When did Vegeta go SSJ2?

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Reading the official manga yesterday, I read this part up, when goku and vegeta square off goku goes "sorry but im going to have to finish this quickly" and boom turns ssj2, his hair changes and lightning forms around him, vegeta smirks and says something like "I see, you're even stronger than gohan was against cell", goes boom and lighting forms around him then goku looks very shocked and says "maybe this wont be so easy". Imo vegeta definately knew how to go ssj2 before buu saga.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Or, he knew the Majin transformation gave him much more power, and that's how he knew he would be more powerful than Goku.

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I dont think so, you cant just know how to go ssj2 because of some powerup, you have to train towards it or get emmotionally triggered. Plus with the way vegeta acted while gohan fought dabura, it seems like he was very confident his power was greater than gohans was. SSJ2 is a huge boost in comparison to ssj. In 7 years goku learned ssj2 and ssj3, is it that hard to believe that vegeta who devoted every moment to training couldnt turn ssj2 after that time?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
I can't make that judgement for myself based on the Gohan VS Dabura fight, because I don't remember it well, it was years ago since I last saw DBZ, so I'll trust your judgement on that. x3

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
he says - "dabura is just toying with him, you know that kakkarot, i could finish this in 5 minutes if i wanted to" Plus, when i read the manga, it mentions nothing about majin increasing his power, just removing his compassion, it never refers to spopovich or anything.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Spopovich is anime filler?

Lol, I always did feel he felt really 'tacked-on'. Plus it doesn't really make sense for Babidi to control him with Majin, since he's not that powerful. ;O

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
The bit about him having increased power (the flashback with satan) isnt in the manga, all they say is "he isnt normal" - "he's got more power than he can control" or something.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe it wasn't that he had more power, but maybe it was due to the fact that the Majin transformation changes your state of mind. Maybe that's why he 'couldn't control' the power, as in, control it in such a way that you use it for good instead of evil.

It could have been a little translation error or misinterpretation. o:

Best answers
The Majin power was a channel through which Babidi had control over Vegeta. But, Vegeta's pride was too big to be controlled for a longer time and that's why Babidi failed in the end. I remember Vegeta saying: "You can take my body, you can take my soul, but you'll never take away my Saiyan pride" or something like that. Besides, Majin power is... well, a POWER in the first place that's why I think he became ssj2, thanks to majin. Maybe his power was so big he could instantly turn into ssj2, no matter how much or little he trained :eek:

Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Spopovich is anime filler?

Lol, I always did feel he felt really 'tacked-on'. Plus it doesn't really make sense for Babidi to control him with Majin, since he's not that powerful. ;O
That's why he killed him in the end lol

[S]

Retired Forum Staff
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
Best answers
Err moved to anime

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Andy011 said:
Maybe his power was so big he could instantly turn into ssj2, no matter how much or little he trained :eek:
Sayian transformations are triggered by thier emotional state, not how much power they have.

Again Davidskiwan is completely correct, I don't know why you people just don't listen to him.

With manga as a refrence all of this anime/speculation/guess work becomes pointless.

It can never be proved to be %100 fact, but given the information at hand it is far more likley vegeta could transform into ssj2 before being taken over by babidi- possibly years before.

Best answers
Well,theres where you wrong.Lol i'm getting this from the dubbed series.A quote came to my head when you said "Before he was controlled by Babidi"

Goku: I'm amazed Vegeta,these last 7 days at Other World I've been through the most intence training sections,but we're still completley even.I guess this whole time you've been pushing yourself harder then I have.

Vegeta:That may be true,I've pushed my self to the edge of my limits and beyond,but you've been born with a natural talent far beyond my own,no amount of training could close the gap between us.I realised that now,it was made painfully clear to me as I watched your fight with Babidis' monster.

---Da di da Goku Fights Yakon---

Vegeta: Imagine my shock,to see the undeiable truth,to see that how hard I tried,I would never be able to catch you,A warrior prince forever living in the shadow of a low level clown.

Vegeta: So thats when I secretly made up my mind

Goku: You mean you??...you FOOL!! You delebrity let yourself fall under Babid's spell.

Vegeta: Yes...,I saw the power of Babidi's magic at the......... *ETC Videl gets owned*

Vegeta: The peopel who had seen those fighters in the previous tournament didn't understand how they'd become so powerfull.But you and I know DONT WE.It was Babidi's magic,and I knew that what he's magic had done to those fighters it could also do to me!! I knew that if I knew that If i allowed myself to fall under his controll the difference in our powers would DISAPEAR!
I'm quite pleased with the results,even if they do come at a price.

There we go...it shows that Vegeta needed Babid's magic to go SSJ2

-GuZzie

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Tips for 14y/o boys who think they know everything:

.Guzzie. said:
...intence training sections...
...undeiable truth...
1.) When trying to make it appear as if you know what you're on about, spelling is important. No one will take you seriously if you can't even spell.

2.) My second and final tip, when you are not correct do not try to appear that you are- you look stupid.

The only thing you've managed to prove is that according to the Dubbed Anime (which is totally inconsistent and unreliable) the majin 'power up' may have given vegeta some amount of power.

Best answers
Yup,I got it from the Dubbed series...well if theres no reason for how Vegeta got his power,then we might as well get it from the dubbed :D

-GuZzie

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
.Guzzie. said:
Yup,I got it from the Dubbed series...well if theres no reason for how Vegeta got his power,then we might as well get it from the dubbed :D

-GuZzie
He went ssj2 because he trained for seven years straight.
Look at that, the great mystery is solved.

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Guzzie, in response to your earlier 'Majin Vegeta vs. Goku' quotes from the FUNi dub; Majin Vegeta was in fact stronger than any ordinary Super Saiyan 2. Without Babadi he wouldn't have been as powerful but he would've still been a Super Saiyan 2. Goku, on the other hand, was also dead so you have to consider the advantage Goku would've had over Vegeta had he not been possessed.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta know how to go to SSJ2 but in the fight whit KidBuu he never go SSJ 2 why it's the real question

β˜… Black Lounger β˜…
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
.Guzzie. said:
Well,theres where you wrong.Lol i'm getting this from the dubbed series.A quote came to my head when you said "Before he was controlled by Babidi"

Goku: I'm amazed Vegeta,these last 7 days at Other World I've been through the most intence training sections,but we're still completley even.I guess this whole time you've been pushing yourself harder then I have.

Vegeta:That may be true,I've pushed my self to the edge of my limits and beyond,but you've been born with a natural talent far beyond my own,no amount of training could close the gap between us.I realised that now,it was made painfully clear to me as I watched your fight with Babidis' monster.

---Da di da Goku Fights Yakon---

Vegeta: Imagine my shock,to see the undeiable truth,to see that how hard I tried,I would never be able to catch you,A warrior prince forever living in the shadow of a low level clown.

Vegeta: So thats when I secretly made up my mind

Goku: You mean you??...you FOOL!! You delebrity let yourself fall under Babid's spell.

Vegeta: Yes...,I saw the power of Babidi's magic at the......... *ETC Videl gets owned*

Vegeta: The peopel who had seen those fighters in the previous tournament didn't understand how they'd become so powerfull.But you and I know DONT WE.It was Babidi's magic,and I knew that what he's magic had done to those fighters it could also do to me!! I knew that if I knew that If i allowed myself to fall under his controll the difference in our powers would DISAPEAR!
I'm quite pleased with the results,even if they do come at a price.

There we go...it shows that Vegeta needed Babid's magic to go SSJ2

-GuZzie

Thats never in the manga or japanese script, because goku calls Vegeta's bluff, infact it was vegeta protecting his pride because he didnt want to admit that somebody could take control of him. In the manga the conversation is about removing his compassion, and how glad he didnt care about bulma and trunks anymore, Goku says something along the lines of "are you sure about that?" with a smirk on his face which is what actually sparks of vegeta's lines about his saiyajin pride.

Read the original version before you think you know what happens.

He did go ssj2 against kid buu in the manga (lightning and stuff) wasnt shown in the anime though.

Beta Tester Squad
βœ”οΈ HL Verified
πŸš‚ Steam Linked
πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
He did go ssj2 against kid buu in the manga (lightning and stuff) wasnt shown in the anime though.
So your saying that in the manga go ssj2 and in the anime he did not so this means that vegeta ssj2 was weak whitout babadis power ?

πŸ’» Oldtimer
Best answers
Vegeta know how to go to SSJ2 but in the fight whit KidBuu he never go SSJ 2 why it's the real question
Vegeta was Super Saiyan 2. Based on observation & visual, people have created their own theories, like; "Vegeta didn't have enough energy to use SS2 during his fight with Kid Buu." Personally, I think this is just another mistranslation that occurred somewhere during the animation process. Keep in mind the anime's over 10 years old (first aired in the early '90s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom