Why haven't you heard about this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah I don't know why people think time is an artificial medium. Perhaps the units of time may be, but time is time. Old age, seasons, growth of stars/the universe. That's like saying motion is a human conception.

And science =/= religion/faith.

Faith is the believe of something without evidence.

People believe in facts because there is evidence.

Big difference there.

And "faith" does not automatically mean "Religion". Today I took my driver's test and I had faith that I would do fine. I did not know how I would behave with another driver, or if I was rusty with parallel parking, but I believed in myself anyway. And I passed (=D), so having faith in something does not make it a religion.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
VideoJinx said:
I can picture an explosion inside a box happening all at once.. but the thing is

here where they claim the big bang actually occured.. there is no Box 2 my knowledge, around everything in existance or it wouldn't be called "everything".

I say it's impoosible because everything = (Infinite)
The laws of physics state that everything has a limit, a boundary, an end. You could then argue "well then, what's beyond that limit?", but nobody knows, especially not you, Jinx.

VideoJinx said:
lol this would mean that it's still going on right?
Most likely.

VideoJinx said:
And if it's still going on it needs a starting point/area, or else we'd be exploading right now..
The term you're looking for is expanding, and yes, that's also very likely.

VideoJinx said:
So it has a starting point/area.. in which it started and expands... and so IF the Big Bang was true we should be able to see the explosion(bigbang) still happening with a powerfull enough magnifying glass, and everything in existance should be focused around a center point/area...
This is where an interesting theory comes in. It's common logic to assume that there is merely one starting point, around which is everything we know, or the universe. However, there is the possibility of multiple starting points (aka parallel universes).

VideoJinx said:
Any flaws in me logic ?
In this case, not really, except for the infinite part. But something I've wondered is if physics is contradicting itself. If there is always an end, then what's beyond that end? Is that not an extension?

VideoJinx said:
Dark.. is time a particle? If not.. then what is it ? Ooooo Smart 1 of science lol
Time is the fourth dimension. u can search dat 4 urselfs.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually, time doesn't exist. Everything is happening at once in one beautiful, extraordinary moment of expression.

The more you know.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Aw.. you dodged my question..

btw that wasn't a statement in the last post... it was a question..
i answered your question with a perfectly stated sarcastic response. it meant, if you can stay with me on this, that you dont know WHAT time is and you cant provide enough proof against the fact that things change because of time. too put it literally, you blow **** out your ass.

and i agree with sub

In this case, not really, except for the infinite part. But something I've wondered is if physics is contradicting itself. If there is always an end, then what's beyond that end? Is that not an extension?
when i think of our universe i think of like how we think of our stars. our universe is probably just like a solitary star in a cluster of billions of others. im quite confident, especially after reading up on string theory, that we dont "own" the only universe. im sure there are billions of others in-side something else we cant even fathom. while it contradicts the "nothing is infinite" statement i said earlier it doesnt completely. each universe would have an end and continues on too something else. im going in circles, but that means that the end of one thing means the beginning of another.

so what happens after the universe tears itself apart/crunches in on itself?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You could use a pully system and gain a mechanical advantage, to get more out of your initial input

/sarcasm

King of the Hello Kitty Fanclub
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Time:
1. the system of those sequential relations that any event has to any other, as past, present, or future; indefinite and continuous duration regarded as that in which events succeed one another.
2. duration regarded as belonging to the present life as distinct from the life to come or from eternity; finite duration.
3. (sometimes initial capital letter) a system or method of measuring or reckoning the passage of time: mean time; apparent time; Greenwich Time.
4. a limited period or interval, as between two successive events: a long time.
5. a particular period considered as distinct from other periods: Youth is the best time of life.

E.g. How much time have you wasted reading VideoJinx's posts?

source: http://http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/time

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Jinx, I have a request.

For your sake, and all of our sakes....

please jinx, find a drug and start smoking it.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx, I have a request.

Do you want him to be the crazy conspiracy pothead who lives in some trailer out in the middle of nowhere?

With landmines scattered across his driveway?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx, I have a request.

Do this, and I promise you'll see UFO's, Aliens...**** you'll see all sorts of things.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Time:
1. the system of those sequential relations that any event has to any other, as past, present, or future; indefinite and continuous duration regarded as that in which events succeed one another.
2. duration regarded as belonging to the present life as distinct from the life to come or from eternity; finite duration.
3. (sometimes initial capital letter) a system or method of measuring or reckoning the passage of time: mean time; apparent time; Greenwich Time.
4. a limited period or interval, as between two successive events: a long time.
5. a particular period considered as distinct from other periods: Youth is the best time of life.

E.g. How much time have you wasted reading VideoJinx's posts?

source: http://http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/time

Do you not understand that each one of those definitions is a concept?

i answered your question with a perfectly stated sarcastic response. it meant, if you can stay with me on this, that you dont know WHAT time is and you cant provide enough proof against the fact that things change because of time. too put it literally, you blow **** out your ass.

and i agree with sub
So you agree with sub when he said Quote, " Actually, time doesn't exist. "?

when i think of our universe i think of like how we think of our stars. our universe is probably just like a solitary star in a cluster of billions of others. im quite confident, especially after reading up on string theory, that we dont "own" the only universe. im sure there are billions of others in-side something else we cant even fathom. while it contradicts the "nothing is infinite" statement i said earlier it doesnt completely. each universe would have an end and continues on too something else. im going in circles, but that means that the end of one thing means the beginning of another.

so what happens after the universe tears itself apart/crunches in on itself?
A nice perspective, that i can picture.

The laws of physics state that everything has a limit, a boundary, an end. You could then argue "well then, what's beyond that limit?", but nobody knows, especially not you, Jinx.
Since when!?!?! Do you mean everything has a limit based on the structure it was built on o_O? Or.. there is no way 4 something to be limitless in this world. I can always easily picture infinite using a number scale.. example: on a number scale of 1 - 2, there are infinite points in between.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I never said anything about what my view is on time, I merely copy pasta'd something from dictionary.com so I would have a valid reason to use my example.

What happened to the Jinx, the man who never makes any assumptions, you just assumed that I was arguing against you. learn2read.

gg you lose.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well then everything a concept by that standard.

Life, physics, our senses, emotions...Are all concepts then.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's weird how none of you make any sense (except a few, at times) when you argue with Jinx.

This doesn't seem to be a culmative argument of opinions, more of a clash of egos.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It's weird how none of you make any sense (except a few, at times) when you argue with Jinx.

This doesn't seem to be a culmative argument of opinions, more of a clash of egos.
We make as much sense as the person we're arguing with.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Well then everything a concept by that standard.

Life, physics, our senses, emotions...Are all concepts then.
Well,.. to me those are not only concepts but more..

Can't you Experience/Live life?

Physics ?!??! 2 my knowledge this is only a largue amount of Concepts/rules inwhich we used to describe what we experience.

Senses? you can feel these no ?

emotions? you can feel when your happy/sad/angry no ?

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
If you missed my statement above, i believe i called it a concept.

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jinx, you don't have to defend your opinion.

Some people just don't want hear anything that may include change.

It's why our government has got so concentrated within itself, to the point of being inane.

I'd also appreciate if you responded to my PM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom