When did Vegeta go SSJ2?

Beta Tester Squad
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Revitalized Prince said:
Vegeta didn't have enough energy to use SS2 during his fight with Kid Buu.
How the hell did he lose that much energy ? he had time to rest if kid buu destrpys galaxys in weak's it will take some time to get to them whit instant transmit but still he had time to get his energy back

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The fact that majin vegeta was beaten by fat buu, and fat buu was pwned by kid buu should make you realise kid buu was more powerful, not vegeta was weaker.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm sure Vegeta was SS2 half the time during the Kid Buuu fight, but the anime was never good about the tell-tale electric aura meant to distinguish the SS2 form from SS1. It's almost impossible to tell if a SS2 trans occurred in the anime unless you refer back to the manga. Personally, I'm undecided as to whether Vegeta lost the power-boost he gained from the Majin status after his self-destruct or not. I mean, Majin Vegeta had a lot of trouble against Fat Buu. Either way he'd be inferior to Kid Buu, power loss or not. Goku always had the advantage due simply to his fighting talent and the fact that he could ascend to SS3. I'm starting to think Vegeta DID lose Babidi's power, since being dead gives you added physical durability, and even then, he couldn't even hold up against Kid Buu on the level that Goku had in the preliminary SS2 fight from "Battle fo the Universe Begins". Though you can't really count that episode as canon, since in the manga, Goku never fought Kid Buu at the SS2 level. He went SS3 from the very beginning. That whole episode was technically filler, so who knows; maybe SS2 Goku and SS2 Vegeta WERE equal at that point, and Goku's SS3 gave him the obvious advantage.

Argh...so mind-numbingly confusing...must...stop...typing!

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm pretty sure Fat Buu of the Kid Buu saga was weaker than before because of Hercule's influence - plus the loss of the Evil Majin Buu.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Revitalized Prince said:
I'm pretty sure Fat Buu of the Kid Buu saga was weaker than before because of Hercule's influence - plus the loss of the Evil Majin Buu.
Fat buu was the only part lost out of kid buu (except for gohan piccolo gotenks etc) the rest of him was still there, and why would Mr. Satan make fat buu weaker? if anything it'd make him stronger scince he was fighting to protect Mr. Satan at the time.

Best answers
Nooooo Cause when that Guy shot Mr Satan ,It made Fat Buu angry. He got furious and released the evil inside of him. Thats how Mr Satan made Fat Buu weaker.

-GuZzie

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
.Guzzie. said:
Nooooo Cause when that Guy shot Mr Satan ,It made Fat Buu angry. He got furious and released the evil inside of him. Thats how Mr Satan made Fat Buu weaker.

-GuZzie
And you know that from where? The anime?

The soul fact that you are giving out your opinions without even once reading the manga makes your points kinda doubtfull.

The manga is the original. The japaneese anime comes second and the dubed version is third place.

In case you dont know. DBZ was changed along with the translation. There is a jap version and a dub version.

They have even a difrent number of episodes. All you are refering to is the second remake. So 2 changes from the original.

The question why Vegeta got his head bashed in against KidBuu is simply anwsered. Kid Buu was just to strong. And if you wana hold comparisons. He went up equaly against SSJ3 Goku wheres FatBuu (by your reasoning still strong cause he was under Babidis influance(kinda)) clearly didnt stand a chance against SSJ3 Goku. And SSJ2 Goku went equal with Majin Vegeta.

Doesnt that kinda prove that Kid Buu was way stronger than Fat Buu and that Vegeta didnt stand a chance against him either way?

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I found something in the manga.

After goku's fight with yakon, vegeta says:
"So kakarot has surpassed the super saiyan wall, too"

The evidence is so obviously stacking towards a pre-buu saga ssj2 trans.

Best answers
Ohhh,but I was referring to Revitalized Prince last post >.<
So wheres,what does that meen?? Does it meen that Vegeta was able to become a Accended Saiyan before he went under Baidi's spell?

-GuZzie

Best answers
come on is it that hard ???

First of all note to guzzle
mr hercule never made buu weaker, he only asked to buu never get mad again

second
yes vegeta could go to ssj2 before the spell of babidi but he wasnt strong enough to do it in perfect the spell of babidi made vegeta strong enough to do his ssj2 and become equal to goku (why maybe babidi was hoping they killed eachother :D)

Best answers
Ahhh,to do it in "Perfect" ??? Your weird.

"yes vegeta could go to ssj2 before the spell of babidi but he wasnt strong enough" "the spell of babidi made vegeta strong enough to do his ssj2"

Try explaining that again ^^^

And about the Buu thing,what I meant was Hercule allowed the Evil Buu to be released therefore a stronger Buu emerged due to Hercule,get my catch??

-GuZzie

Best answers
well what i mean is

and a perfect example is the episode "super saiyan 3" where goku
showed his transformations from normal to ssj3.

The first ones (ssj1 and ssj2) he could do it instantly without charging
like he did to go ssj3.

what i ment by vegeta is that he wasnt strong enough to do the ssj2 instantly before the spell of babidi. He had the ability to change in ssj2
but not to do it instantly

get my point now ^^ and im not weird im strange xD

Best answers
Bah,I don't know.If your talking about the magna I think your slightly of track.If your talking about the Dubbed series than your 100% wrong.Look through my other posts-You'll see the quotes [etc] of Vegeta talking to Goku about him not being strong enough to beat him,thus he let himself go under Babidi's spell.

-GuZzie

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
According to previous extreme-emotional states, that's all a Saiyan needed to trigger a transformation... albeit a specific level of power, although you can see with some fighters, like Vegeta, it was more difficult because of persona & behaviour (you would assume). I've also heard that Vegeta on Namek had enough power to reach SS but he lacked the potential, or the reason there of. Now, as we observe Vegeta later, he trained and tripled his strength, far surpassing his powerlevel on Namek. It only took one emotional outburst (in space) to trigger his transformation. If we look a little further in the Cell saga Vegeta trained for one full year inside the Time Chamber, which tripled his energy again, right? After the Cell Games Vegeta was said to have trained even more. Now, if he'd witnessed Gohan do it, and he was smart enough to understand Goku's training method inside the Time Chamber, (though he never followed through with the method), he reached SS over 3 years of extreme training, and ascended to (Stage 2) of Super Saiyan ("Super Vegeta" - "USS") within one year, then I'm sure after 7 years of training -in the gravity room- he'd manage to figure out how to ascend to SS2, and then eventually understand how to do it at will, similar to the way he gained full control over SS. Not to mention; If Gohan was able to move up to SS by the mere thought of his inabilities & witnessing his friends being harmed then this should also apply to Vegeta, and it did. Watch as he reached SS. The only thing about SS2 I see as a problem for Vegeta was it required more of an emotional upheave than SS1, which conflicted with Vegeta's nature--having difficulty finding a pure reason to ascend - but with 7 years of training under a supposed "500x gravity setting" you'd just have to figure Vegeta was able to reach the form in a similar manner Goku did. You also have to understand Gohan's level of strength at the time of the Cell Games - he also had a very solid reason for moving up to SS2; the witness of injury & death. It's something Goku and most of the good guys couldn't bear to watch. This is usually why it was easier for the good Saiyans to transform, there was a necessary time--in Vegeta's case, it was more about desire and hunger for power, therefore it never played into Vegeta's benefit.

EDIT (Slightly off-topic):The idea Goku reached SS3 and practically used the form at will is beyond my comprehension. This is why I find him far too overrated for his own good. Goku, in my opinion, only shined during the time he surprised people with his Kaioken, his impressive & relentless attitude and will to stop evil--his first transformation was unique and genuine, which I think is what made Goku stand out as the hero. I prefer Vegeta though; I believe every bit of power he earned was well-deserved, his achievements deserved recognition & so did his changes--over the duration of the series he reveals to people his softer and more compassionate side, which is what I think made Vegeta stand out far more than the rest.

When we're brining up all of this discussion about Super Saiyan levels and whatnot it makes you wonder how far Toriyama actually went. SS2, alone, was fairly exaggerated next to the original form of SS, and so it only opened new paths for Toriyama's restless mind. I mean, you had to have the fusion of the kids, the SS3, the Vegito, the exaggerated and unbelievable levels of power, etc, etc. And the big and dumb controversy that followed in its wake; "Who's stronger than who" crap, "What attacks are the strongest?!?", "WAS TRUNKS SS2 WHEN HE FOUGHT CELL!!?!?", "isn't this form and that form SS2?!?!", and the amazingly annoying kids who yell and scream such mindless crap like "Goku's the strongest!!!!!!!!!! VEGETA SUX, BLAHBLAH"--the fact the franchise has spawned so much controvsery worldwide is quite a feat, considering the percentage of people who like Dragon Ball Z is practically the same as the percentage of those who dislike it. That tells you a lot about how much of an impact this one man's ideas have made. This thread alone is a good example of it.

Best answers
Vegeta can transform to ssj2 after cell saga and within those 7 years because no matter how much he trained he cannot be stronger than a ssj2 in his ssj state ! But Goku whas stronger then vegeta in normal state ssj state and obious if they bouth go to ssj2 goku will still be the strongest one! when vegeta accepted babidi's help hes power was reased up to goku's power then they were eaven! After they'r fight in the canyons when goku reached kami's lookout he sed to Piccolo "When Vegeta and I fought we were evenly matched! vegeta gived all and still wasen't enought to kill majin buu! so what chance do I have against Buu!"

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Goku whas stronger then vegeta in normal state ssj state and obious if they bouth go to ssj2 goku will still be the strongest one!
All of that is wrong. Vegeta was always stronger in base form. Goku's kaioken would outpower base Vegeta, though. Vegeta was stronger in the Super Saiyan form because he trained more in it where Goku just moved up to new levels.

base Vegeta (for most of the series) > base Goku
SS Vegeta (End) > SS Goku
SS2 Goku (Dead / Halo) > SS2 Vegeta
SS2 Vegeta (Dead / Halo) > SS2 Goku
Majin Vegeta = SS2 Goku (Dead / Halo)
Majin Vegeta > SS2 Goku
SS3 Goku > SS2 Vegeta
SS3 Goku > Majin Vegeta

Get it now?

Best answers
Vegeta achived SS2 after Cell Saga. Vegeta was the strongest SS2 as he trained harder while Goku used his random emotions of "love" and "vengence" to gain a new level...*shrug*

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I haven't seen the series in ages, but I'm gonna go ahead and say the Majin transformation served as a catalyst and allowed him to reach SSJ2. Yeah, emotions and **** are important when transforming to a higher level, but so is your base power level. Notice how Goku wasn't able to go SSJ during the Lord Slug saga. He was angry as shaved balls, but he didn't have the power to ascend.

I'm gonna say he went SSJ2 for the first time in his Majin form. Why? Because he didn't believe he was powerful enough without the Majin transformation to take on Goku. If I remember correctly, Goku was only using SSJ when Vegeta understood his power at the time was inferior. He needed the extra power to get to the next level in order to match Goku, not even to go beyond.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
I haven't seen the series in ages, but I'm gonna go ahead and say the Majin transformation served as a catalyst and allowed him to reach SSJ2. Yeah, emotions and **** are important when transforming to a higher level, but so is your base power level. Notice how Goku wasn't able to go SSJ during the Lord Slug saga. He was angry as shaved balls, but he didn't have the power to ascend.
There is no lord slug saga. Lord Slug saga would have to be in the time Goku healed his wounds after Vegetas fight till the time he went to namek.

He ussed Kaioken in there. And He learned Kaioken just befor fighting Vegeta.

Lord Slug is as non canon as Broly and Cooler.

You cant even put the movie into the timeline.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom