Worst/Disappointing Endings in Anime

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Warning: This Thread Contains Major Spoilers*

I love anime. I've seen some incredible pieces of animation but the ending really kill it for me. This thread is about which endings you thought were bad and/or disappointing.

Mine, the ending to Full Metal Alchemist pissed me off. Here they have a great anime. Full of fighting, betrayal and plot twists. They had great characters that caught my attention instantly, but when it came down to the ending, I thought they just wrapped it up WAY to fast and didn't really give it much thought. I mean, they have Al die off, Ed sacrifice himself to save Al, thus having him suck in the alternate universe and Al doesn't even remember he has a brother. Bah, they could have done better -_-.

Next one is Cowboy Bebop. How dare they kill off Spike! Yeah, I'll admit that he died pretty cool like, but they could have kept the series going longer. So much potential was lost.

Wolf's Rain they killed off everyone and it confused the hell out of me, until I realized what was going on.

Samuria Champloo, they split Jin, Mugen and the girl apart, even though they could have added more to it. Maybe add in a crazy bounty hunter who gives Jin and Mugen major trouble.

I can't think of any more at this moment. I'll post more when I think again.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Personally I find the DBZ ending really lame. The universe's strongest fighters couldn't kill Buu, but when they used the energy of a planet of humans they managed it? Then 10 years later Buu gets reincarnated and is automatically a "good" person now. Goku goes off and train with him.. and so forth. Kinda lame if you ask me.

Another anime I'm in love with but hate the ending would be Trigun. So Knives and Vash duel at the end, Vash wins with the help of Wolfwood's crossgun, then he takes Knives' body and walks off. And voila! The end.. >_>. The fight itself wasn't even that interesting. I feel they could've added a lot more to the ending.

Can't think of any other ones atm though D=

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:

I love anime. I've seen some incredible pieces of animation but the ending really kill it for me. This thread is about which endings you thought were bad and/or disappointing.

Mine, the ending to Full Metal Alchemist pissed me off. Here they have a great anime. Full of fighting, betrayal and plot twists. They had great characters that caught my attention instantly, but when it came down to the ending, I thought they just wrapped it up WAY to fast and didn't really give it much thought. I mean, they have Al die off, Ed sacrifice himself to save Al, thus having him suck in the alternate universe and Al doesn't even remember he has a brother. Bah, they could have done better -_-.

Next one is Cowboy Bebop. How dare they kill off Spike! Yeah, I'll admit that he died pretty cool like, but they could have kept the series going longer. So much potential was lost.

Wolf's Rain they killed off everyone and it confused the hell out of me, until I realized what was going on.

Samuria Champloo, they split Jin, Mugen and the girl apart, even though they could have added more to it. Maybe add in a crazy bounty hunter who gives Jin and Mugen major trouble.

watch the FMA movie..

cowboy bebop ending was awesome.. bitter sweet

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:
I disagree, I thought the ending to Bebop was a perfect fit.

Not to get too far off-topic, but that's one thing I like about (most) anime. They actually have an ending, it's not just ongoing and milking the series for everything it's worth. It goes through its story and ends, the way any good story should and makes it all the more special.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The ending to Great Teacher Onizuka is the most horrible, disappointing ending I've ever watched. It's one of the greatest animes ever, awesome story, great characters, and a perfect balance between comedy and drama. Yet, at the end they just basically cut off in the middle of the story and send Onizuka off to America.

Why couldn't they just keep on going with the story and follow the manga through to its end? There is still another like 12 volumes or some **** to do but they just stopped. Arg, pisses me off whenever i think about it.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DBZ:
Should of ended as planned with Goku dying after namek exploded after his defeat of Frieza.
Kid Buu saga with Goku using his spirit bomb to defeat Buu (should of defeated him through actual fighting not the sb =/).
Shinjio said:
Personally I find the DBZ ending really lame. The universe's strongest fighters couldn't kill Buu, but when they used the energy of a planet of humans they managed it? Then 10 years later Buu gets reincarnated and is automatically a "good" person now. Goku goes off and train with him.. and so forth. Kinda lame if you ask me.
GT goes through and makes Ubb worse, he should be more powerful considering he's the reincarnation of Buu, but it's gt for you, it's very broken. It was Goku's request that he be reincarnated into a good person so he could train him before he killed Buu with the sb.

Best answers
Grrrr,I just hate the fact that the anime HAS to end....makes me sadd cause it's soooo good!! But the Dragonball Z ending was pathetic,they were running out of ideas I guess,but it was sooo lame :(

-GuZzie

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pain said:
I disagree, I thought the ending to Bebop was a perfect fit.

Not to get too far off-topic, but that's one thing I like about (most) anime. They actually have an ending, it's not just ongoing and milking the series for everything it's worth. It goes through its story and ends, the way any good story should and makes it all the more special.
Cowboy Bebop's ending was good but they should have ran the series just another 26 episodes and then kill it off. I was just left wanting more and that sucked because there wasn't anymore. I agree with you on how animes shouldn't continue forever but at least have some series go just a little longer.

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KidBoy17 said:

Samurai champloo was disapointing.

Cowboy bebop on the other hand was perfect, I was acctualy emotionaly effected by it. It was real, it doesn't pretend that if something changes/someone dies things don't go on around it like before. It was harsh but real.

Best answers
Hash said:
The ending to Great Teacher Onizuka is the most horrible, disappointing ending I've ever watched. It's one of the greatest animes ever, awesome story, great characters, and a perfect balance between comedy and drama. Yet, at the end they just basically cut off in the middle of the story and send Onizuka off to America.
Agreed

And to add inyo this i didnt like Fate-Stay nights ending. Why does Saber have to "die"?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jariroth said:
Agreed

And to add inyo this i didnt like Fate-Stay nights ending. Why does Saber have to "die"?
I hated that too.

But still, as far as story-telling goes, it was a good ending. It gave closure.

Another ending I hated was Noir's ending. Like, wtf? The dark-haired girl leaves her partner behind for some dumb kid or something (Been a while since I seen it, can't remember the details well).

FLCL had a weird ending too. x:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Dbz ending was horrible, gt in the other hand had very nice ending, even though gt sucked.. gt ending in english dubs are REALLY horrible because the rap music spoils it, it should bring nostalgic memories back with that dandan song but funi ruins it.. so i would say dbz ending and gt eng endings sucked

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jariroth said:
Agreed

Beeing based on a hentai game i think they did well. Allthough the manga goes on even after that. Like finding out who archer realy is XD

DBZ should have ended with Frieza, Goku and Namek blowing up.

Onizuka was disapointing.

Im a bit disapointed with Fafners ending but it was a nice wrapup (Soushi had to go T_T)

Nior ended with both of them going home for a cup of tea >.> no kids involved.

Best answers
Grega said:
Beeing based on a hentai game i think they did well. Allthough the manga goes on even after that. Like finding out who archer realy is XD
I dont think its an excuse if its based on some H-game. Surely the manga and game can end differently, but i didnt like the anime ending in particular.

To add on the endings that i didnt like:
-Trigun (Wolfwood died, shame)
-Berserk anime (Sorry, but death of almost every main character, demons raping the female main character is not my style.)
-Mai-hime (This time its stubid that they resurrected every one of characters that died during the series)

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jariroth said:
I dont think its an excuse if its based on some H-game. Surely the manga and game can end differently, but i didnt like the anime ending in particular.

To add on the endings that i didnt like:
-Trigun (Wolfwood died, shame)
-Berserk anime (Sorry, but death of almost every main character, demons raping the female main character is not my style.)
-Mai-hime (This time its stubid that they resurrected every one of characters that died during the series)
The Berserk anime is a piece of trash. They should've completed it, instead of leaving it at the eclipse. Read the manga and you will find out what happens afterwards. Believe me, it's worth it.

In Elfen lied, does Lucy die, or does she really return at the very end of the laat episode ?

Best answers
Fate stay night had a TERRIBLE ending...left me so...so....Pointlessly dropped off.

Shingetsutan Tsukihime also left me dry...both by type moon.

Original Hellsing SUCKED.

Yu Yu hakusho was somewhat interesting as an ending but it dragged on for too long

INUYASHA'S ENDING IS TERRIBLE. 255 episodes and you don't have a closure...WTF is that.

Best answers
Cold Steel said:
The Berserk anime is a piece of trash. They should've completed it, instead of leaving it at the eclipse. Read the manga and you will find out what happens afterwards. Believe me, it's worth it.
I know that the manga is better, i just havent had time to find and read it.

Best answers
KidBoy17 said:

huh...isnt that anime usually have the happy ending?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
As a fan of the original Mobile Suit Gundam... I thought the ending to Char's Counterattack was pretty BS. Well, and most of the stuff that happens before that too.

jp

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cold Steel said:

In Elfen lied, does Lucy die, or does she really return at the very end of the laat episode ?
Elfen lied,

Well there is a manga, so I don't want to spoil it, so high light the following text for if you do want to know what happened.

Okay, it has been told to me by a friend of mine, but he said that lucy came back, killed nearly everybody, and that the boy (whatever is name is, I forgot >_<), killed her in the end, its all very psycho and wild, she even gets wings of some sort in the end but ends up as a puddle of bloody red mush, very gory, not sure if that is entirely true since I haven't read it myself, so don't call me a liar if its different then what i'm saying here, since it has been told to me by another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom