Which console is best to buy?

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Jonesdaniel said:
Theres loads of good shooting games on the x-box too, such as Halo and Rainbow Six 3 (especially online. If your considering online play too, i highly recommend the x-box over the others, since it seems to be of a higher standard and more popular than ps2 online)
PS2 did have two of the greatest exclusives ever, GTA3 and Vice City, but they're on x-box now =/
halo is easy and rainbow six 3 sux on the xbox.
xbox is more an fighting console, even the first game on the xbox is an fighting game.
btw, halo is also for the pc and(what i saw) on the ps2 to.
and i agree whit the saving room.
the ps2 and the gc has somekind of a max. of 500 blocks, while the xbox has 5.000.000 blocks(i think) so there is mutch save room for games.
there was a test of that on tv, let's give resuld's.

#1. xbox
#2. gamecube
#3. playstation2

don't flame on me for that, it's a real resuld from the game con.
so now you know, good luck guy's

Best answers
Wow, this a time when i disagree with the wise cuc. I love the xbox. I used to have a gc but i gave it away to my litttle sister because it is so awful. Graphics arent the best and the games are generally aimed towards children. The only good game on it is SSBM and Zelda. The ps2 is...ok, but it lacks many things that the xbox has. A major thing for me is four player play because i have three brothers. And the xbox's controllers are emtremely comfortable if you get the smaller version where the jewel doesn't take up 40% of the controller. Xbox live is incredible on xbox too, and i just won 12 months free :p. So get an Xbox or maybe a ps2, but run away from the Gamecube!

Good Games on Xbox:
Espn Football and Basketball
Ncaa Football
Crimson Skies
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Halo and soon the almighty Halo2
Soul Caliber is a good fighting game (if you're a fighting game fan)
Fusion Frenzy...is well not the best game at all but if you have 4 ppl and 10$(thats how much it costs) it can bring plenty of fun :p
I'm positive that i have forgotten some good titles but those are a few of my favs.

Hope my...uhh review helps.

Best answers
Cucumba said:
Good, then you won't mind buying it when it's the only system, when it costs $400 and never comes down, and they determine what games you can and can't play. Oh yeah, and you'll have fond memories when it single handedly kills console gaming forever.
Err, bought it for $200 sumthin,

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
niobe said:
halo is easy and rainbow six 3 sux on the xbox.
xbox is more an fighting console, even the first game on the xbox is an fighting game.
Guess you haven't played either online, or on a higher difficulty level, because Halo is by no means at all easy ! Legendary mode is close to impossible, and Rainbow Six 3 is one of the best games out (the most popular x-box live game)
Mr.Jones thinks you don't know what your talking about.
Of course, all opinion. I've never been a fan of beat 'em ups, but as i've said look at the games you like. Soul Calibur 2 is ment to be really good, and thats on X-box and PS2. The choice is yours.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I also forgot the network adapter, that's also saved money so to speak.

And Halo is probobly never coming out for the PS2. That'd be like the PS2 giving away Final Fantasy or something. It's like their trump card.

As well... Halo easy? -Clearly- you never played legendary.

Yet despite the technical advantages and the "Oooo emmm geeee HALO!!!" effect, I still like the PS2 better. I just find more quality games come out for it. Maybe Xbox will catch up. Right now PS2 wins over in that department though; more games, better games. Xbox people get something strange and new now and then, like Halo and Ninja Gaiden, jump all on it, raise it over Mount Olympus... but it's still just two games. Many more quality games are coming out every month for the PS2.

Best answers
Jonesdaniel said:
Soul Calibur 2 is ment to be really good, and thats on X-box and PS2. The choice is yours.
Its actually on Gamecube as well, and if you look around its the best version out of the 3 since it has the best exclusive character.

Oh and I noticed something, nearly everything thats on xbox is on pc anyway :rolleyes:

Best answers
1 word, MICROSOFT. of course its gonna have its games on pc because it is basically a smaller version of a pc, even though its still huge!!! and you gotta give nintendo credit considering how small but powerfull the GC is.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
dreamcast and sega saturn

they may not have been popular here but the dc had arcade perfect ports for fighting games. had online capabilitys and the online was free.

and sega saturn well the potential of this system was far beyond playstation. take a look at virtual fighter 2 and then look at battle arena toshinden. the graphical difference is just astounding. the saturn owned for graphics aswell as games if u imported them

Best answers
Cucumba said:
I personally have a PS2, because I had a PS1 and I liked the idea of out of the box DVD. If you don't put your PS2 vertical, your drive will last longer, also, knowing the tape trick is essential to adding life to your PS2.

I will be getting a GC soon, the XBox is out of the question.

When I have decent gaming comp, and PS2 and GC for platformers, who needs an XBox? The Xbox is a poision that will kill gaming should it ever gain dominance in the market. Nobody likes being MicroSlaves for PC, would you like that for your console platforms too?

GC and PS2 are more than adequate in the graphics department, I'm more interested in gameplay, and Xbox's controller is very uncomfy.
-Simply Marvelous..*I'm in awe...I thought you to be the type that would talk down PS2 and say "X-box has the best graphics..so it must be the best:p"...apparently I was wrong and owe you an apology..atleast thats how I see it*

-I just wish Doom 3 would come out for PS2..Not that it matters..Elliott is my PC/X-box "hook-up" and I'm his "Anime/PS2" "hook-up"..no Gamecube for us...I like to call this arrangement...the "Total Package" *like Lex Lugur, WCWdays*

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
USSJ5 Goku said:
Err, bought it for $200 sumthin,
I'm not talking about now . . . did you even read my argument . . no, and it shows.

And big VEE, if you thought that, you clearly know nothing about me.

Best answers
LoL well no matter what anyones opinion of Halo, it doesnt change the fact its a classic now. For a console shooter its the best thing available (though that doesnt say much...Console shooters bite).

Now i play sports mainly on consoles,,,just because i find the larger screen and controllers make it more fun (im too lazy to run a cable from my computer to my tv and get a controller for my comp, like that set up always runs perfectly anyways). PS2 has the best controller for sports games, but the Box has much better graphics and their new controllers arnt bad at all (The mad Catz super small controller is nice too). I have Fight Night 2004 and NFL Street and i prefer both on the Box.

Gamecube is ok....but its 3rd party support isnt as good as the PS2s and its graphics arnt as good as the Boxs (i dont like the controller much either) but its got the Power of games developed by Nintendo and its cheaper then sin.

All 3 have their pros and cons.

Best answers
And for all of you saying that Soul Caliber is better on Gamecube because of link? You've obviously never heard of the badass that is Spawn(not saying i dont like link, he owns, but he's not quite as badass and also ps2s exclusive character is ****in lame). Plus all you need is Kilik anyway :D.

So comon' Reptile, what did you buy??!1!?11/?!/

*cough* Xbox *cough*

Best answers
Biggest Xbox titles to come...

Doom III
Half-life 2 (or so i hear)
Halo 2

:X whether or not you like shooting games on consoles is irrelivant! xbox wins cause it has those 3 games >_O and cause i said so... get xbox!

Retired
Best answers
Cucumba said:
Good, then you won't mind buying it when it's the only system, when it costs $400 and never comes down, and they determine what games you can and can't play. Oh yeah, and you'll have fond memories when it single handedly kills console gaming forever.

I really would see that happening to any gaming platform that is the only one on the market though, that's not just a microsoft approach, anyone without competition would raise a high price. even sony.

/me rememberes the 1200 euro price of ps2 when it came out.

Best answers
Cucumba said:
I'm not talking about now . . . did you even read my argument . . no, and it shows.

And big VEE, if you thought that, you clearly know nothing about me.
-Maybe I did..maybe I didn't..I'll go find out.
-Maybe next time..they'll be no "next time"...*that was the last time for me*
-Was I supposed to...hahahahahahahaha *don't you just love how I don't use "lol" anymore...*

Cheeto101 said:
LoL well no matter what anyones opinion of Halo, it doesnt change the fact its a classic now. For a console shooter its the best thing available (though that doesnt say much...Console shooters bite).

Now i play sports mainly on consoles,,,just because i find the larger screen and controllers make it more fun (im too lazy to run a cable from my computer to my tv and get a controller for my comp, like that set up always runs perfectly anyways). PS2 has the best controller for sports games, but the Box has much better graphics and their new controllers arnt bad at all (The mad Catz super small controller is nice too). I have Fight Night 2004 and NFL Street and i prefer both on the Box.

Gamecube is ok....but its 3rd party support isnt as good as the PS2s and its graphics arnt as good as the Boxs (i dont like the controller much either) but its got the Power of games developed by Nintendo and its cheaper then sin.

All 3 have their pros and cons.
<!-- / message -->
Very nicely put Cheeto101..a true ":yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes: 5 out of 5......on the "Magmus Scale"

TO: ESFforum members
*Arnold's voice: first..I would just like to get to know you..I'm going to ask you a bunch of questions...And I want to have them answered immediately...*

-I see the face of God in every child...how about you Cucumba?

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wow, dude, Big VEE, your posts are always borderline spammy. Just like this one. You'll get a warning. Try to be more on topic from now on :warning:

Best answers
Deman said:
Wow, dude, Big VEE, your posts are always borderline spammy. Just like this one. You'll get a warning. Try to be more on topic from now on :warning:
I know Deman..Optimus just told me..I agreed to tone the stuff down to a minimum. "Borderline Spammy"...nice.

-PS2 is the greatness...X-box is cool...Gamecube...........PC's are...well PC's.
Goodnight/day.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Amitron said:
So comon' Reptile, what did you buy??!1!?11/?!/

*cough* Xbox *cough*
yup i bought a xbox, i would like to thank you guys for sharing your opinions with me, i appreciate it.

/me wubs j00 all

topspin and dead or alive 3 are my games untill now. though those games are more fun playing eachother.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom