Which console is best to buy?

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hi guys, i´m about to buy a console like playstation2 xbox or another.
but i dont really have experiance with them,
so what would be (in your oppinion) the best to buy.
money isnt an issue, just want to know which one´s are easier in use, have better games on them and so on.

Best answers
im a solid PS2 player...

as it runs PS1 games and it has the biggest fanbase...

id recomend a PS2...

but i have had some foun recently on my M8's Gamecube...

But i definatly recomend a Playstation 2 :laff:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
do you also happen to know what the costs of games is for them? i mean are ps2 games cheaper/more expensive/equal then let say xbox games?
or dont u know

Best answers
It depends what type of games you like, Ive got a Gamecube and I love it, Budokai loads about 20 times faster than the PS version and looks twice as good (even though it took a year longer to release). Id recommend probably a playstation, because I like them and most people prefer them, but I like Gamecubes better, better controller, faster games etc.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
mainly i would be playing fighting games, i´m not fond of console shooters, thats because i got used to using my keyboard and mouse.
but i do like splitscreen action, like racing

whehehe funny magus
|
|
|
|
\/

Best answers
but if money i sno object id say buy 1 of each :laff:

Retired
Best answers
lets all hope this does not turn into a fanboy flamefest ;)

i'd recommend an xbox, because it has the best graphics and is the most powerfull. it's true that there are a lot more games for the PS2 and the games are overall cheaper.

it's really about what you want, if you want to play online with a console, Xbox Live is definatly the best option. also if you want power and good looking games, xbox is your best choice. (there are a lot of good games coming out on xbox eg, Halo 2, Fable etc,)

if you want more games and cheaper games, but less good looking. you should get a PS2. also if you have had a PS1, i'd take a PS2 because you can run PS1 games on the ps2.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
K judge (bedankt :smile: ) thx

i was aiming for an xbox myself, but i wanted to hear more oppinions.
i´ll just follow this thread a little longer to see what arguements are brought in.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i got a ps2 and a cube (well, amongst others that is...) and they both have a different feel to them really, gamecube games have a more "solid" feel to them, while ps2 tends to go for the more realistic feel, but what it comes down to in the end is what games u wanna play...
Im not sure about the x-box though, having never owned one... it had a rough start but seems to be doing well now.

do you also happen to know what the costs of games is for them?
atm id say that ps2 games are generally the cheapest on release... most cube games on release can be highly priced. Allthought with the ps2, u also got a large back catalog of games, as well as anything u fancy from the good old playstation.

My advice is to go to a game site and just seing what games u want, or just like the look of.

*edit* the ps2 online is great stuff as well btw, its free, now seems to be bug free (other than fifa 2004... snarl...) and is a great laugh.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
heh, ps2 is ahead of the competion as far as good games go, not to mention alot of the good ones are only 20 bucks now,

though xbox is the powerhouse of the 3 major systems out there, it lacks good games, theres only 2 or 3 worth buying, (though with halo 2 coming i dunno what to expect),

if youonly got the money for one id say a ps2, though ps2s dont last very long, mine no longer reads anything but dvd format playstation 2 games, xboxs though las a lil longer, (unless you got one of the old ones with the faulty HD, the newer ones dont have that problem) not sure of sony ahs fixed thier newest ps2's

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
my nefiews got one of the new ps2's while i seem to have the only original one that has yet to go wrong... the new ones are awesome though, so much has been improved, and the fan is SO much quieter.

Best answers
i got a xbox myself...
all my bros play it n they dont really like computer games
they loved halo we played that for ages
xbox live is also cool
the only problem that i have with xbox is the amount of games
im still waiting for halo2 (n same with bout 10 other ppl i no with xboxs)
but if u really like playing console u should go for ps2 cos there is heaps of games
but if u'd like to play console online go for xbox its fun

*edit*
lucky u didnt make this a poll
:D

Best answers
I would buy a gamecube. It's the cheapest console, and the games are cheaper. Plus Nintendo has games such as: the legend of zelda, Metroid Prime and Mario games (*cough*cough* pokemon). The gamecube has many fantasy games. And personally I like this Genre. So it depends on what kind of games you want to play. Even tough I'm a nintendo fanboy ,I must admit that there is a shortage to so-called "realistic" Games on the Gamecube.
(It's time we get an Universal console ;) like the X gamestation or something)

Best answers
I have a Gamecube and up untill recently that was all I had, then I bought myself an xbox just after Xmas, and I really havent found myself buying that many games for it, I mean sure there was some must gets like KOTOR but since that I really havent "needed" to get another game..

Gamecube is solid though, FPS Always great, loading times (better then xbox or ps2 thats for sure) Spec wise its the 2nd most powerful out of the 3..and tbh you cant really see a difference between that and ps2..but it is
With games like Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2 (coming out with some killer multiplayer), Res Evil 0 - 4, Soul Calibur 2 (yes I know its multi format but the Gamecube version has the best exclusive character), Zelda Wind Waker (sure it might be for kids the cel shaded one, but if you get the bonus disc its worth playing OOT again)....the list goes on some good, some bad, ppl hate games, some like and so on.

I would advise getting the cube if you want some solid fun...if you want serious games Id go for maybe the xbox but then its the most expensive...games are about the same price for any console.

PS2 Ive never had, but ive played it and it is good, however the shape im not a big fan of...games are in good supply with games like Final Fantasy (which is on gamecube as well now so...) and Metal Gear Solid (also on GC now but as a Remake).

With a general rundown on consoles id say this

PS2 Would be great mix between GC and Xbox, however its clunky with FPS issues and loading times arent the best.

GC Is probably the best loading and has some of the best games around (yea not all the games are great but they have decent ones) and its fun for all.

Xbox would probably be for the serious gamer, however Its worth alot and I would rather get something cheaper for less money with more games.

Mystic DooBz

M
If you want to go with the variety of Games And Fan Based... PS2 Would prolly be the prefered choice... If you want a second computer... Buy an Xbox,Buy a mod chip, install windows/linux or whatever you want. Watch DVD's... Install emulators for other game systems and games *NES on Xbox...* You can Save games on HDD of the X box... PIMP it out with kool LED lights and what not. I'm going to Buy an Xbox because there's far more stuff to do with it :cool: :cool: :cool:

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i heard about a mod chip, what does that do, and do you know the costs of it?
and how the hell can you have 0 postcount? :D

**edit** jeah i never did visit off-topic since beginning this month, so that info is new to me :) thanx **edit**

Best answers
mod chip allows you to do whatever doobz just said. my old roommate had one and its well worth it. the only bad part about the mod chip is that you probably have to buy an HDD for it.

hmmmm, youve been a member of the forums since aug 02 but you still dont realize that posts from off topic dont count.

and uhh yeah, buy an xbox(mod it), or buy a ps2

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
bah, gamecube is teh pwnage. in my opinion it has the best graphics [Resident Evil, RE0]. But if you like anime PS2 is the way to go, since most animes they make games for come out on PS2, and if you want good graphics and the microsoft name..go for xbox, though im not a big fan.hard choice but you will make the right one :D.

Bolteh2

B
pc... consoles suck.. the end

pc has everything you can dream off.. all the games (even the games for consoles only) ahs inet, you can do schoolstuff on it and work on it...)

Best answers
Computer, You can upgrade it, go on the internet, and you wouldn't be able to play ESF at all without a computer(ssj_majin_buu told me to ay it, he sits beside me in the liberary)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom