What if Goku, Naruto & Luffy were all in the same game ?...

The Duke of Juke
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At first I think it seems real off, fighters who can blow up planets versus not really ninjas but they call themselves that versus pirates who are weaker than the ninja...

But then I remembered the SSB, and realized it can work out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry, but everyone in that but Goku & Naruto have got to go. The game looks fun, but it needs Vegeta or Piccolo, or another famous DragonBall character. Or atleast someone else from Naruto. I have no idea why people like Fluffy and any character from One Piece for that matter.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If this is a SSBM kind of game i'll be the first to admit i'll buy it. SSBM was/is/always will be the best game i've ever played.

Best answers
frsrblch said:
Hey, a mix and match anime button masher! And here I thought they couldn't make the Smash Bros style game any worse. Well, I guess I stand corrected......j/k.
^_^ You forgot to put joking at the end, so i edited for you. You should really be more careful frsrblch, someone might actually take that seriously.

Sorry, but everyone in that but Goku & Naruto have got to go.
Well....they don't have to, but it would be nice though. And don't worry, im sure there will definitely be more characters from each of these shows.

Anyway's, i don't see why some people have a problem seeing Goku and Naruto in the same game, just because Goku would annihilate every character from the two opposing shows-- except Itachi from Naruto. Since when was realism so important in anime games ?.....Besides, Goku would also annihilate 95% of the charcters from his own show, but doesn't that make Dragonball Z games any less fun to play ?....meh... maybe im just misunderstanding the point here.

SSBM was/is/always will be the best game i've ever played.
Is it ok if i agree ?....

DMW

Best answers
Wow some of you speak as if they havnt been in the smae game together before.Jump superstars had all of them and some.I cant wait for this game.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Haha.

In most of the screens Goku is hovering above all of them blasting up the arena. Looks incredibly unbalanced, and One Peice is the ***est peice of **** I've ever seen in my opinion.

Best answers
Goku and one piece? thats like putting a T-rex vs. a monkey thats heavily sedated, and yet i still want to play it....

Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Well, while you people seem to love bashing One Piece, you should remember that it is the #1 Shounen Manga in Japan right now, and one of the best-selling series in history.

It might surprise you to know that both One Piece and Dragonball/Z were produced by Toei Animation, and many members of the cast of Dragonball/Z are in One Piece.

Luffy: Tanaka Mayumi (KRILLIN)
Dr. Kureba: Nozawa Masako (GOKU/GOHAN/GOTEN)
Erik The Whirlwind: Nakao Ryuusei (FRIEZA)

There are more examples, but in any case, if you've watched One Piece, you'd know that Luffy on several occasions has dealt with people using energy attacks like 'Kamehameha' and definitely has in-story ways of dealing with them.

The whole argument of "Goku, and (insert other anime character)? No way! Goku would annihilate them!" is ridiculous, because DBZ is so over the top to begin with. How many characters in anime existence could kill Goku? It shouldn't stop interesting games from being made.

If you're not aware, another highly popular game series, Super Robot Wars Alpha, has gundams/mechs from countless series, and some of them are obviously more powerful than each other, but it doesn't stop EVA-01 from taking on Wing Zero. :p

2D/3D Artist
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Damn that looks nice =O
Only hope that there are at least a few more characters from the same animes.

=D On PS2 YAY! Definatly getting this one...=o

Best answers
Is this going to be like Jump Super Stars, where it's only going to be released in Japan? I really hope not. That wouldn't be any good for us Americans :(.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Haha, Luffy against Goku...

Well too bad it's Japan only, then again, if it was english, I would have to suffer that painfully annoying voice of Luffy and Naruto wouldn't be sounding too well either.

Now this game can go multiple ways...The fighting could be as indepth as Super Smash Brothers or as Shallow as Inuyasha Fuedal Combat...Hopefuly the former.

It looks like there are transformations, since it shows both Super Saiyan and normal Goku...Hopefully this won't be the kinda game with the right characters but poor fighting mechanics, becasue I personally would love to pit a Naruto Character with a Dragonball character.

DMW

Best answers
dont jump to conclusion,that may not be transformation.Goku may just go to normal form after a fight.And this game is being made by the team that makes naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen(US name is Clash of Ninja) which has a fun fighting system.So I trust they can make a good fighting game.

Best answers
I guess it is Japan only then...Wow...Everything good looking always has to be Japan only...

DMW

Best answers
it might not be only,it could come out here in 1+ years,long wait yes but we may get it.

Best answers
I'll be intrested to see how this game balances out. You can always import GC easy and use a freeloader, so no worries about the english voices. DMW are you sure it's being made by TOMY?

Best answers
Shuyin said:
I'll be intrested to see how this game balances out. You can always import GC easy and use a freeloader, so no worries about the english voices. DMW are you sure it's being made by TOMY?
Publisher: Bandai Namco
Developer: Takara Tomy, Namco
Platform: PlayStation 2, GameCube
Genre: Fighting
Origin: Japan
Release: July 20, 2006
That should answer your question.

DMW

Best answers
yea sp answered it all,ill be getting it asap so ill be gald to post a review when i play it.

G
Zeonix said:
To be honest, I'm tired of the entire anime thing. We need more superhero games.
Or, superhero and anime cross-overs! We could finaly answer life's biggest question... Superman VS Goku.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom