Yea ive created something!

Best answers
Donnie tsk tsk.

donnierisk said:
k, show us, we'll help wherever we can, won't we grega?

That thing about the map utterly destroying everyone every few minutes might be a little silly, but who knows, I haven't played in a map like that, maybe it's fun. ^^
@Donnie: Lol you never really have played half life much.JK. Yea what i would do is have a timer or somethin that eventuallly it would blow up after some time.

I'll post some pictures. Let me know if the big pics. bother you and i should just post the link instead. I would like some lighting. Also im gonna re-construct the map untill i like the size. IM probably gonna need a better and darker looking skybox. Like an end of the world skybox. Uber awsome!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I've played plenty of hl, but in esf it might be a bit different, but maybe I'm wrong, it was fun seeing how every1 in the map got destroyed while I was behind "bullet proof" glass...yea, I was in an area that had a view of the whole map. well good luck!

Best answers
Hm, regarding the poly limit, I do not believe there is such a limit.
However, there is a max size of a map and you always have to keep the R_speeds in mind.
When you get more advanced, you'll learn techniques to reduce R_speeds in many different ways.
Good Luck in your future mapping.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
lutz alec said:
Kinda reminds me of that one map for Half-life 1.
It was just called Box. Great map, I remember playing that at 5am, lawl.

Riiiight, anyway, mmm try selecting the top block of the ceiling and replacing to a sky texture, then take the POINT entity tool and find env_environment and go in the 3d view and right click it somewhere on the INSIDE of the sky block. Boom, there shall be light.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Optional22 said:
It was just called Box. Great map, I remember playing that at 5am, lawl.

Riiiight, anyway, mmm try selecting the top block of the ceiling and replacing to a sky texture, then take the POINT entity tool and find env_environment and go in the 3d view and right click it somewhere on the INSIDE of the sky block. Boom, there shall be light.
Correction. Its called light_enviroment not env_enviroment.

Also @Raistlin. There is a poly limit (kinda) world poly limit that is. Basicly Rspeeds. The wpoly part of the rspeeds. ESF has a limit of 1800 for decent map performance. Anything over could cause lag.

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
Optional22 said:
it doesnt matter at all where the light_environment is place btw.
It has just to be within that specific hull. What matters are its pitch/yaw/roll values :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Correction DJ Ready ^^ Pitch Yaw and Roll do not work yet, there's a note at the options, valve forgot about us, unfinished hammer....tisk tisk.

Anyways, there a tab that you can click on called "pitch" the default value is 0, just play around with it for shadows, etc. The Pitch yaw and roll tab doesn't work like I said. (DJ Ready, you tolds me this...lol)

ESF Head Team Mapper
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🍂 Regular
Best answers
ya ya ... pitch and yaw only.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
donnierisk said:
Correction DJ Ready ^^ Pitch Yaw and Roll do not work yet, there's a note at the options, valve forgot about us, unfinished hammer....tisk tisk.

Anyways, there a tab that you can click on called "pitch" the default value is 0, just play around with it for shadows, etc. The Pitch yaw and roll tab doesn't work like I said. (DJ Ready, you tolds me this...lol)
Suposedly taht only goes for the two cyrlces. Not the actual values. But meh teh actualy things dont seem to work eather >.<

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom