Why doesn't the team want to implement Movie chars?

Best answers
No... Brolli was over powered. Hes the damn legendary ssj. He has to be powerful. Brolli has his Cons though. He is slow as ****. He should just have a high hp setting, and high Hp pretty much how buu is now. Buu is the over powered char though. He is the one who should have to Lowest health. Everyone knows buu got blown to pieces millions of times, and all he had was regeneration.

Brolli also has 2 Transformations (I am not counting his mind controlled state because thats basically his SSJ state, but hes being controlled).

his SSJ state, and his "LSSJ" or as I say his USSJ form which the 3rd grade of ssj.

Brolli also has enough attacks. Brolli really isn't that over powered if you look at it. When you transform a second time you would be the same power as he is (in his lssj form). Only thing with Brolli he should start of fighting as a ssj, but will be really slow like slower than Trunks ssj form, and when he transforms he would be the same speed. All it will do is increase his power, and hp.

Bojack couldn't be implemented he doesn't have enough attacks.

Kooler could, but people have an excuse sayin he is the same as frieza =\. When hes not if you just put in METAL Kooler then he wouldn't be. Because he can regenerate.

They won't add any Android's probably besides 18. They should add both 17, and 18. Its no point having just 18, if you can't go around as both of them Pretty damn pointless if you ask me. Regardless of how much attacks they have, or if they can transform or not. They would have an unlimited ki supply, but there PL would go up faster, so they will be able to keep up.

Another character they could add "Yamucha".

He has his Spirit Ball, Kamehameha, Wolf Fang Fist, which could be a Combo special attack. Thats all the attacks you really need.

Some characters don't need transformations. They could just power up, but NO the team doesn't want to look "too generic", but they gave Krillin this stupid "Mystic form".

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
every1 forgets that krillin did have a trans :S the namek elder unlocked his potential, imo that should have been his trans.

i also agree adding 17 would be easy as pie, 18 and 17 have same proportions (exactly) ergo all u need is another model and attach the same skelenton, they have same attacks, all u gotta do is giv em sounds and maybe different colour sprites, and basically have both of em in...

I dunno about brolly...... every1 loves him as a character, but i have no idea why, his attacks werent great, he had no personality as he was either silent or screamins "KAKKAROTO!" all the time. To be honest he's a bit of a waist of time.... if u were gonna add him, give him his normal form first, i mean it makes sense, even though he never fought as it, its still logical to asume he would be able to.

most movie characters are a complete waist of time imo..... Janemba was my fav cuz of his attacks, but most movie characters were a complete waist of time, thats why they shouldnt include them imo.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
Heh I'm not arguing that the characters on the show aren't ridiculous, I'm just saying the ones in the movies were worse. If the team wanted to add more characters they already have a number they could add from the series that are not overpowered just by their nature (Tien/androids/other miscelanious villains like Nappa and whoever).

Here in lies the problem. What Im saying is that just because the shows/movies don't make alot of sense doesn't mean the mod should be limited by it. Brolli is a cool character. Sure he is (in the movies) ridiculously strong but that doesn't mean he needs to be that strong in the mod and if the movies didn't have enough attacks for him. Hell the team could create new ones for him.

Now I'm not whinning/begging for Brolli to be in. I just don't want the team to limit themselfs because of the lack of contant/logic on the part of the movies characters.

Best answers
Name one movie who had at least one unique attack that would work in a game like this. Also name one movie character who wasn't defeated by some super ultra great thing such as: spirit bomb, lent power, new outstanding power-ups, etc. In other words all movie characters are the same. And they all suck
imkongkong said:
EDIT: well garlic jr was in the series for his second appearance.. not all movies are not based on what happens in the series
Garlic Jr. was a filler ie it was not in the manga. Therefore it was more of the same crap.

Retired
Best answers
because I think the team thinks there are enough characters to choose from already, since there are quite much. and secondly most movie characters only appeared once (in that movie), so for a very short time.

and 3rd, it's based on the series. not the movies or anything else.

Best answers
SeventehIX said:
Name one movie who had at least one unique attack that would work in a game like this. Also name one movie character who wasn't defeated by some super ultra great thing such as: spirit bomb, lent power, new outstanding power-ups, etc. In other words all movie characters are the same. And they all suck
The Trunks movie. I forget the name though.

Anywho the same could be said about non movie characters.

Vegeta: defeated by "new outstanding power-ups"

Frieza: defeated by "new outstanding power-ups"

Cell: defeated by "new outstanding power-ups"

Buu: defeated by "spirit bomb"

Look DBZ kind of sucks if you think about it to much. Just enjoy it for the drama/action/comedy/whatever don't look for logic your head will explode.

Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
they could add from the series that are not overpowered just by their nature (Tien/androids/other miscelanious villains like Nappa and whoever).
Thats a good point sonic but the characters from the series arent nearly as unique as the ones from the movies, for example when you play budokai, there is a wide variety of characters from the series to choose from, but most of them are prettymuch the same. I can see why movie characters arent implemented but i think its very bland putting in nappa instead of someone really different and unique like janemba or broli.

Best answers
I can understand why the team didn't want any move characters and I think its for the best. After all, adding characters like Brolly would be a balancing nightmare, as he's supposed to be way stronger than the others. Plus there are plenty of unique and interesting characters in the series itself.

Also, I hope people realise that whatever consensus is reached in this thread is unlikely to influence the decision of the team in any way at all. They have made their decision on this issue. End of.

Best answers
what i reckon the esf team should put in is pikon hes a good character and and he has his own special attack "Thunder Flash Attack" i think thats it and he is from the original
series i dunno about the manga though cause i havent read it before i dunno about if he can transform but it could be with his weighted clothes off i suppose it there might be a mix up with appereance as piccolo and pikon nearly look identical lol speaking of the same episode i reckon with goku he should be able to do a super kaoken cause that kicked ass then lol oh and there should be an 17 who can transform into super 17 oh and cell and buu should get an attack which can absorb a player then their ki is restored lol well just some ideas for yas to think about but yeah as for the movie characters in the game it woulld be cool but i reckon it will just make things more dificult aye lol ok one last character idea android 19/20 with there cool ki absorbtion technique hmm any thing else? a that should be it for now lol

remember only ideas not demands

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they put in all the main ones, as far as i can tell,

each cgaracter has thier own strengths and weaknesses, and it has enough of a variety now,
perhaps if they implemented some kinda system to add as many characters as you wanted just by simply adding the model/sounds into the section but would adopt moves from a existing character, (you could change the sound and sprite to make it different, basically how you replace characters now) but have an option to select that model ingame,

wouldnt be the same thing but i think itd work just fine, and sicne it would use moves from a character already in the game, the other people wouldnt need the thing installed as it would just show the character that he was supposed to replace,

pretty pointless idea but its a inbetween of adding new characters and replacing them, i think it work for everybody, though i seriously doubt anything of the sort would be implemented, but more characters are coming in the next release, and so you will have more characters to replace with different models if you wanted to

Best answers
Navanax said:
The answer is simple. It's based on the SERIES of Dragonball Z.

*hopes he's right and hasn't made a fool out of himself* xD
You're on the ball. The game revolves around the Dragonball Z series timeline. Last time I checked or anybody else checked that was on the team, the movies as well as Dragonball GT and original Dragonball does not fall into the Dragonball Z series timeline category.

You can make the argument that the movies were Z based, which is true. But since when has any of the movies ever followed the Dragonball Z series timeline, besides the History of Trunks?

It's as simple as that people, there's no conspiracy behind it. Somebody stated that the decision was based on something...that was what it was based off of.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well im not trying to be bicker or anything but there were three movies that could possible been involved with the DBZ timeline

history of trunks
bardock father of goku
the dead zone

history of trunks explains the background of mirai trunks

bardock father of goku probably happened before the orginal dragonball started

garlic jr which happens between namek and mirai trunks would not be possible without the dead zone movie happening. the dead zone movie probably happened before radditz arrived on earth

ok, more useless knowledge for everyone =p

Best answers
if you ask me... i don't care about timeline, and if esf should have movie chars why don't make some of them (like brolly) weaker so everybody has own attacks but are not too strong to be beaten example: brolly has lot of defense so why not give him more defense but less health... well... esf team doesn't want to put movie chars/attacks in esf so it will be that way ... but i know esf will be much better if there are some movie things in it...if i were the boss :p :]

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
the team can say what they want, there will be a time that the game doesn't get played anymore becours of the limmit's.
there are a lot of dbz mod's and this is the only one that has this limmit, even dmz has movie char's and not to forget bfp.

trunks movie can't be in becours it's already in(future trunks is in) and there are more movie's that are in the time line.
the cooler movie can fit betwean the trunks saga and the android saga, and the bojack movie in the 7 jears that cell is dead.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
the team can say what they want, there will be a time that the game doesn't get played anymore becours of the limmit's.
there are a lot of dbz mod's and this is the only one that has this limmit, even dmz has movie char's and not to forget bfp.

trunks movie can't be in becours it's already in(future trunks is in) and there are more movie's that are in the time line.
the cooler movie can fit betwean the trunks saga and the android saga, and the bojack movie in the 7 jears that cell is dead.
... come on, that's just total bull****... ESF is the most popular DBZ-based mod, to my knowledge.
Other mods may have things that ESF doesn't, but ESF also has things those other mods don't.

Also, if people want other characters so badly, they can just replace models, sprites and sounds and nobody's gonna notice the difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom