What makes DBGT Suck Compared to DBZ?

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I just wanted to know why everyone hated DBGT so much more then DBZ. I myself really don't hate GT.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GT is nothing like Z. Artist arnt as good imo. and just so many potholes

KyoKusanagi

K
plotholes you mean? unless the roads are really that bad.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you heard me..... potholes..... Actually thats a typo........ but yeah, PLOTholes

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
GT just felt like an unecessary way to end things. Z served it's purpose in ending a series imo.

PRJ

Best answers
I hate it because of "SSJ4" :(,its just so ugly

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
01 - everything was too predictable.
02 - too many plotholes. (like stated before)
03 - new voice actors. like piccolo's.
04 - rediculous characters.
05 - there are many things done, the original characters from Z would never do.
06 - goku being a kid.
07 - stupid haircuts.
08 - nice clean drawings, however the style, totally takes that down.
09 - forgot about 9.
10 - If there would be a sequel to DBZ, it should have not picked up after DBZ. A complete new story should have been created instead.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
The storyline sucked.
SSJ4 was created(I personally think that SSJ3 was enough)
Many errors in the storyline when it refered to DBZ.
Making Pan and Bulla act AND dress like sluts :S .
Everything was just way too predictible(like when the dragon balls turned evil)
And just the fact that it was completely fan made :S.

Retired Forum Staff
Best answers
Here's my main reason. They had this world full of heroes - Vegeta, Gohan, Trunks, Goten, Uub (who should have been stronger than fecking Kid Buu!!), and so on.. and yet they still warped the entire story to make another 'Goku Saves the Day' story! They turned Goten into a shallow prick, Trunks into a pansy (I doubt ***, but Kid Trunks could have smashed Man (*cough*) Trunks into the stratosphere), Gohan into a wimp (what the hell happened to Mystic?! Did he have a cold or something?!), gave Vegeta a mid-life crisis sort of thing and pretty much ignored Uub whenever there was a serious problem.

Wasn't Uub meant to be Goku's replacement?! What the hell happened with that?! :\

Basically they through everything that was good about DB and DBZ - namely characters you've seen progress over the years - and hurled it into an incinerator. I realise that DBGT is aimed at the kiddies but come on! The whole 'Flashy lights equals good show' thing was tired in DBZ, it certainly doesn't stand up when that's all they have!

Yeah, I think that's all of it. :D

Best answers
dbgt was focused for a younger group of watchers.so the fights got "censored" in someway with more energy attacks and less of melee.
besides i hate the fact that goku is kid again,he isnt goku as a kid,as kid hes just an idiot and not goku, when he turns into ssj4 he changes to a "super-unbeatable-i know everything-form" .and pan and trunks outfits suck.i hate pan in dbgt,at the end of dbz she was cute and tough.
i personnally like the way ssj4 looks,i dont like the fact that it doesnt drains any energy like ssj3 and the way to turn into a ssj4 for the first time is stupid,going golden oozrau first >_<

Best answers
1. Goku is a kiddo, what the **** is with that?
2. Trunks is a looser.
3. All the characters are comletely ruined. They all have this stupid mug in their face that just makes you wanna hate them.
4. PLOTHOLES
5. Vegeta isnt a violent badass character, he's turned into a halfway looser and almost completely ruined as well, then the stupid beard that thank goodness he shaves off. Also he uses a beam that Bulma designes to go ssj4, WTF? in Z he would never do such thing.
6. Gohan is a complete weakling, whaaaaaat? :eek:
7. Gotenks and Trunks go ssj at a very young age but Pan never does it, why? That's VERY stupid.
8. Why should a kame of Gohan make Piccolo death wounded? o_O
9. The Super17 part is just stupid, he absorbs beams and how perfect, they only throw beams at him!
10. Dragon ball negative energy since when? How come nobody knew about it?

Then probbably alot of more stuff if I would think about it longer.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
SaKuMa said:
1. Goku is a kiddo, what the **** is with that?
2. Trunks is a looser.
3. All the characters are comletely ruined. They all have this stupid mug in their face that just makes you wanna hate them.
4. PLOTHOLES
5. Vegeta isnt a violent badass character, he's turned into a halfway looser and almost completely ruined as well, then the stupid beard that thank goodness he shaves off. Also he uses a beam that Bulma designes to go ssj4, WTF? in Z he would never do such thing.
6. Gohan is a complete weakling, whaaaaaat? :eek:
7. Gotenks and Trunks go ssj at a very young age but Pan never does it, why? That's VERY stupid.
8. Why should a kame of Gohan make Piccolo death wounded? o_O
9. The Super17 part is just stupid, he absorbs beams and how perfect, they only throw beams at him!
10. Dragon ball negative energy since when? How come nobody knew about it?

Then probbably alot of more stuff if I would think about it longer.

I love you :p

whereswarren (King_Vegeta)
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
lack of akaira toriyama, and there was no manga to base it off, it all just came out of the ass, and no melee fighting, anyone notice that? and uub and gohan get there asses handed to them by 17 but vegeta keeps going???

it sucked so bad i hate them for ruining it, TOEI if you can hear this, I HATE YOU *shakes fist*

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. Pan
2. Pan's voice
3. Gil
4. Gil's voice
3. 'The Lost Episodes', they weren't lost, they were cut, they were cut by YOU, and they were cut because they were boring, so reintroducing them as 'special content' was a redundant idea from the start. You'd think FUNi would've learned their lesson about cutting from Pioneer (early DBZ)
4. Repetitive animation, watch episodes 60-63 and you'll see Syn/Omega Shenron doing the same zig-zag-running-into-camera animation about six times, nothing changed.
5. Uub being generally useless
6. Super #17 having a worthless machine gun
7. Syn/Omega Shenron being retarded, he thought he could kill Gogeta with standard ki blasts...quotes:

"You can't duck my blasts!" - SS4 Gogeta is all powerful...yet he can't...duck?
"Die Die Die!" - Regarding SS4 Gogeta having a shower in Syn's blasts, who is evidently not dying, but enjoying it.
"I'll kill you! *shoots a few ki blasts* Curses!" - Well at least you tried.

But theres stuff I liked!

1. SS4 looked cool
2. Revival of Gogeta
3. Buu fusing with Uub
4. Goku fusing with Shenron at the end and basically becoming a God, he earned it.
5. Super #17 breathed some life into the coolest Android ever

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no manga.... no manga written by akira toriyama... i enjoy manga more than anime.... and so GT sucked completely had so many mistakes, was completely downsized for children, im amazed i watched it all.... sad sad days........

★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I remember watching the last episode. Gohan was Mystic then o_O

Best answers
GT wasn't Toriyama's creation. GT was basically an endorsed, animated fanfic.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Personally, I didn't really give a flying f*ck about "OMG WTFIASDHS!~!!@E@#$eleven11!! mistake here!!o fnmfgnf!! wtf/!??!!" This is like a disgrace omfgsdfhdjf im such a f*cking DORK" gawd.

I enjoyed DBGT, it was different and showed character changes. The kids "grew up" essentially. God forbid anything change. The only thing I didn't really like was the almost instant transition to a new saga.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I watched the entired GT series in its originality with english subtitles a VERY VERY VERY long time before it EVER was released in the US. When I saw the english dubbed crap-ass FUNimation DISASTER I wanted to defecate at the front door of FUNimation H.Q. -- God it sucked compared to the original.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
True the japanese version was a lot better...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mr. Satan said:
Personally, I didn't really give a flying f*ck about "OMG WTFIASDHS!~!!@E@#$eleven11!! mistake here!!o fnmfgnf!! wtf/!??!!" This is like a disgrace omfgsdfhdjf im such a f*cking DORK" gawd.
its great u learned how to evade the swear filter and all but u know

too bad u get a warning for it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom