Will there be healing characters (i.e. Dende) eventually?

Best answers
Sorry if it's come up B4, but I wanna be sure. Are characters with healing abilities being planned for ESF down the road?

Example with Spoilers to Frieza Saga:
Like Dende, the little Namek kid, was very weak but had the ability to heal the Z fighters of their wounds during the battle with Frieza.

Can't really think of anyone else right now.

---

I was thinking that with teamplay & cap the dragon balls modes coming characters with healing powers like Dende could be useful: you'd make them a bit weaker than normal characters but with the ability to heal teammates.

This could perhaps involve:
-A ki drain of course
-Both healer & patient getting close together and staying there for a short time: so it wouldn't be useful in a full fledged fire fight but maybe your allies could protect you two as you dropped back and healed
-A PL boost for the healer, to encourage people to actually use the healing and to ensure you can devote yourself to healing and still stay at the server average
-The ability to channel Ki into self-healing (in Dende's case, this would be on top of his Namekian regeneration powers)
-Perhaps heal Solar Flares, and any other special effects (Dragon curses?)

So, you'd get a chance to play as a slightly weaker than average character, with perhaps a small selection of moves or somewhat weak moves, but you'd be able to assist your teammates. This would add some strategy and teamwork.

And since people are respawning in this game anyway, I don't think it would become too cheap or dominating (but still useful: keeps patients in the front lines and prevents enemies from getting PL off of killing your team).

Best answers
I like it

sounds cool, but what would be the point of a healer against foes that can go ssj and blow you away with one hit?

Best answers
um kibito could do it

and this will be the day when ESF has a fully funtional team based game

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nope dumb idea...

for one reason...

esf is too fast pased for people to be sitting around healing people i mean its boom ur dead respawn and kill...

Best answers
Actually, we did think about an alternative capture the dragonballs mode, in wich people can die, and be wished back, and each team has their own Dende. Dende then would be able to heal people and you need your dende to be able to do a wish. But this probably won't be in the next release.

Best answers
Originally posted by harSens
Actually, we did think about an alternative capture the dragonballs mode, in wich people can die, and be wished back, and each team has their own Dende. Dende then would be able to heal people and you need your dende to be able to do a wish. But this probably won't be in the next release.

That sounds like a good idea,if the team can do it like you said it would be sweet!!!

Best answers
Whoa, that'd be neat. Then whoever played Dende would have to be real good. Plus, you'd have to balance whether to keep your Dende in the back lines and safe, or whether to let him go out front so his PL stays at a respectable level and he can heal himself. An important tactic could become marching back to Dende for some healing, to boost his PL!

If that's the case, then Kibito would definately be a good pic too so you'd have an expendable healer. Maybe he wouldn't be so centered on healing as Dende, or perhaps have just a small repetoire of moves (this = balance, + less work creating new moves).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom