Why Dislike DBZ

Best answers
Hah! You've got a totally wrong point!

I guess it's for the "you shouldn't be discussing this sort of things", huh? Well I didn't think that I have to be explaining it, but I meant that it really has no sense to be comparing DBZ with GT or other animes, it even has no sense to talk of DBZ as a bad anime serie.. so please keep your "want-to-calm-down-people" intentions in your pocket.

Best wishes.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
Warning for GFK ^_^

I hate anime all together, I'm here for the community, and the game is fun :p

I used to watch DBZ, never went out of my way to watch it, it was just...weird.

"hehe, I'll tell you this story of my life and then we'll fight"

"omg okie sinc eI'm ev0l and stuff I'll let you tell the story and devise a plan to get stronger because I love challenges"

"Lol!!111 hail to the saiyan race you fool!!"

"Kamehameha lol"

"damn I died, but I came back to life"

"5 minutes and I'll kill you"

"lol this took 10 episodes for 5 minutes!!!!"

Best answers
Maistro said:
Heyzz

If you read through the thread about wich was the best fight in all DB Trilogy , more then haff seem to write down DBZ sucks and GT doesnt i myself find this very weird since DBGT was based on DBZ and in my appinion is allot better then GT fighting and story wise , why do you people ( refers to people in best fight thread ) hate DBZ explain this to me

I like Dragonball Gt Better, because its shorter, and it gets straight to the point much faster than dbz does and the sagas arent as long either with only 64 eps tops and it kinda for watever reason gave me the dragonball feel much more than dbz did, because lets face it, dbz fighting was much better than dragonballs as well as Gt but dragonball and dragonball gt are around the same level in that area and there both much funnier than dbz.

You say dbz fighting and storyline in your oppion are much better than GT"s, but thats your oppion right and well i just think Dbgt is better i guess.

(Sorry if what i said dont make sense but hey watever i just like gt better overall :] )

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
sgtpepper said:
Hah! You've got a totally wrong point!

I guess it's for the "you shouldn't be discussing this sort of things", huh? Well I didn't think that I have to be explaining it, but I meant that it really has no sense to be comparing DBZ with GT or other animes, it even has no sense to talk of DBZ as a bad anime serie.. so please keep your "want-to-calm-down-people" intentions in your pocket.

Best wishes.
is it just me or did that make no sense at all?
o_O

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
GFK keep it on topic or don't post at all, heres the second warning, one more for another 2 week vacation for you.

Best answers
Sakura said:
I like Dragonball Gt Better, because its shorter, and it gets straight to the point much faster than dbz does and the sagas arent as long either with only 64 eps tops and it kinda for watever reason gave me the dragonball feel much more than dbz did, because lets face it, dbz fighting was much better than dragonballs as well as Gt but dragonball and dragonball gt are around the same level in that area and there both much funnier than dbz.

You say dbz fighting and storyline in your oppion are much better than GT"s, but thats your oppion right and well i just think Dbgt is better i guess.

(Sorry if what i said dont make sense but hey watever i just like gt better overall :] )

Actually that made perfect Sense, gt did kinda get straight to the point faster than dbz and it was much shorter with only 64 or watever eps as dbz pulled over 200 and got boring after the android saga , dbz shouldve ended at the frezia saga, on the other hand gt fighting wasnt near the fighting of dbz except maybe the begining where goku fought ubb, anyway dbgt was funny and it gave me more of the orignal db feel as well so i agree with post i just like it gt better and thats my two cents :tired:

KDS

Best answers
i just enjoy the fighting in dbz much better there is much more suspense and i love when they talk it builds the suspense. Here are the reasons i dislike dbgt you guys post your reasons also, or reasons you like it.

1.goku is a kid
2.trunks is dressed retarded
3.gohans character got screwed up
4.vegetas not very ruthless
5.vegetas hair just not as cool
6.krillin is old and useless
7.pan just annoys me
8.the music no good
9.from what ive seen of dbgt wheres roshi O_O
they always used to be at roshis house now they always
up on that lookout.

thats all i can think of for now.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Here's why I think people hate DBZ:

The same reason mall goths hate pop music. Because it's just what Anime Elitists do.

Personally I like the metaphorical approach to interpreting Z's storyline...it mirrors a lot of my life, what with all the fighting, needing to become stronger, etc.

I also very much despise the japanese version. I think the people who claim it superior are again Anime Elitists. And any kind of elitist should have their balls ground into a fine powder, as far as I'm concerned, cause it's just hating on a whole new level of lameness.

Best answers
Why DBGT Is good

Fighting Dosent Last Long
Goku turns Chibi again (hes so cute ^^)
Pan plays a bigger role and shes the only sayain girl ever(that ive seen atleast)
Goten & Trunks Are Older And More Mature (Notice goten is a ladys man and trunks seems alot more smarter and mature than the one from the future)
SSJ 4 Goku is in it
The Rebirth of Gogeta
Ubb Played a bigger role in this one
Android 18 made his Return
Frezza made a return
Nappa made a Return
Cell Made a Return
Empor Pillaf Made and Apperance
Piccilo was a Weakling like he shouldve been in dbz
And it was much more funnier than dbz
The Into Was Simply Brillant ill Take Dan Dan over Rock The Dragon any day

Bad Things About Gt

Videl is not as Active as she was in DBZ
Bulla Aka Bra isnt much of a fighter at all
Future trunks clothing was much better
Gotens Haircut
The fighting wasnt as exciting as dbz
Supreme and Kabito Kai are still in it
Master Roshi is still alive
andriod 18 isnt as hardcore as she use to be
marron isnt much of a fighter as well and is just obssed with shopping
krillin is old
no gotenks
No Kaokiken
Only 64 eps long

Well thats it for me so overall i still like dbgt much better than dbz..

Best answers
Kagome said:
Why DBGT Is good

Fighting Dosent Last Long
Goku turns Chibi again (hes so cute ^^)
Pan plays a bigger role and shes the only sayain girl ever(that ive seen atleast)
Goten & Trunks Are Older And More Mature (Notice goten is a ladys man and trunks seems alot more smarter and mature than the one from the future)
SSJ 4 Goku is in it
The Rebirth of Gogeta
Ubb Played a bigger role in this one
Android 18 made his Return
Frezza made a return
Nappa made a Return
Cell Made a Return
Empor Pillaf Made and Apperance
Piccilo was a Weakling like he shouldve been in dbz
And it was much more funnier than dbz
The Into Was Simply Brillant ill Take Dan Dan over Rock The Dragon any day

Bad Things About Gt

Videl is not as Active as she was in DBZ
Bulla Aka Bra isnt much of a fighter at all
Future trunks clothing was much better
Gotens Haircut
The fighting wasnt as exciting as dbz
Supreme and Kabito Kai are still in it
Master Roshi is still alive
andriod 18 isnt as hardcore as she use to be
marron isnt much of a fighter as well and is just obssed with shopping
krillin is old
no gotenks
No Kaokiken
Only 64 eps long

Well thats it for me so overall i still like dbgt much better than dbz..
Agree with all the above and the only thing u forgot is, DBGT had no movies whatsoever which it shouldve and all it had was a TV Special which was pretty good basically better than any dbz movie from 1 up to movie 4 :paper:

Best answers
I was sad that it was short, i personally think Gt had alot of potential espically since it had no magna to start with, if they wouldve let progressed longer before compaing it to dbz -_- it would probally have became just as Popular but that just my oppion not a fact.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
Here's why I think people hate DBZ:

The same reason mall goths hate pop music. Because it's just what Anime Elitists do.

Personally I like the metaphorical approach to interpreting Z's storyline...it mirrors a lot of my life, what with all the fighting, needing to become stronger, etc.

I also very much despise the japanese version. I think the people who claim it superior are again Anime Elitists. And any kind of elitist should have their balls ground into a fine powder, as far as I'm concerned, cause it's just hating on a whole new level of lameness.
Hm.. I'd say that the real (as in, japanese) version of any anime is superior to it's dubbed counterpart.

Not because "It's Japanese," because it's what the author's artistic vision really was.

Just like I'd recommend American movies in English over their German dubs. Surely you understand. It's not always about elitism.

As for GT.. that person a few posts up got it completely backwards.

The only good point about GT is that it ended so quickly, without even further butchering the reputation of a respected anime.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
The only good point about GT is that it ended so quickly, without even further butchering the reputation of a respected anime.

Even Though what u just said was truely a fact, i seem to still cant helping thinking that it was better than dbz and that it was nowhere butchering it but watever its all oppion and a matter of taste.

But i was abit confuse Alea, You say its a respected anime, but ive seen some threads where the subject was simlar to this and seem some of ur post about how DBZ isnt real anime and how its garbage or watever compared to other animes, if thats the case, then how and why is it respected?? :confused:

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I agree with Alea and Pride here. DBZ wasn't the first anime that I saw, but it was still great, and still is. People put the story down, and say that there's no story at all, but there is. It may not be complex, it doesn't suprise you much, but that doesn't make it bad at all. Consider the ambition of the anime you're watching. DBZ's ambition is to be a badass action/fighting anime.. and it was successful in reaching that ambition. Most people just expect too much from it. Take Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid for example, was that story too complex? No, It was about a gang of bandits that robbed banks/trains, but it was an awesome movie, and is considered a great classic now.

KDS

Best answers
well for one ssj4 is the bomb but its just that the entire db/dbz/dbgt series can only go so far in my opinion i mean the powerlevels are just getting crazy thats one reason i dislike dbgt is that the powerlevels are so friggin huge like fatbuu is considered weak
now, it can only go so far thats one reason i liked the earlier episodes of dbz when they fought more melee then just shootin giant beams at one another.

Best answers
KDS said:
well for one ssj4 is the bomb but its just that the entire db/dbz/dbgt series can only go so far in my opinion i mean the powerlevels are just getting crazy thats one reason i dislike dbgt is that the powerlevels are so friggin huge like fatbuu is considered weak
now, it can only go so far thats one reason i liked the earlier episodes of dbz when they fought more melee then just shootin giant beams at one another.

Yea thats true they can only go so far and yea i think ssj4 kinda over did it in most areas and ssj 3 in dbz seemed much stronger anyway but i still prefere gt over dbz i just like it better myself.

Boy im glad that some people can post decent reasons without flaming someone on account of there oppion like in that best fight thread :S

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The problem with these people is that 90% of everybody believes that DragonBallZ "came out" when the anime started airing in the US.

DragonBallZ ENDED in early 1996. 8 years ago was when the Buu season -ended.-

DragonBallZ and Sailor Moon are the only animes (Well, besides Sazae-san and Chibi Maruko chan) that a gigantic % of the population watched.

Anime isn't mainstream in Japan, most people don't watch it. Most people read manga, though.

Anyway, the point is--DBZ and Sailormoon, while not as highly revered today, at least in the US, set the stage for almost every anime you sit here smirking and consider to be "better."

Almost every energy attack you see in any anime, is emulated after what Toriyama Akira envisioned.

People who say it's a "recycled plot" and it's "repetitive," they definitely were not at the time. DBZ and SM had the biggest anime followings in Japan's history (again, besides Sazae-san and Chibi Maruko-chan, which aren't really anime--they're just animated shows).

DBZ was fresh, it was new, and people were excited to see every episode.

That's why it's respected, even though by TODAY's standards, the plot-type is old.

People compare Naruto to DBZ all the time. What sense does that make? Naruto is less than two years old. DBZ came out more than 10 YEARS ago, more then half of most of your lifetimes.

There's no reason to HATE DBZ, because even if you don't like it as much as some other animes, you can be sure if it's an action anime it took example in many ways from DBZ.

Sorry for rambling, but I hope at least one more person understands why DBZ, while not the best anime, should be respected nonetheless.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I know. It's sad when people are complaining about something whose story was written in the middle of the 1980's. (DBZ's manga.)

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
From the beginning of Dragonball to the first death of Frieza was the best part. Then they played transformation fest till the Buu Saga.

I still to this day wish that DBZ was never a trademark name... only Dragonball... and it included the up to the Frieza Saga with Goku dying as the finale. (Vegeta too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom