Which console is best to buy?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have all 3 next gen consoles, and i must admit my personal favorite is the X-Box. Theres more than just 2-3 good games >.> especially if your going to get x-box live ! There are also a few good x-box games out for about £20 now.
I find there are alot of good games out for the PS2, but it is the least powerful, and the graphics are pretty naff on quite alot of games.
The Gamecube really lacked in my favorite types of games. The best games i played on that were Viewtiful Joe and F-Zero GX. I would personally consider it a gaming only console, and the majority of games revolve around entertaining the younger gamers out there.

KyoKusanagi

K
Still - if i had to choose between good graphics or good gameplay id go gameplay and im sure thats what won people over with the SNES and PS1.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, my pc is good enough
amd 64 3200
1024 mb corsair
radeon 9600 xt (could be better)

and i dont see a pc as a console.
for some reason i dont like the gamecube, dont know why.
xbox seem to have the upperhand in my mind, after that ps2.
guess its gonna be a xbox,
thank you guys for sharing your experience´s with me, i appreciate this

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yeah, nothing pisses off microsoft than BUYING an xbox, heh [/sarcasm]

Super Moderator
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
In my opinion;
PS2 has the best ratio of good games to bad games, and at being what, 4-5 years old? Can still compete in the graphics department.

Xbox has the best graphical capability and the most power, but that doesn't make it the best system. By that logic, you could say "a painting is good just because you used the best set of paints." (Maddox) In my opinion, Xbox's lineup is as exciting as the NBA Eastern Conference. The reasons? Partially because the Xbox hasn't been very attractive to the Japanese market (Which conains some of the most talented developers in the world.), compared to how many games companies ilke Capcom, Konami, and SNK have made for the PS2.

Gamecube, well, they do have some games I would buy, but majority of their games are still targetted at a younger generation, and it just cannot grab at my attention as much as a PS2.
Looks like I was too late, I couldn't save him from buying an Xbox.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well, i still havent decided :S, normally i would walk into a store buy something, and start thinking it over after i bought it. :\

Best answers
i got a gamecube and think it has really good controllers, excellent loading times, good games (such as the RE series and budokai is best on it, as well as SCII, windwaker, LOTR ROTK is good to, and lots more), as well as good graphics and its so puny you can stick it anywhere!!!!!! (well maybe not anywhere...) and ya imo it is the best for gameplay....buy one!! :D:D:D

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i'd say ps2, its got some sick online games, and the graphics arnt really that far behind those of xbox id say.

Best answers
I'd say PS2. But it's your opinion on what games you like.

🍂 Regular
Best answers
I'd say don't look at the console itself look at the games, ofcourse you can buy a X-Box but if there's only one or two games you are interested in it, well then it's a waste of money, so I should investigate first, just browse IGN or Gamespot abit and buy the console which has the games that most appeal to you.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well i'd like to try some dbz gamez, and offcourse any fighting gamez with cool 3d eyecandy and moves, i dont care about shooters, much.
i played a game where you stood on a rock, and you can kick someone off it, that one was nice. it was an xbox game though dont know the name of it

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That was probably Dead or Alive 3, and Dead or Alive 4 is online capable when it comes out !!

You also have Soul Calibur 2 for either PS2 or X-box, but Dead or Alive 3 is exclusive to x-box.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have an xbox but i wanna have a ps2 becours the final fantasy games are exclusive for the psx/ps2.(only ffvlll is avalible for the pc to)
if you wand a good shoot game then you can better have a ps2 but for the fighting games is the xbox better.
the gamecube is more for funny games like ssbm(super smash bros melee) or sonic.
so it's your choise to make.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Theres loads of good shooting games on the x-box too, such as Halo and Rainbow Six 3 (especially online. If your considering online play too, i highly recommend the x-box over the others, since it seems to be of a higher standard and more popular than ps2 online)
PS2 did have two of the greatest exclusives ever, GTA3 and Vice City, but they're on x-box now =/

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I personally have a PS2, because I had a PS1 and I liked the idea of out of the box DVD. If you don't put your PS2 vertical, your drive will last longer, also, knowing the tape trick is essential to adding life to your PS2.

I will be getting a GC soon, the XBox is out of the question.

When I have decent gaming comp, and PS2 and GC for platformers, who needs an XBox? The Xbox is a poision that will kill gaming should it ever gain dominance in the market. Nobody likes being MicroSlaves for PC, would you like that for your console platforms too?

GC and PS2 are more than adequate in the graphics department, I'm more interested in gameplay, and Xbox's controller is very uncomfy.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
USSJ5 Goku said:
Xbox pwns end of teh story.
Good, then you won't mind buying it when it's the only system, when it costs $400 and never comes down, and they determine what games you can and can't play. Oh yeah, and you'll have fond memories when it single handedly kills console gaming forever.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not sure if "fight the monopoly" is great logic for determining which console system is right for you as a user. Every time you buy an Xbox Microsoft loses money, it is the Xbox 2 that will earn them a proffit. I can't see them beating playstation at any point, whether or not people go out and get Xboxes to play Ninja Gaiden and Panzer Dragoon Orta. The PS2 isn't exactly dropping its price, either, so I'm not sure that the cost of the systems is a huge factor either.

Just find a few solid games you want and then pick the best system for those games.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Cuc, what is the "tape trick?"

X-box seems like a decent deal right now. I mean, I don't like Microsoft, but it basically contains ALL of the add-ons you'd normally have to buy a for a PS2. Xbox comes with it's own unlimited memory card ($20-$30 worth on PS2 for 15 slots?), it's own harddrive ($100 worth on PS2 for something that can't even save games...), 2 more controller slots (how much is a multi-tap again? $30?), and a -MUCH BETTER- online plan. It's true you can play Socom 2 and stuff for free but good games like say, FFXI completely rip you off.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom