Yamcha

3D Animator and Rigger!!!
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Yeah, Well unfourtunatly, Im not going to make it look 100% like the yamcha you want. Im doing this for the reason Deverz pointed out----to get better. Don't get offended and do the same thing you did with C17, Im not trying to be an a**hole, Im just trying to be a better character artist :p

It's really hard to scale stuff in zbrush. This was just a test though, Im trying out severaly ways to sculpt models, and I have only one left, ofcourse I saved it to last because it seems to be the best way. What I'm going to do is, export that body model into blender, and scale it to fit yamchas body propotions, then, I will make a REALLLLLLLLYYYYY simple mesh for the cloths, and export it to zbrush, then sculpt it and make a lowpoly version of it, lastly, bake a normal map and an ao map to make the diffuse map look better! Soudnds good right?
Or you can make the high poly cloths in zbrush, bake the normal and discuss map, topolgize the high res mesh to low. Export. It's what we do for my project. Make high res, the top it down to 20k poly.

Best answers
Or you can make the high poly cloths in zbrush, bake the normal and discuss map, topolgize the high res mesh to low. Export. It's what we do for my project. Make high res, the top it down to 20k poly.
I tried that, and you saw the results, it looked nothing like yamcha....

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In order to get better, I'll have to be imaginative, and not follow a reference all the time
I would agree with that statement if you were creating your own character, but you generally want to follow a reference pretty closely if you're going to be basing your model on a character.

Overall your model looks good but something looks off about the torso. I can't put my finger on what it exactly is though. I would also definitely improve on the eyes and eyebrows as some others have already pointed out.

Best answers
I would agree with that statement if you were creating your own character, but you generally want to follow a reference pretty closely if you're going to be basing your model on a character.

Overall your model looks good but something looks off about the torso. I can't put my finger on what it exactly is though. I would also definitely improve on the eyes and eyebrows as some others have already pointed out.
Sure, but seriously though, no matter how much I try, I will never be able to make a Yamcha model that every body approve of, so, I will keep practising with Zbrush...
http://puu.sh/h7fyd/53a0110aad.jpg
http://puu.sh/h7fCL/db191c5a3b.jpg

Btw, Wolf, you were intressted in my C17 model right? If you're still intressted, you can use it for your project.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Best answers
So in order to get better you must take a shitty reference?
No need to be so overly critical man. It's not a huge deal if it's just for self improvement.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌟 Senior Member
Best answers
I've been waiting to see someone SOCK IT to Hlev. He dun give two shits what I do, but right now you have the powah Zeroc keep at it! No one defines you but you! And.. maybe the people who named you.. and raised you, and your school teachers, and religious teachers! Yeah YOU!

And the point isn't to please everyone, but let what you create speak for itself. I was digging the original model you were working on. Problem with these forums is that it turns once nice people into big sour pusses. Or insane clown posse rejects. Point is!! You are sharing progress. Best I can do is offer a suggestion or two to get shot down.

Though I do still hope they really consider at least my bit on expanding the jumping mechanic *wink wink*

Discord Member
Best answers
I've been waiting to see someone SOCK IT to Hlev. He dun give two shits what I do, but right now you have the powah Zeroc keep at it! No one defines you but you! And.. maybe the people who named you.. and raised you, and your school teachers, and religious teachers! Yeah YOU!

And the point isn't to please everyone, but let what you create speak for itself. I was digging the original model you were working on. Problem with these forums is that it turns once nice people into big sour pusses. Or insane clown posse rejects. Point is!! You are sharing progress. Best I can do is offer a suggestion or two to get shot down.

Though I do still hope they really consider at least my bit on expanding the jumping mechanic *wink wink*

hey now ... i bash on Hlev all the time. contributes next to nothing but negativity.

zeroc ur doing much better than any of us so keep at it. i wish i could contribute n help to finish this mod. it's been so long since its been in production and we've been waiting ... but not many rise up to contribute so it is much appreciated you are working on your skills. You aren't at the uber professional level yet, but i don't see how with time you won't get there. don't take criticism too harshly, it is only there to help you.

CHEERS!

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Having some knowledge about Zeroc's attention to detail, I do not believe that that reference was chosen with "it's bad but it fits my particular needs" in mind, but rather that he simply can't tell that it's bad. Apparently the same goes to this vector guy, as the reference originally comes from him. Who is he anyway?

Am I overly critical, an ******* and a ****? Yes. Am I wrong? **** no.

Last edited:
Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
hlev isnt negative, he just wants to help and wants esf to be in the most accurate and best state once done.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
🌹 Regular Rosé
Best answers
You could use the official dbz color manga for a reference

Edit: nevermind, cant seem to find it anywhere, it isnt as avaliable as i thought it would be

Last edited:
Best answers
I will keep using the anime refference, If that doesnt suit helv, that's his problem!

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
"I'll keep being stupid, if you don't like it, that's your problem!"

That's not my problem at all, as I get to bash you for legitimate reasons, which is fun.

Discord Member
Best answers
Having some knowledge about Zeroc's attention to detail, I do not believe that that reference was chosen with "it's bad but it fits my particular needs" in mind, but rather that he simply can't tell that it's bad. Apparently the same goes to this vector guy, as the reference originally comes from him. Who is he anyway?

Am I overly critical, an ******* and a ****? Yes. Am I wrong? **** no.
im actually the one that first said his reference he is using is bad and needs to use a new one. Like i said, u like to be negative, so you like to be able to turn or make up something to turn into a negative thing .... i've said these exact words before too and u've proven it yet again.

But hey, Zeroc said his intention behind it; he said he doesnt mind the bad reference this time due to wanting to just practice (not even sure if the team needs it). there was no need for you to continue to bash him afterward. really uncalled for.

@GodGoku there is a proper etiquette to talking with someone and criticizing ... the way Hlev does it is rude, obnoxious, and downright out of place more than half the time. If he really wants to help ESF finish then he can try and work on his own models and see what happens.

Best answers
"I'll keep being stupid, if you don't like it, that's your problem!"

That's not my problem at all, as I get to bash you for legitimate reasons, which is fun.
You're practicly telling me to ignore you....

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Tone it down hleV.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
It's not cancelled. It just needs 7 give or take 10 more years to be ready for release... well half of it at least, the rest you're probably looking at 15 to 20.

Best answers
hahaha :)
Yeah sorry guys. I stopped working on the model long ago.
I have my reasons, and I see that my decision is probably right!
If you want me to explain myself then I can go ahead, but I really dont see a reason to do that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom