Worst/Disappointing Endings in Anime

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uncover bunker said:
huh...isnt that anime usually have the happy ending?

You're talking about fairy tales mister -.- So unlike fairy tales, some animes tend to have sad endings, and those endings are usually the best ones.

Best answers
elfen lied - was a lame ending, and to make note for everyone the ending to manga is just as bad as the anime if u want to know just pm me,

fate/stay night - was kinda lame but at the same time there is another visual novel after the show called fate/hollow ataraxiawhich goes off a different ending in the first visual novel, where Saber stays.

Samurai Champloo - think they should make a new season

Tenjou Tenge - they stopped at the 2 OVAs without finishing the story to force ppl to read the manga to find out the end

Ichigo 100% - had 5 OVAs after it finished and they still didnt hook him up with a girl

Kono Minikuku mo Utsukushii Sekai - the ending was just bad

Air - killed her off, didnt like it :(

Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi - Never really ended it that well, wondering if they are gonna make a 3rd season

all i can think of atm and yes i watch 2 much anime <.<

EDIT: On fate/stay, not sure if ppl know this but in the visual novel there was 3 endings if i can remember right one was the anime ending, 2nd was like i said she stays and 3rd cant remember, there is also a high demand for another fate anime so u might see them release it soon. and ya this might shock u but archers identity is Shirō Emiya, the main charc of the anime :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I kinda wanted Golden Boy to keep going. One of the only animes I really laughed at.

Robotech's ending was kinda ridiculous too, just all happened way too fast and the characters didn't react.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Gama said:
and ya this might shock u but archers identity is Shirō Emiya, the main charc of the anime :p
Aww i was hoping you wouldnt say that. But yea its true >.<

Stupid moron wasted all his energy to kill Berserker 5 times (or was it 7). He never died he just wasted all his energy and disapeared >.<

🍂 Regular
Best answers
Hash said:
The ending to Great Teacher Onizuka is the most horrible, disappointing ending I've ever watched. It's one of the greatest animes ever, awesome story, great characters, and a perfect balance between comedy and drama. Yet, at the end they just basically cut off in the middle of the story and send Onizuka off to America.

Why couldn't they just keep on going with the story and follow the manga through to its end? There is still another like 12 volumes or some **** to do but they just stopped. Arg, pisses me off whenever i think about it.
Totally agreed, GTO ended way too soon, but that's because they started the anime, while the manga was still being serialized, if they kept airing while the manga was still serialized you'd have to deal with fillers, and the series would have easily passed 200 episodes, so I'd rather have an ending like this then 100+ filler episodes, and then 100+ manga related episodes.

Best answers
Grega said:
Stupid moron wasted all his energy to kill Berserker 5 times (or was it 7). He never died he just wasted all his energy and disapeared >.<
If u read or play so to say the novel on fate/hollow ataraxiawhich (yes has some sex scenes) Archer is still in it and he has a full on fight with Saber, best fight seen in the fate games :)

Best answers
Neon Genesis Evangelion- 'nuff said. To this day, I still don't understand it. Still ranks number 1 in my "WTF Just Happened" category.
Inuyasha- Was that even an ending? They just left it hanging.
Witch Hunter Robin- Too short

Best answers
[ESF]nighthawk said:
Neon Genesis Evangelion- 'nuff said. To this day, I still don't understand it. Still ranks number 1 in my "WTF Just Happened" category.
NGE is some what simple if you read some of the dialog, (also the movie helps) its pretty much based around religion. Adam, Eve, Angels :) Its somewhat hard to put in words tho cant think of the right ones to sum it up

Best answers
Actually i beleive that is in the "Unlimited Blade Works" storyline not stay night's storyline with the battle of archer and saber

the three are

Fate/ Stay night
Fate, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel
Unlimited blade works revolves around archer and rin
Heaven's feel revolves around Sakura Mato and how she is evil...though we never see that in the anime.

there is a small spin off

Fate/ hollow ataraxia which has added characters but isn't much. I have the games and a translated list to understand what is going on..it wasn't that great.

the game however is awsome, i enjoyed it thoroughly and NO not the hentai part.

Here is a big question though for all you fate/stay night anime watches. To transfer mana from master to servant, they have to sleep with each other and have sex. Now here is the question.

:: Stares at Beserker and Llya::

::blink::
you tell me how that works.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That wasn't to transfer mana, it was to transfer Shiro's magical network (whatever the hell it was called, I forgot) into Saber.

Mana transfers automatically. That's part of how Saber healed after her first big injury - she absorbed what little mana Shiro had, using it to heal her wounds.

Best answers
Sarutobi Sensei said:
Actually i beleive that is in the "Unlimited Blade Works" storyline not stay night's storyline with the battle of archer and saber

the three are

Fate/ Stay night

Unlimited blade works revolves around archer and rin
Heaven's feel revolves around Sakura Mato and how she is evil...though we never see that in the anime.

there is a small spin off

Fate/ hollow ataraxia which has added characters but isn't much. I have the games and a translated list to understand what is going on..it wasn't that great.

the game however is awsome, i enjoyed it thoroughly and NO not the hentai part.

Here is a big question though for all you fate/stay night anime watches. To transfer mana from master to servant, they have to sleep with each other and have sex. Now here is the question.

:: Stares at Beserker and Llya::

::blink::
you tell me how that works.
Fate/Stay Night is the name of the game. Fate, Unlimited Blade Works and Heaven's Feel are three branching storylines within the game that you can choose to play.

the anime goes mainly on the Fate storyline but is also mixed in with Heaven's Feel and Unlimited Blade works.

Saber fights Archer in Fate/ hollow ataraxia again to gain access to New Town at night

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Champloo shoulda ended on that beach when they run towards eachother and clash swords. I didnt like the "conclusion" imo it should've been an story without a full, everything works out - conclusion.

You do know there's a film for FMA's ending kidboy? Oh, and im not sure about this, but the FMA manga is still going i think, it hasnt reached an end.

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
Champloo shoulda ended on that beach when they run towards eachother and clash swords. I didnt like the "conclusion" imo it should've been an story without a full, everything works out - conclusion.

You do know there's a film for FMA's ending kidboy? Oh, and im not sure about this, but the FMA manga is still going i think, it hasnt reached an end.
ya the manga is still going, but my word of warning is if u like the anime i doubt ur like the manga, everything is way different, storyline sucks ect but guess it comes down to what ppl enjoy :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
To my knowledge that's because it hasn't been made / finished yet. But I have heard of a film in the works.

Could be wrong.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah, the movie answers a lot of questions from the end of the series, I have to say the animation for it is top notch too, its amazingly well drawn.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Indeed, and it has some great action seens as well and awesome drawing quality. The end is also a bit different. Anyway, I also heard rumors about there coming a second FMA movie? Not sure about it though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom