What do you think of the job the moderating staff is doing?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
anyway u dont really get to be a mod just by saying ok ill be a mod :p

besides this isnt a would u be a mod if u were asked topic

Best answers
Sry. I understand about the how to be a mod thing but i was just thinking out loud...sry. And no, i'm not hinting a "ask me ask me" thing bcuz honestly i could care less, i was just thinking aloud.

Honestly, i think that the mods do a fine job. I think sometimes they r a little harsh *cough* FM *cough* but hey, whate'er. They're human and need their kicks too

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by Vegetto
Hey current mods just wondering am I even on the list for a possible in the future? Hehe just wondering if ya know what I mean ;)
Who are you :eek:

All the people on the mod waiting list are on the mod list as far as I know :p

But then people have their own lists in their heads

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Originally posted by koblano
Sry. I understand about the how to be a mod thing but i was just thinking out loud...sry. And no, i'm not hinting a "ask me ask me" thing bcuz honestly i could care less, i was just thinking aloud.

Honestly, i think that the mods do a fine job. I think sometimes they r a little harsh *cough* FM *cough* but hey, whate'er. They're human and need their kicks too

too harsh on fm?!?!??!

ARE U MAD!!!!!!!!!

do u even know how much trouble hes been in sence hes joined esf o_O

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm afraid to voice any oppinions in this thread, because I seem to get unexpected reactions from mods (or lack thereof, e.g. Aisha: Did you get my unhappy PM about that last warning?).

I haven't noticed anything terrible enough to yell about, or else I would have posted something contreversial. I know that there were a couple of occations last month where someone *cough* Hibiki* said something that sounded totally out of line before closing a thread, like "Tien sux and is nothing to DBZ or ESF." I'd call it a flame considering I started the thread about including him in the game, but I guess he has earned more a of right to voice his oppinions (If you can't tell I still haven't let go. I just took it personally).

Other than that I have to say I'm fairly satisfied. Aisha seems to think I'm pretending to be a Mod, but I know better than that. I've read Deverz's thread about it. If I say "This thread will probably be closed soon for advertising" that doesn't mean I'm asking for you to close it, and I'm not threatening. That means I'm telling the person that it looks to me like he's advertising and so he should probably be more careful. I've noticed a few conflicts lately between certain devs wanting to leave threads open and other devs closing them immediately after, and it doesn't look good, but I can't complain. You lock the stupid threads, and I'm thankful for it. I wish there were more of you for that. I do wish there were some stricter guidelines on warnings, however, because I've seen complete spam or malicious flames go by time to time without any interference, or worse yet, a warning that you might get a warning if you were to continue. In other situations I've seen people given warnings for a single post of spam that someone didn't like, or that caught a dev in a bad mood.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its no differernt that normal cops

if u find one in a bad mod he/she will be hella strict and ***** about everything

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There really is no need to be afraid of us (in this thread at least :p) we want to hear your opinions

Best answers
I really haven’t been here long so I can only talk about a few of the mods that I have really noticed, but I think Mugus said it best a few posts back.

First off Ryoko since everybody seems to have left her out is simply awesome. She hardly ever has to warn someone or close a thread, a real nice person and makes some great sigs. :yes:

Majin_You: Cool guy always trying to keep the peace and always has good points to add on many topics. :yes:

Cucumba: Is a god. Now this man has vast amounts of knowledge and isn't afraid to use it. Always always has something meaningful to say, also a peace keeper. :yes:

Hsu: Hehehe can't tell you how many times I see "last post: Hsu" and think, huh what did he close now. I think just a little close happy at times myself, but does a great job of keeping the unneeded threads down. :yes:

Aisha: Funny and to the point, what more can I say? :yes:

Hibiki: Well what can I say about Hibiki? Funny at times, partial spammer, likes to keep us guessing with his answers, is never wrong ;) , and is good at keeping spammers at bay. :yes:

Evil Trunks: Cool guy that likes to throw out info and help instead of just saying shut up N00b like a ton of people on this forum do. :yes:

The rest I haven’t seen in action so I can't form any opinions. So with all that said I think that they are doing a great job and no I'm not kissing ass or sucking up. These people just need some more appreciation from us as I can only imagine dealing with some of the peeps on the forum day after day.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
I already stated mine

well hardly anyone comments on my modness so ill take that as a compliment that i dont show off or anything
Hibiki as i said, im my head I give ya respect, you acn easily tell people to back the hell off, thats what you and dev have in common
Dev also is cool about telling people that they need to ship up without giving a warning!

Hibiki on the other hand will tell them to watch it or theyll gett whats coming, and no warning given(not saying you guys are soft but you guys are lenient but when things happen i have seen warnings given lol)

Hsu has gotten his rep from closing threads lol which is good because people know when Hsu visits a thread, they screwed up

Cuc=known for the "bansaber" a lethal and sacred weapon...

Death from Above
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1. Ryoko is a guy don't let him make you think otherwise
2. What about me D:

^Aimed at krillin not Magus :p

Best answers
1. O_O I had no idea! hehe
2. As far as i have seen your a good guy I just havent seen to much of you. :p

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
and i will also mention what i think of cheeseman

Cool, funny , interacted with memebrs good while doing his job, lenient, made closing threads fun :p

Best answers
Yeah he was cool, he closed one of my threads once. I was kind of mad because I spent a lot of time on it so I PM him and asked him why? He said that I had already made my point and that it couldn’t be argued anymore. So I said huh cool, made sense to me after he explained that people would just spam it.

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
yea i think mods ALWAYS have a good reason to close a thread, no one would get pissed and close a thread, i think they would be dealt with if they did, i used to think of stryker as an ass...but i was a n00b....then I leanred he was doin his job and people were bein ghey!

Best answers
well believe it or not im a mod myself, and u do take up some what of responsibility, its aint easy but then agen its not the hardest thing to do... mods are there to keep people in line, bla bla hehe...

the esf mod staff is pretty kewl, dev prob being the best of the lot (agen believe it or not) the others are kewl... aisha/tepus is prob the worst around, sorry m8 (dont forget this is just my opinion), n hibiki is the funniest..

all in all i repect the mods, cuz they r allways doen the right job :yes:

Best answers
Hey Majin...no offense but i HATED cheese. he just was the biggest idiot ever and had nothing good to add to topics. ;) of course you can relate, we've both been there

*You think they care who you like or dislike? You've just hit the fused ****list :devgrin: *
Cheesumba

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
This is a breif list of FM's crimes since we started tracking warnings for repeat offenders:

FM - Warned for spamming n00b central, and flaming. Banned for excessive swearing

I gave FM a warning. on the "krillin" post. in off topic

FM is banned, thanks to his lack of control with the anti-cuss.

Just banned FM again. Give him 2 weeks again, next time is permanent. Im sick and tired of his endless flaming and spam

ok, in my opinion, the following people should be banned untill the beta release FM . . .

i dunno fm seams to spam and diss people alot (especaly spam)

Isn't it time to give ****** and .FM. a lil vacation?

and FM would get his third banning now.

FM will be banned for circumventing the anti-cuss . . .

FM got another - Flaming

anyone else think its time fm got punished for all the flameing he does??

i mean he even admits all he does is flame...

OK, ive just banned FM again.............................

Someone wanna tell me who let FM back?

I was looking through a thread, and stumbled across a new spam post by FM, nice way to find out he's back isnt it?

Sure how many worth while posts by FM have you seen

umm none

Keep an eye on FM, warn him when he spams, and we'll keep tab.

If it gets excessive he'll get another Vaca.

.FM. is being an ass lately aswell. (spam squad thing aswel)

Btw whats the status on FM it time for him to get banned again yet, another warning wasted on him and told him to keep out of another thread

Hmm, I agree FM should be gone, but GREG needs to be in on this one. This would be his fourth temporary ban, . . . .

The following individuals have been banned from the forums. (FM was one of three)

and shouldnt FM be perm now?

He should, but the last time he was perma banned . . .

warning to fm and ***** for flamin

FM has done it again.

:rolleyes:

;/

does he ever learn from his mistakes
(link edited)
and we have more spam here (from FM)

another warning to fm for his behavior in this thread.

like this is anything new ... Warning for fm posted in the anime babe thread 3 times "homo ***s"

anouther edit: he did it again, and told me he dont care in irc...

[ 21:04:23 ] _[ FM ] now 3
[ 21:04:25 ] _[ FM ] o_O
[ 21:04:34 ] _[ FM ] dont care

ok i really think this is enough fm should be banned perminently all he does is spam non stop every single post he has ever made is total spam

I will !addstab FM if he spams again . . . he hasn't made more than a two sylable post in months.

As for fm . . . I think thats not good either... spamming and flaming (lightly)

fm gets a warning for flaming

I say fm gets a warning. Posting **** off is not exactly keeping to any rules is it.

Ok.. how many warnings does fm have now? Surely this should mean he gets banned -_-

FM has been banned.

FM is done with his two weeks . . . watch him and report any of his transgressions . . .

Guess who gets a warning? FM! He has been doing nothing but spamming since he was let back. (note that this warning is given 2 days after he comes off a ban)
And lo and behold, we are being hard on people. Each gap is a post in a warning tracking thread we have in a hidden area of the Forum. There is a second thread which has additional warnings for FM and complaints from moderators.

Clearly FM deserves no additional chances, and yet he has all of March to not get warned once. If he passes that he gets a clean slate . . . I hardly see how we are being unfair.

I am all out of cheeks and blind eyes to turn ;/

Eon

TeeHee
Banned
Best answers
man that is what i call leniency! the guy got banned how many times? lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom