What I Don't Like About Open Beta

Best answers
Yeah, first post.

As I remember, in the Beta 1.1, last version I played seriously cuz 1.2 was too slow for my taste, when I transformed I got a bigger Ki amount, so I could swoop or teleport more often. Now in the Beta of 1.3 the amount of Ki just stays the same, no matter in what state Im (SSJ 1 or 3...etc.) so the difference between the transformation levels isnt so clear anymore. For me it was always a motivation boost to know that I got more Ki und so have the upper hand in a fight if Im transformed and fighting a non-transformed.

Now, you can teleport 10 times in a row w/o powering up. When u are SSJ it stays the same. Will the team re-add increasing Ki amount? Dont have to be much, just maybe 15% per tranformation, or more for chars like Kirllin with just one...

Others than that, swoop is fine the way it is I think, but to improve the possibility of hitting someone the team could re-add the lock on graphic feature... I just mean like the red box in 1.1 perhaps now better looking ;). Also I dont like the idea of been able to block nearly every beam. I did shot a kamehameha with 14 million at an opponent with just 2 million and he blocked it away after like 3 seconds w/o any damage at all...

Last edited:
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Thx David...I lost 2 hours with that :p

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
Discord Member
Best answers
Almost forgot. I don't like that maps aren't at the same quality level. Some are great while some are really crap (compared to great ones). I think mappers should update old maps or just throw them away (not all of them but most).

Best answers
I agree...being 14million and firing a almighty kamehameha and having some 2million pl guy deflect it like nothing is a little bit lame...and what happened to advanced melee??:\

Best answers
Drew's just mad because he cant knock someone down, ki blob and gen beam them to death in one move anymore..:(

Plz dont bring ki blobs back..they really are stupid. The way ki blobs work now is the way they SHOULD work. Dont trade what SHOULD be for whats easiest to get more kills with.

I personally think people who use ki blobs now are learning how to use them way more skillfully than before, and that is a plus.

As for the other complaints, i pretty much agree...

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ki blobs do not exist in the current open beta. Ki blobs aren't coming back in the same way as 1.2 ones, they're not going to be DOTs I can tell you that much, and ki blobs will no longer be the correct term for them, they'll be more like, ki explosions :p that's as much as we're willing to give away right now.

Best answers
Ki blobs are something like **** i think this is don't needed...

Best answers
Secondary Fire

Using the right mouse button on Generic Beams to create Generic Ball attacks was extremely intuitive -- it seemed like the two belonged together.

Now in 1.3, you have to double-tap the 2 key in order to access the Generic Ball attack, moving past the Ki attack. If you have a number mapped to a "type" of attack, then at least put the Generic Beam and Ball attacks both on number 3.

Either way, why did the Generic Beam attack lose its secondary fire Generic Ball attack option?

Thanks.

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It lost generic ball so the lockon feature could be used in its place.

But worry not. We will bring them back together ^^

Best answers
Good to hear. :)

Also, is there a calculation issue with transforming/ascending while in turbo mode?

Last edited:
Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
no calculation issues. You simply cant do it if you have turbo on ^^

The Brain Freezer
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
why is having turbo on before transform that important?

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
turbo raises PL

I guess the original thing was no cheating to transform ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom