the guy who couldn't model for ****...ultra33 made the "ultra squad" in response...he still ripped models. The whole issue later died out. Time passed on..

I later made a ****ty fanfic, it was poorly written, but the fun thing was, EVERYONE of the regulars on IRC were involved in it, and surprisingly badgered me for updates, it was fun, I tried to make a sequel, but it sucked and I quit, the fanfic; I suppose people thought it was funny, aside from the horrible grammar errors (**** I was 14-15 at the time) it was a fun project.

I then became a super moderator, I was promoted at the same time of Evil_Trunks, it was badass, I was one of the more active mods, I was more or less the new Hsu, (him and Majin_You were also made admins at the time) except I was less of a scary hardass.

I later made many friends, Optimus Prime, Synth, Arthos, Scruffie, Kurt. I later convinced the staff to make these homeboys moderators, you guys actually won't believe how close kurt was to becoming a mod at one point, but he later turned into a bad apple with the whole minion thing. My opinion was heralded, because I'm awesome. If I can quote Cucumba in the past, we tried to make MinesSkylineR34 a moderator and he said "He's too young, not quite Magus caliber" because I was the youngest forum staffer at the moment , hah.

me, lee, and opty, and kurt used to skype regularly and plan out elaborate, funny pranks to pull on this community (these were the real conspiracies, not the fake zeonix conspiracies that supposedly happened) I guess its a good time to come clean... bennytahlia.ytmnd.com (big inside joke, those who know about this...basically if you posted it in IRC you were banned) was a plan years back that was made just for fun, but Opty, myself, and Lee TO THIS DAY do not know how it found its way to this community, it was just a laugh for the 3 of us (kurt wasn't a part of that one). How it found its way to ESF is still a mystery... also: deverzfailz.ytmnd.com
Yes, we even used the name SaiyanOverlord JUST IN CASE someone found it, because at the time Overlord was posting like a 12 year old and was an easy scapegoat...and someone made it public...and posted it in ESF....bastards.

grOOvy invited me to start beta testing: I was invited to become a beta tester at the very early stages of 1.2, I was accepted in tandem with Halorin, those were fun days, Halorin had a LOT of good ideas (especially since he was one of the few ACTIVE ESF players who were beta testers, very few testers actively played the current version of ESF, therefore the insight to the hardcore community was blind) him and joe disagreed on ALOT of things however, two different directions, I can safely bet, if a few more of halorin's ideas were in 1.2, it would've been more widely revered and alot faster paced (not knocking joe, just saying the community wouldn't have *****ed so much about 1.2)

then I got promoted to head tester, that was fun, I got to work with the team directly the best I could...sadly money became tight and I was working 3 jobs at the time and had to retire, I Still appreciate the team letting me along for the ride (even though they let past retirees keep their access to their hideout...and not me...bastards...I knew they hated me...I'll have my revenge on thee!!!!!111)

Then there was Pain...I miss Pain...The real Pain. He was an awesome guy who I talked with alot, I tried ****ing hard to convince the team to let him be the PR guy, and it worked...then he became an administrator...solely for force pit stuff...however power got to his head and he turned the forum into a police state, and he himself turned into an asshat, me and him got into a few squabbles because he was a hardass moderator, and I tried to be lax (because a lax but firm moderation = A GOOD COMMUNITY WHO DOESNT HATE THE MODS) he had a disagreement, flipped his ***** switch, and blew stuff out of context, and later bailed. I really miss the original pain though, heh.

I really miss when off topic was lively, before the stupid subsections were put in (fight club was understandable, at the time it was HARD to differentiate the fight club threads and the rest of off topic) Anime, Games, and tech problems MADE off topic, ever since then off topic is just "new nasa thing" "do insert situation to the user above you" bull****. we can all thank grOOvy for this parting gift before he took off =P This was in my opinion, the start of when things started to go downhill, not that this was the cause, this was just around that time.

Election 2004 came in, people started talking politics because that's a fad, if you said anything bad in IRC about Bush synth would ****ING GO OFF and preach fox news to you, it was scary, but funny, because Lid and Ecchi_Pr0n/Nameless_Spectre would rip on him, he'd quit, and the next day people acted like nothing happened. (FYI I <3 Synth, I think he has Multiple personalities though, he's scary)

E3 2005, the announcement of the 7th (our current) generation consoles, the video game section was busting with information, fanboys and all that stuff, this was when Pride had some hardcore opinions about his boys at Sony (ironic he's a 360 humper at the end) console fanboys vs SaiyanPrideXIX was the game of the time, Pride would hardcore bash nintendo, some posts were even in horrible taste (he wasn't the only one, him and Alea were the moderators that had strong opinions) me and Pride got into a squabble after he insulted nintendo fans ("What's wrong with you nintendo fans, is the forum not colorful enough?!) I told him to shut his ass, he made a novel of a [public] post to retort to me, talking about how I was an immature 17 year old (his AIM away message even had something to do with it) and all this stuff, cuc asked him on IRC, arguments ensued....then the moderators were discussing the situation in our secret area..Pride was convinced this was all because I liked nintendo...when all in all I was just a little pissed that he was pissed at the other users pissing him off (follow me?). I probably just posted the wrong thing on a bad day or something. the matter eventually spun out of control, this was the start of the First Moderator Civil War, however, the matter has since been resolved and I'm real cool with Pride, dunno what he thinks of me though but I assume its good.

then all was quiet ...a few fun times with us mods as we had some more stupid internet drama (smith and at times would have pissing matches with other members or with other mods, smith ragequit and later returned, I believe)

Minion - Oh, minion...Kurt was a great guy, real cool (Ubercracker, anyone?) Me, Hsu, Kurt, Pain, SSChris, Kaination, Light-Scream and many others would play Sven Co-op (it started off with Me, Kurt, Hsu, Prozac) the resident evil map...****ing fun times, everytime the script where the text says "Is that...BLOOD?!" Me and kurt typed in chat

OMG
BLOOD
O_O
...fun times..prozac blocked me and got me killed.. I raged over vent and called prozzie a ****ing *******...loved it..

we then started playing the minigame...the crew of the game...
Kurt
Magus
Prozac
Hsu
SSChris
Valkyrie_Alpha
Awol095
and a cameo by Hibiki

I made a ghostbusters music video about it, it was awesome.

anyways...back to the forums...

Cucumba had a cute kid, then retired, we missed him, Maj had his old seat, but was busy as **** because he's ****ing smart and actually studies for his tests (yes people do this, I hear it helps), so he wasn't as active as cuc
Cuc came out of retirement to help calm the flames of the First Moderator Civil War

moderation started loosening up a bit, people were given extra chances depending on the severity of their infractions, I started likign the place more, people could now argue (to an extent) and ***** at each other, and we could all see the hilarity in people arguing over stupid ****, and getting pissed, instead of crying to moderators IMMEDIATELY, or moderators banning people, and having vendettas against people they argued with, it was getting fun!

Then...it happened...
Zeonix started getting attention from the mods, he was becoming a real assface supposedly, he got banned a few times for being a cack, came back, and was "permanently banned" however he prevented the beta from being leaked at one point, so he was let back because he's a badass. This did not please many people of the userbase, the team, or the moderators...which would start peril of the time to come...

Zeonix had a crew, the ZR people, they were hilarious, and pissed 12 year olds (or people who had minds of 12 year olds) off because they didn't realize how stupid they were. as funny as it was, I myself as a moderator had to do my job which I was hired for, I had to calm the flames (along with the rest of the active mods...however the number was dwindling to people who actually moderated...and people who just chatted)

People wanted Zeonix gone, people thought he was the Jesus of the forum, putting us in a new direction of a community, he was the answer, he was Christ...or so half of us thought, and as any religious conflict with another side that thinks otherwise...religion leads to violence, thus began The Second Moderator Civil War

Once again, the moderators were at each others throats over a simple disagreement, this time the numbers on both sides were brutal, ****ing brutal. Instead of a select few VS Pride like last time, the entire staff was split on the issue of whether to ****can zeonix or not. The zeonix lynching squad was immediately in action, at this time, Phobius mapped the anatomy of Bette Midler's vagina out and won a nobel prize. The squad was waiting to take this mother****er down. Pride was wanting Zeonix to stay, and found an unlikely ally in this new war: me. Me, Pride, and Sonic Boyster fought for the rights of our Forum Jesus (not saying we adored the guy, but in all honesty, he was a cool guy IF YOU ACTUALLY TALKED TO HIM, I ****ing hated Zeo, and never talked to him, he made one funny post and I contacted him over AIM, I can guarantee ANYONE who had a pissing match with him can talk to him, and resolve whatever the problem was.) This one user had caused groups to form within the moderation, people chose their friends, and began to dislike one another over the simple actions of one user.

Anyways...battles were fought, zeonix's every. last. breath. was watched until he sneezed. One day, he did sneeze, and was crucified for our sins.
We are still in The Reconstruction of the 2nd Civil War, not all of us still agree with one another.

During the middle of the 2nd civil war,Skyrider became our new PR guy, and the staff didn't take too kindly with some of his decisions, at first it looked like in the midst of our reconstruction, a 3rd civil war was on our hands...but something happened...something...strange...people...accepted...jokes...

Then the forums went down for 2 months...here we are...still reconstructing in the ashes of the 2nd mod civil war...Boyster...Pride...Opty....just a few that aren't nearly as active...the war is over...but at what cost? The community has dwindled...and is fading out.

Thank you for those who have read my pasttime with this community, I leave you with this, goodnight.

Yes, I am Jesus with a shotgun, and zeonix pwns at mspainting.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
EUGHNA!!!!

lol, dude, do you remember bowling with a face?!

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I vote for...

A FORUM RESET

Everyone/thing should be allowed back into this forum, and we all vote on moderators :D

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Moved to Off-Topic specifically to let a legend post in his old domain...ladies and gentleman...I present to you...

Lid

L
I was told I made some people cry when I left, I was under the impression the crying only occurred while I was here. By the by, I still think "commenting on the user above you" is retarded.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
LID!!!!

i ****ing love you (it's almighty_gir)

do you remember postman?!

Best answers
Seriously Magus, do you keep an ESF diary or something? :p

And I still believe Smo had the rights to go ape**** on dan stealing another model >_>

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom