When switching melee to off in middle game...

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
When you switch melee off in the middle of game, the melee still exists if they dont switch thier attack.

Example 1:
I decide everyone does beams, I switch melee to off and BOOM. A noobie just refuses to switch off of melee and uses it untill he dies by a beam.

Example 2: (I did this once)
If you have a menu where you can switch on and off melee quickly, you can start with melee off, then go to attack ki ball, then turn melee on, then switch to melee, then turn it off. Now you have melee while no one else does. No one can counteract you cause they dont have melee.

Situation 3:
Start with melee off. I am on the melee attack icon, I turn melee on and its a kiball. Easly fixed by siwtching attacks, but verry annonying.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yeah.. that was pretty annoying.. I was fighting people and noticed that everyone was using beams. after I died I could still select melee, but i shot ki balls. That was a wierd glitch :/

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
if you cut off melee from every player immediatly after switching it in console, the server could abuse that

bind k "mp_melee 0; mp_melee 1; weaponsolt 1"

press k during a melee fight ... then the server selected melee again and the opponet kiblast ...
I think it's good with deselecting or dieing

third situation ... blah ... just a minor bug

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That is what I said... fix it geez.

Youve ovusally never done this, so heres how it goes: People could abuse this, not server. IT would better if melee was cut off from everyone when the cvar changes, for the next melee:
Have it just finish off any combo it has then cut off all melee.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom