Windows Vista Beta 2 Released

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Windows Vista Beta 2 is now available for IT professionals and developers with MSDN and TechNet subscriptions. In the coming weeks, Microsoft will start the Windows Vista Customer Preview Program (CPP) for developers and IT professionals who are not members of the subscription services.

The Windows Vista CPP will also be available to technology enthusiasts that want to install and test a copy of Windows Vista Beta 2. You can get a head start on your Windows Vista CPP preparation by visiting the Get Ready section of this site and downloading the Windows Vista Product Guide (60 MB Word doc).
I've just checked the Microsoft website, and saw that Windows Vista Beta 2 has been released. And to my surprise i saw this:

Windows Vista Minimum Supported System Requirements:
-Processor 800 MHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor1
-System Memory 512 MB
-GPU SVGA (800x600)
-Graphics Memory
-HDD 20 GB
-HDD Free Space 15 GB
-Optical Drive CD-ROM drive2
-Audio
-Internet

Only 800Mhz? That's not even a lot, even my PC can run it then. More information can be found here. For some reason, I can't wait for Vista to be released so I can check it out.

Best answers
15GB HDD :')
512RAM for idle :')

Hoozah \o/ Looking forward to running Photoshop or Premiere on Vista.. Oh wait.. I don't :/

Base belongs to me.
👑 Administrator
🌠 Staff
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💎Légéñdārý
Best answers
Mh. Vista doesn't look so bad now. Yet i wonder why "20GIG harddisk" is required. I mean, come on. Windows itself would never take up so much space. But luckely i have a 1Ghz, GForce 2 GTS, and 80GIG Harddisk. I should be able to run Vista fine.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You won't need Vista to run Photoshop or Premier anyway, Kimfu. So far the only software that requires Vista is Halo 2 and Crysis. Seeing as your machine probably isn't designed for games with those specs, there's no problem.

The only spec thats noteworthy is the 512mb RAM needed to run it, but 1gb is the standard now and Vista's not even released yet. It does seem to be a bit extortionate, but nothing a 3-year old PC would have trouble with.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A few links on vista:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Vista
http://www.tomshardware.com/2006/05/31/windows_vista/

There's also been a bunch of articles iv'e read on the Inquirer about vista concerning a lot of different things. Apparently, depending on your amount of system memory (I am lead to belive this happens on versions of vista that have higher system memory requirements) that it will consume 800mb of memory while idle (could just be a phase going through with the beta, as beta will not always reflect the final product, especially considering we are talking about an operating system here).

I'm yet to see personally whether or not I will even use Vista on my own machine if it's such a dam memory hog. I don't think i'd be interested in flashy new gui effects ethier, when such thing s have already been done on linux via XGL on much weaker hardware compared to what requirements microsoft require you to use with vista.

4gb memory kits should also be around by the end of the year too according to ocz, and it seems that 4gb of ram may be the way to go in future for gamers that can afford to have such nice systems. The only downside with 4gb kits (2x2gb sticks) is that the latencies may be higher, however with AMD & Intel both working on there new core designs (Conroe, practically killing performance of A64 cores, & AMD'S K8L), I think it shouldn't be to much of a worry (I hope).

And, just let it be noted that some features of IE7 will only be avalible on the vista version. Microsoft is planning to release another service pack for XP just before vista is released or not long after vista's release.

Best answers
Ravendust said:
You won't need Vista to run Photoshop or Premier anyway, Kimfu. So far the only software that requires Vista is Halo 2 and Crysis..
Poo :( Just the 2 things I was looking forward to.. A remake and a rendershowcase :'(

Best answers
FF|Skyrider said:
I've just checked the Microsoft website, and saw that Windows Vista Beta 2 has been released. And to my surprise i saw this:

Windows Vista Minimum Supported System Requirements:
-Processor 800 MHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor1
-System Memory 512 MB
-GPU SVGA (800x600)
-Graphics Memory
-HDD 20 GB
-HDD Free Space 15 GB
-Optical Drive CD-ROM drive2
-Audio
-Internet

Only 800Mhz? That's not even a lot, even my PC can run it then. More information can be found here. For some reason, I can't wait for Vista to be released so I can check it out.
they were supress alot(or call cover and hide alot?) in the system request:

in a good example about xp, we already use that damn pentium D and still not perfect, not to mention if ur hobby is video game.....

i cant imagine if vista release...that would be a worst nightmare we never had.
in my guess....there must request the cpu over 4 ghz(only in normal mode..)

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
uncover bunker said:
they were supress alot(or call cover and hide alot?) in the system request:

in a good example about xp, we already use that damn pentium D and still not perfect, not to mention if ur hobby is video game.....

i cant imagine if vista release...that would be a worst nightmare we never had.
in my guess....there must request the cpu over 4 ghz(only in normal mode..)
4ghz chips won't really be so "nessacary", I don't know where you got the idea from. Given the fact that Intel's new core2 chips aren't clocked , or the top model just being clocked just under 3ghz, it's not all about the clock speeds anymore. It's more about core design, reaching 4ghz is out of question. There's a reason why you don't see jntel shipping any 4ghz parts on stock (it is reachable though with overclocking some intel products however).

AMD is also planning to increase there clock speeds, & soon introduce K8L, successor to current A64 processors built on K8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom