What was your first console

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Nes. The Nes's controller was so very very beautiful.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
ouu looks like fun sailor alea i want to make a time line too >_<

1. atari
2. nes
3. gameboy
4. sega genesis
5. gamegear
6. sega cd
7. snes
8. gameboy color
9. playstation
10. dreamcast

stopped there with buying console games.. i played ps2 xbox and gamecube thoe.. now its all PC stuff for me =)

Best answers
is it just me that loved that tank game on NES ?

you start with a tank and a bird statue to protect behind some bricks or metal and you face another tank with the same thing. And you try to either destroy the tank or the statue..and during the game Stars (* * *) show up in the game and if you take them you become bigger and get a bigger cannon.

Played that game so much,its nostalogic just to talk about it: )

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
NES with a whole slew of games. Mainly Contra, Super Mario Brotehrs, Rambo and a bunch others. There was a big list of them, but I was like 4-5 so.....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
*Gaara* said:
is it just me that loved that tank game on NES ?

you start with a tank and a bird statue to protect behind some bricks or metal and you face another tank with the same thing. And you try to either destroy the tank or the statue..and during the game Stars (* * *) show up in the game and if you take them you become bigger and get a bigger cannon.

Played that game so much,its nostalogic just to talk about it: )
Battle City is what it's called, I believe.

I loved that game to death. :3

It also had a built-in level editor. I used to make an invincible barrier of white stones around the eagle statue so it couldn't get destroyed, and I could blast all I wanted without fear or blowing it up myself. It also allowed me to focus on fighting instead of protecting the stupid thing. :3

I also liked dividing the gameplay field in two by drawing a river through the width of the map, and only make one bridge. Of course, people could still shoot across the water, so it's not like they were helpless. :p

Contra for NES was also one awesome game. I doubt I'll ever forget the great times I had with me and my cousin tackling that game together. That final boss was one mean *****. :p

Anyone remember the Hogan's Alley games for NES? They also used the Zapper gun. They were a variety of shooting-gallery games, like shooting cans to keep them in the air, and shooting badguys while protecting civilians and stuff. I played that to death also. <3

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Anyone remember the 'platformer' "Burger Time"? I loved that game.

Best answers
Shiyojin Rommyu said:
Battle City is what it's called, I believe.

I loved that game to death. :3

It also had a built-in level editor. I used to make an invincible barrier of white stones around the eagle statue so it couldn't get destroyed, and I could blast all I wanted without fear or blowing it up myself. It also allowed me to focus on fighting instead of protecting the stupid thing. :3

I also liked dividing the gameplay field in two by drawing a river through the width of the map, and only make one bridge. Of course, people could still shoot across the water, so it's not like they were helpless. :p

nice;D reading that gave me flashbacks of the game=) cant belive you remember that much:p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I had a NES with a couple mario games. My grandmother bought herself a SNES for zelda, so i played that till I was like 6 or something, then mom got my a genisis. Then I got a 64, ps2, and gcn. rest is history.

Gamegear ftw. <----Made like 19 sonic games

The Sinister Minister
Retired Forum Staff
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
DJ-Ready said:
Atari 2600 o/
Seconded. I still remember trying to play Missile Command with little success :(

Not too long after enjoying what the Atari 2600 had to offer, my family invested in an NES, which still provides reliable entertainment to this very day :)

SailorAlea said:
But of course. I still find it to be one of the hardest games out there. The "enemies" are always one step ahead of me >_>

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Apparently my father bought an NES for himself when I was too little to remember (probably around < 1 year old), and you know how small children are.

"MINE!"

It was mine from then on. =D

Got the SNES when it came out, a Game Boy Color some time after, then an N64, and the Game Boy Advance upon its release. I went to PC some time prior to getting the GBA, so I began to back off from the console scene. My sister wanted a GameCube for the Christmas it came out around, so my parents got one for both of us. I've played a few games on the GCN, but consoles just don't have the same feel for me as they did in the golden gaming ages of yore on the SNES and select N64 games.

The SNES taught me to read. No joke.

EDIT: Btw, if anyone says "Virtual Boy," I will be significantly astounded, then give them a color blindness test to see if they're lying. XD

Best answers
SailorAlea said:
I loved that game as well. Me and my mom use too play all the time, even though she always beat me at it. That game really had some funny animations, I couldn't stop laughing the first few times, when i sprayed one of those hotdogs with pepper. I really wish Nintendo would bring Burger Time to gameboy advance or maybe even game boy micro-- i think it would be pretty cool to relive that classic game.

Anyway's the first gaming console i had was the NES.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
/me shows age.

I do actually remember playing and enjoying the original Pong.

After that I went to the ti-994a: 32k ram awesomeness, Sears CVS (Atari 2600 woodgrain) C64, Atari 2600 (plastic wonder), NES, SNES, PC (386, 486), PSX, PC (pentium, pentium II), PS2, PC (Athlon XP), Gamecube, Gameboy Advance.

The only two of those I no longer have are the 2600 (plastic case) and NES, all the other ones still work.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Xbox was my fist TV console. The original Gameboy was the handheld.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Since I was bored last night, I found my ness and played some Duct Hunt. I enjoyed pwning the ducks :D (Some might consider it being cruel to animals :().

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The first console i played on was either a NES or the original gameboy (can't remember). My first own console was a N64 and then a gameboy pocket.
i had my first PC when i was 5 :D
after that i got a GBA then GBA SP and GCN (the order isn'T right can't remember)
i started learning english when i was 5 from computer games^^
(i'm german)

Best answers
Optimus Prime said:
NES with the Mario Bros. Duck Hunt combo.
<33333

Second was Genesis with Sonic 2, then came a crappy used PSX, then gameboy, gameboy color (I used to be a pokemon freak), now XBOX

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom