Why haven't you heard about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Interesting quote, it produces 5 times as much power as it consumes and much more..
Nope. There's no such thing as even a 1:1 perfect machine (that you get as much power out of as you put in).

Waste energy is always produced in various forms, mostly heat and light. Anyone who tells you otherwise is an idiot. There have been multiple claims of 1:1, or further machines, which have all been debunked numerous times.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
wow i just had a moment of genius, thanks to this thread.

remember those old hampster wheel generators? each state should have a giant one of these installed and we could use the homeless as fuel by gluing a quarter to it halfway up, its foolproof.

FREE ELECTRICITY FOR EVERYONES!!11

Best answers
Not that it isnt possible, just that no one has figured it out yet, at least not a working model...this makes me think of The Saint...man Elizabeth Shue was hot in that movie

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Who said perpetual energy isn't possible?
they werent lying when they said that its a fundamental law of physics. or you can explain to me WHY you would get a higher ammount of energy from LESS energy? or even the same ammount?

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VideoJinx, here's a list compiled of numerous claims of perpetual motion machines - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_perpetual_motion_machines

Not one of them worked, some due to the inventor's inability to back up their claims, lack of tests, failed demonstrations - there's a whole laundry list of reasons.

Perpetual Motion is impossible because it violates the first law of thermodynamics:

Energy cannot be created nor destroyed, it can only change form.
Further, according to that Wikipedia article I linked, there are perpetual machines that obey the first law of thermodynamics, but violate the second law of thermodynamics:

In all energy exchanges, if no energy enters or leaves the system, the potential energy of the state will always be less than that of the initial state.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Cool, hope u guys checked out the vid.. cuz he refers to the concept of perpetual energy from my understanding..

also

has anyone here heard about the "unknown" energy source(s) we havent discovered yet? Supposedly it's everywhere + infinite.

MC

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cool, hope u guys checked out the vid.. cuz he refers to the concept of perpetual energy from my understanding..

also

has anyone here heard about the "unknown" energy source(s) we havent discovered yet? Supposedly it's everywhere + infinite.
That's nice, but perpetual energy is impossible.

If said "energy source" is unknown and undiscovered, then how is there any knowledge of it existing?

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers

also

Makes no sense, as usual. "Have you heard of the thing nobody's ever heard of!? No!? Me too!"

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
eh, the guy's either talking about anti-matter energy or radio-electric energy. anti-matter being, basically, impossible and radio-electric being far too small an ammount to be practical.

not that it matters.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stop letting science, politics and economics skew your vision. Big Oil doesn't want us to have perpetual energy, so they're using the hold they have on politicians to stop such machines from gaining recognition. Scientists, while they claim to be open minded, are some of the most dogmatic people on earth. Their bias toward the principles they've been taught their whole life prevents them from even wanting to check such machines out and even sabotage them in a lot of cases... See how many machines up there "failed" for technical reasons? Or how many of the inventors died or vanished mysteriously? Stop taking things at face value and read underneath the underneath.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll presume you're joking. A scientist has no preconceptions when approaching a problem. You formulate a hypothesis and test it. If it doesn't pan out, you scrap or modify it and repeat the process.

You see politicians warping science--such as the Bush Administration basically censoring reports on global warming (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9401E5DE1F38F933A15755C0A9659C8B63) or VideoJinx's ridiculous anti-fluoride sources twisting pro-fluoride research to claim the opposite.

Science is the search for truth--whatever it may be. Sticking your head in the mud and insisting that something false is true does not lead to progress, which is the point of the scientific pursuit in the first place.

Religion is wholly uninterested in the truth, in facts. Which is why it makes no progress. Politicians are as well.

Don't get me wrong. The oil industry basically killed early research in the electric car. And the health industry wants to keep you paying out the ying-yang. They're for-profit businesses.

But scientists as a whole are interested in the pursuit of truth--and especially in a day and age where people can easily and quickly transmit ideas to billions of people through the Internet--no amount of political power and pressure can silence a major breakthrough like a cure for a major disease or superior energy source.

You don't hear about people wildly advocating a "slightly more efficient" or "significantly more efficient" energy source claiming people are trying to kill them or the government is trying to censor them. The entire energy industry jumps on the chance to invest. (Solar? Ethanol? Fuel cells? HELLO?)

It's the crackpot, paranoid nutballs like every source Jinx uses, that claim something insane or unbelievable, who claim the government or industry is trying to silence or kill them. Boring. Bull****.

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sorry Alea, I just wanted to see how easy it was to come up with such an inane defense that requires questioning a person's agenda (You can question every person's agenda) as opposed to actually thinking.

It was damn easy :O

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'll presume you're joking. A scientist has no preconceptions when approaching a problem. You formulate a hypothesis and test it. If it doesn't pan out, you scrap or modify it and repeat the process.

You see politicians warping science--such as the Bush Administration basically censoring reports on global warming (http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9401E5DE1F38F933A15755C0A9659C8B63) or VideoJinx's ridiculous anti-fluoride sources twisting pro-fluoride research to claim the opposite.

Science is the search for truth--whatever it may be. Sticking your head in the mud and insisting that something false is true does not lead to progress, which is the point of the scientific pursuit in the first place.

Religion is wholly uninterested in the truth, in facts. Which is why it makes no progress. Politicians are as well.

Don't get me wrong. The oil industry basically killed early research in the electric car. And the health industry wants to keep you paying out the ying-yang. They're for-profit businesses.

But scientists as a whole are interested in the pursuit of truth--and especially in a day and age where people can easily and quickly transmit ideas to billions of people through the Internet--no amount of political power and pressure can silence a major breakthrough like a cure for a major disease or superior energy source.

You don't hear about people wildly advocating a "slightly more efficient" or "significantly more efficient" energy source claiming people are trying to kill them or the government is trying to censor them. The entire energy industry jumps on the chance to invest. (Solar? Ethanol? Fuel cells? HELLO?)

It's the crackpot, paranoid nutballs like every source Jinx uses, that claim something insane or unbelievable, who claim the government or industry is trying to silence or kill them. Boring. Bull****.
I want you to reply to all future Jinx threads.

I hope this doesn't sound naive, but I am hoping Obama will shed away the dirty stereotypes politicians are known to have.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
being black, i can forsee him causing america do steep into poverty. (lol, i love dave chappelle).

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Science IS a religion, and I'm not so sure you should be speaking on behalf of all scientist of the world, considering the deeds Hitler's scientists(sidenote: they were taken in by us.)

So, why isn't the cure for cancer so popular(No, I'm not refering to DCA), Aids, ect?

Why isn't there much common knowledge about 4D Highly detailed Holograms? They've been around since the 40's, and its still being integrated and studied ect daily....

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Science IS a religion, and I'm not so sure you shoudl be speaking on behalf of all scientist of the world.
Science is not a religion.

Science:
Miriam Webster dictionary said:
Science: knowledge or a system of knowledge covering general truths or the operation of general laws especially as obtained and tested through scientific method.

Religion: the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2): commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
Again. People twist science.

But a scientist forms a hypothesis, tests it and if it doesn't work, modifies or scraps it.

A religion person forms a belief, does not test it, and even if there's no evidence to support it, believes it no matter what anyone says or what evidence contradicts it. See the difference? I doubt you do.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could consider Science having some aspects of belief that can be related to how religion works.

But, saying flat-out that it's a religion is no different than believing everything Creationism claims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom