Why Dislike DBZ

Best answers
Heyzz

If you read through the thread about wich was the best fight in all DB Trilogy , more then haff seem to write down DBZ sucks and GT doesnt i myself find this very weird since DBGT was based on DBZ and in my appinion is allot better then GT fighting and story wise , why do you people ( refers to people in best fight thread ) hate DBZ explain this to me

Best answers
Because it is repeditive with little to no story and there are over 200 episodes just to name a few reasons.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, you see..

Many of these people discovered anime through DragonBallZ.

They liked it, perhaps they even loved it.

Then they got into the "more exotic" types of anime--actual Japanese, subtitled anime. As they watch more and more of it, they begin to realize how inferior DBN is in many ways--storyline, animation, so much filler..

They realize that while they once thought DragonBallZ was good, compared to other things which aren't so "tainted" by companies like Funimation, are much better.

I don't think it's that so many people HATE it, it's just nothing in comparison to some other stuff.

I don't particulary agree with this mindset, as the first time I saw DBZ was in Japan. *shrug* But it's what these people seem to have experienced.

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Well, you see..

Many of these people discovered anime through DragonBallZ.

They liked it, perhaps they even loved it.

Then they got into the "more exotic" types of anime--actual Japanese, subtitled anime. As they watch more and more of it, they begin to realize how inferior in many ways--storyline, animation, not so much filler..

They realize that while they once thought DragonBallZ was good, compared to other things which aren't so "tainted" by companies like Funimation, are much better.

I don't think it's that so many people HATE it, it's just nothing in comparison to some other stuff.

I don't particulary agree with this mindset, as the first time I saw DBZ was in Japan. *shrug* But it's what these people seem to have experienced.
That sums up my feelings about DBZ n a nutshell. I really don't hate it but there are so many irritating things about it that I could discuss for hours.

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1m4 0wn y0 455 said:
i think a better question is why not hate dbz?
Because you shouldn't hate things by default? You should have reasons to hate something, not reasons to NOT hate something.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Because you shouldn't hate things by default? You should have reasons to hate something, not reasons to NOT hate something.
have you ever watched an episode of dbz?

Best answers
Well ive seen plenty of Anime ( Trigun / Gundam Wing / Gundam Seed / Naruto / Hunter X Hunter / Full Metal Alchemist / Kenshin etc ) and its true anime like Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist or Hunter X Hunter are allot better then DBZ in many ways ( Naruto is my favorite anime atm ) but i still enjoyed watching DBZ , and i see no reason to dislike dbz just because there animes out there that are allot better right now , but at the time when i watched it it was the coolest thing there was and the fact remains DBZ is the only real ANIME thats aired all over the world

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, it's become a sort of counter-culture trend on the forum.

Kinda like how people spam "OMG AOL SUCKS! HAHAHAHAA STUPID AOLer!"

Now it's "OMG DBZ SUCKS, EXCEPT WE'RE IN A FORUM FOR A GAME BASED ON IT!!!!shift+1111!!!!!one!!!1"

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SailorAlea said:
Well, it's become a sort of counter-culture trend on the forum.

Kinda like how people spam "OMG AOL SUCKS! HAHAHAHAA STUPID AOLer!"

Now it's "OMG DBZ SUCKS, EXCEPT WE'RE IN A FORUM FOR A GAME BASED ON IT!!!!shift+1111!!!!!one!!!1"
or maybe you're just an idiot.

i dont hope on the bandwagon... i f*ckin drive it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Look out kids. Internet toughguy on the loose.

Best answers
GhostfaceKillah said:
i just hate anime in general... why am i here then?
Precisely. This thread is comparing dbz to other anime, so if you dont like anime at all, why are you here?

I know there is better anime than dbz, but I cant see how a sane person could like gt better. They really screwed up without toriyama.

Also a lot of people are always saying that "theres too much talking and powering up in dbz, I like naruto better because theres less of that" well I like naruto better too but in every anime theres always heaps of talking and junk, or flashbacks in narutos case. It just annoys me when people say that.

Best answers
Well.. my opinion on DBZ is simple. it sucks.. BUT! Aha there is a but. i DO think that fights (when there not screaming or dying there hair gold that is) are massive. I mean, wtf i shoot a ray at you that destroys planets wheee. I can shoot a huge ass energy beam at you. I get so mad that i collect all my strength and shoot a final flash at your green bish ass.

I mean, that kinda stuff is just cool. DBZ sucks cuz it has all thoos lose ends and the story is weak. its NOTHING compaired too FullMetal Alchemist or Furi Curi. But the fights = wheee. Fun too watch.

KDS

Best answers
ghostfacekillah no need to spam.GhostFaceKillah you have said no useful comments to the discussion at all, if you want to carry on the conversation then you should at least post some comments that are partially educated posts. I know you are probably just going to spam me but if you want to argue about this subject then try and argue it intellegently.

(i should be and admin) :laff: J/K o_o

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I liked it because of how the villians looked :0.

But yes, it is repeditive.

"Oh noes! I sense a huge powerlevel! It is stronger than I ever felt before the other powerlevel 10 episodes ago that I thought was the strongest in the universe but this episode is repeditive and has to last a long time or the public will hate us and we won't get any funding and funimation will be shut down and that guy is just really really strong! Ohhh!!"

Best answers
Man.. thought this people here can call themselves DBZ fans since they're playing a mod based in that anime. But I was so wrong (or THEY ARE SO WRONG?).. you know despite the sh** you can tell about this anime we the people who know what is good and mantains certain fidelity with spectators will always love DBZ.

GT is a totally commercial product which hasn't the sensei Toriyama's style or storyboard, you shouldn't be discussing this sort of things.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
KDS said:
ghostfacekillah no need to spam.GhostFaceKillah you have said no useful comments to the discussion at all, if you want to carry on the conversation then you should at least post some comments that are partially educated posts. I know you are probably just going to spam me but if you want to argue about this subject then try and argue it intellegently.

(i should be and admin) :laff: J/K o_o
how bout u ban me?

oh wait............ ur just a lil ******* wanna be mod.... stfu... that post wasnt intelligent... it had no relation to the topic at hand? why post it?

on topiC: well the main reason why i dont like anime is mostly because of the rediculously stupid and repetitive storylines

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom