What annoys you the most in ESF?

What annoys you?

• Being called a hacker by people who hardly even plays.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Being kicked or banned just for being better than the server admin.

• Beam Spammers who just won't quit.

• People who become overly arrogant just because they killed you once.

• Being Throw-Laser assaulted by Frieza users.

• Being hunted down constantly by someone better than you, keeping you from being able to do much.

• Insults like "I bet you're 10 and have no g/f and you play 24/7 u n00b" just because you're better.

• Hackers that just cause trouble for everyone in the server.

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
evirustheslaye said:
boy you realy sound like one of the F*****s i end up kicking and banning from my servers
Bannning for what, exactly?

Best answers
Chakra-X said:
Bannning for what, exactly?
i have a few rules on my servers and somepeople who dont like them start thinking they are rules because i lack the skills to deal with actions mentioned in said rules

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
well that really completely depends on what the rules are, the only rules i find acceptable is:

no roll combo
no improper use of "b"
no ceiling hits
no beam spamming
no beam jump spamming
no trunks exploits
no painful hit - and other exploits

Other than that i dont see what else you could include unless you are affraid of something.

Best answers
my server is cattered towards new players... but let me pull up my MOTD

welcome to the server. rules are as fallows:

-no double knockback
-no transkilling
-no excessive ki blobbing. absoultly no ki blobbing someone who is in any way unable to move
-no using energy attacks to damage people who are in melee combat
-no buu candy laser on people unable to move
-avoid excessive tactics ie; teleporting constantly, beam jumping, constant discs, and so on

- "no anti console player names"
please change your name if it contains the fallowing characters: ` and ~
these charactes will be seen as an attempt to circumvent the rules and ability to remove rule breakers from the server
the admin is aware of commands which can be used to kick said players with the "users" command and kick by id number, you are not
unkickable

-"kicked players will mostly be kicked"
if you make the attempt to rejoin the server you will most likely be kicked and banned, if it appears you want to stay and you fallow
the rules you will be granted the time of day.

-"renaming dosnt prevent detecting kicked players"
the admin is aware of methods to obtain steam id numbers which are unique to the cd key and are not changed along with the screen name
dont waste your own time attempting this

-"rules apply to everyone"
if for some reason players are unable to see these rules they will still be held accountable for fallowing them
and will be given warnings or be kicked if they dont fallow them

other then that if there are anyproblems the admin, evirus, shall give ample warnings before kicking
say what you want, they are my rules and a number of people enter my server and actualy fallow the rules... i run nondedicated servers but im always on the look out and have a pretty quick response time to people who arnt playing to the server established rules

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
interesting...

-no double knockback
-no excessive ki blobbing. absoultly no ki blobbing someone who is in any way unable to move
-avoid excessive tactics ie; teleporting constantly, beam jumping, constant discs, and so on

hmmm okay, you can keep those rules if u really like, but it was the way the game was designed to be played. Dont all those rules take out the whole ki management and tactics out of the game?

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
No double knockback? No constant teleporting? Damn, I wouldn't last two seconds in your server without getting banned. Also I don't see anything wrong with transkilling, especially when you yourself are untransed.

Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
interesting...

-no double knockback

hmmm okay, you can keep those rules if u really like, but it was the way the game was designed to be played. Dont all those rules take out the whole ki management and tactics out of the game?
yah just like how this forum system is mad to log and transmit text messages but the person who runs the board insist that the people fallow certain rules like not going over board with the language, not posting sexual materal and so forth. if you want to play on a server that dosnt have a certain rule your more then welcome to disconnect and find that server just like if you want to come on to a board posting crap you can find a board somewhere that might cater to what you want

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I think I've been kicked from your server before >_>.

It annoys me when people use names like smiff.sucks.com and then get angry when I lock their name to something else =P. KilledWithStyle

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes i understand that we have a choice, but there are reasons behind the AUP rules to make it a friendly community, they are there to make sure the conduct in the community isnt illegal, doesnt offend people and isnt unwanted/spam, which i think is essential part of design for a large message board. Your rules are there of personal preference rather, its not there to make sure things run smoothly, but rather how you like it which is why i asked, why do you like it this way? Im certainly not gonna join your server, but that doesnt mean i cant ask why exactly you have these rules in place.

nge

Best answers
Good for you. You run a server deticated to encouraging people not to learn the game. Congrats, have fun making rules because you don't know how to deal with the said player yourself. Odds are you'd still lose to any player of skill who followed your rules.

Just so you know, a player is never "unable to move" unless they're too dumb to not hold spacebar, or press it when hit into a wall. It's there fault- why reward people who play poorly and punish those who play the game the way it was designed to? Honestly, your server is just an example of the PITS of this community. It's designed to fit you and how you think the game should be played, not how it was actually designed. You seriously might as well run a "PS ONLY NO LASERS NO DISKS NO KIBLOBS NO KIBLASTS NO GENERICBEAMS NO SBC NO SB NO MOUTHBLAST NO BUU NO FINALFLASH NO BIGBANG NO SCATTERBEAM NO SHIELD NO DETONATING VEGETA AND GOKU ONLY" servers. Yeah, it's their right to run it that way. Does it really please anyone aside a player who picked up the game for the first 5 min. before they decide, "THIS GAME IS BORING WAH" or whatever? No. It's just a selfish admin playing the game the only way they know how, because they refuse to play the game to its fullest and won't let anyone else either.

I honestly do not care if I'm banned from your server- I don't have a computer for the next couple of weeks and odds are your server will be dead long before then.

What bugs me more than ANYTHING is that people refuse to get better. If it were impossible, I would give them sympathy, but the fact of the matter is- I offer lessons wherever whenever. Many of the top players would be willing to help, or more willing to help if they recieved respect rather than scorn for their ability. The fact of the matter is, as long as people are around enforcing negitive attitudes towards skill, the community will become more and more stagnent.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nge said:
Good for you. You run a server deticated to encouraging people not to learn the game. Congrats, have fun making rules because you don't know how to deal with the said player yourself. Odds are you'd still lose to any player of skill who followed your rules.

Just so you know, a player is never "unable to move" unless they're too dumb to not hold spacebar, or press it when hit into a wall. It's there fault- why reward people who play poorly and punish those who play the game the way it was designed to? Honestly, your server is just an example of the PITS of this community. It's designed to fit you and how you think the game should be played, not how it was actually designed. You seriously might as well run a "PS ONLY NO LASERS NO DISKS NO KIBLOBS NO KIBLASTS NO GENERICBEAMS NO SBC NO SB NO MOUTHBLAST NO BUU NO FINALFLASH NO BIGBANG NO SCATTERBEAM NO SHIELD NO DETONATING VEGETA AND GOKU ONLY" servers. Yeah, it's their right to run it that way. Does it really please anyone aside a player who picked up the game for the first 5 min. before they decide, "THIS GAME IS BORING WAH" or whatever? No. It's just a selfish admin playing the game the only way they know how, because they refuse to play the game to its fullest and won't let anyone else either.

I honestly do not care if I'm banned from your server- I don't have a computer for the next couple of weeks and odds are your server will be dead long before then.

What bugs me more than ANYTHING is that people refuse to get better. If it were impossible, I would give them sympathy, but the fact of the matter is- I offer lessons wherever whenever. Many of the top players would be willing to help, or more willing to help if they recieved respect rather than scorn for their ability. The fact of the matter is, as long as people are around enforcing negitive attitudes towards skill, the community will become more and more stagnent.

Yep gotta agree on that one. People call me a hacker and instult me saying i have no life, etc. etc. What do I care? I know they'll leave soon enough and never play again. But then again, i'm seeing more and more people saying "wow you're really good how do you do that" and i find myself telling them exactly how I do it. And then they thank me for the help. Telling people they "can't tele" or can't do this or can't do that, then you're just taking away from their style. Like for example: Jinx/spriggs, they teleport like mad, and yet that's their style. What's wrong with having ` or ~ in someones name? you know what's kick ass about steam? YOU CAN HIGHTLIGHT COPY AND PASTE!!! WOO! It's a pretty sweet deal if you ask me. the whole "no ki blobing if someone is unable to move" is completely ***. Why might you ask? because it's someone's style. Not only that, if the person was not-smart-enough (the nicest way of putting it) can't hold down a space bar before they hit the ground, their fault not mine, so i punish them for it, in hopes that i teach them a lesson so they never make such a horrid mistake again :) like what my mom used to do when i was a child, i didn't get up? she'd ki blob the **** outta me.

no constant beam jumping? Wow I'd be kicked from this server in a heart beat. Why? cuz i already have been :) I use turbo while i fight, why? Because less damage to me, and more to other people. But at the cost of ki, so much so in fact that if i were to stop beam jumping i'd have to swoop stop charge swoop stop charge, ever second, that's boring, so when i'm at the last bit of my ki i beam jump away. Now anyone who fights me isn't annoyed by this, becfause they know all they have to do is wait there and i'll go to them. See I'm nice like that ;) So again, this is apart of style. Everyone has a different style. You're taking away from that. You should "ban" or "kick" people who are good. That's like saying "Jonny, you're grounded!!!!!!!!!!! Look at these grades... All A's! how many times do i have to tell you! GET ****ING F's U FKR!"

Congrat's there. Why no double knock back? because they are vulnerable and constitutes the same as "no ki blobing if they are unable to move"? wrong again, they were dumb enough to get hit, so i say if i can, hit them again.

But what I DO notice, is that it doesn't say anything about "no using exploits" which means I can come into your server and be all like "boom! 6 hit combo!" sweet, i'm going to do that. watch me get banned even though it's not in the rules.

hooray for your rules making no sense at all! :)

but seriously, nge is right, you are taking away from people getting good. If a "noob" were to enter your server ALL the time, and follow those rules, then go into something like the A.E. server or the Mr. server, or the Kai server or something, and then the rules are completely different, 1. they won't like it, 2. they will get owned. 3. they will tell you not to do things, which will further piss off people like me, (or other pro players) and then they'll just hunt that person down, names will be called, the person will go back to your server, and stay there, and never get good at the game. And in all honesty, i WANT people to get good at this game. I mean, seriously, there are a lack of good players, you have the people from the Mr. Clan, the Kai clan, then the A.E clan. That's about it. And the select few that aren't in clans. That's about it. I want people to get good because i like a good challenge, and the more noobs that get better the more that will like the game and the more that ESF will grow. And at this rate, esf will die 1 or 2 years after 1.3 comes out which i don't want. (i'm basing this in the US only due to the fact of that's where I live)

Keep your rules the way they are for all i care, i don't need to go to it. But if noobs enter your server they won't ever get better.

The above annoys me about esf. or in short: setting too many rules in a server. Hell even the "no block-adv." thing pisses me off. I fight everyone, and I do it. I see no problem with it. Why? Because when I do it to people, they can get away from it easily. And I have no problem with people doing it to me. Therefor I deem it not a glitch. So Zen and any other clan with the rule can ban me, but it won't stop me from doing it.

Best answers
sorry but the above comment made me spit out my drink all over the screen ""Jonny, you're grounded!!!!!!!!!!! Look at these grades... All A's! how many times do i have to tell you! GET ****ING F's U FKR!" so I'm now sending a bill of £350 to fire phoenix for being too funny

but I too agree with what nge has said but it's turning into a flame war but I do think the esf team should look at this topic and see if theres anything they could add to 1.3 to change some of the things annoying people

Best answers
i do know how to preform and defend agenst most of the rules you are raising issues about. but frankly, i start my servers for the people who are compleatly blank to the way in which the game is played. and i regard some of those rules as more advanced moves that im not trying to go overloading them on their first time playing, better to play a while, flesh out the basics and then learn the more advanced stuff

also you mentioned that i dont win on other servers and probably loose on my own servers. that isnt near the truth, aside from that AE guy who teleports every three secounds, i manege to get a pretty good lead on the servers, not first place mind you but a pretty good gap between me and the lower scores. and yes i use double knockbacks when i can, having trouble with ki blobs but thats just because my mouse likes to wig out on me from time to time.

and i do have some people who are faster or better then me on my own server, hell they are fallowing the rules and being fair so i let them play

your making some big assumptions about my servers role when it comes to teaching noobs realy the majority of people on my server are bretty good at the basics and manage to hold their own. my server is a weekend gig i only run it for a few hours at a time and i either get bugged about hogging the computer(my computer gets left at the dorm, i use my fathers at home for the weekend) or the whole game wiggs out and crashes for some reason. if you think that a server that is that spuratic as having the ability of training a generation of ultra noobs i think your giving my server a little too much credit. i hardly get anyone in there that are actualy noobs.

oh and another thing, its kinda hard to lern from a punishment when the way to avoid it isnt stated.... i mean i havent seen anyone, after blobbing me on the ground, say
"ha noob should have held space bar!" or anything like that, i think your point is rather flimsy for that reason, now if you went around and said something like that every time you done it... maybe id rank your "teachings" a little higher then being an A-hole

Best answers
evirustheslaye said:
i do know how to preform and defend agenst most of the rules you are raising issues about. but frankly, i start my servers for the people who are compleatly blank to the way in which the game is played. and i regard some of those rules as more advanced moves that im not trying to go overloading them on their first time playing, better to play a while, flesh out the basics and then learn the more advanced stuff

also you mentioned that i dont win on other servers and probably loose on my own servers. that isnt near the truth, aside from that AE guy who teleports every three secounds, i manege to get a pretty good lead on the servers, not first place mind you but a pretty good gap between me and the lower scores. and yes i use double knockbacks when i can, having trouble with ki blobs but thats just because my mouse likes to wig out on me from time to time.

and i do have some people who are faster or better then me on my own server, hell they are fallowing the rules and being fair so i let them play

your making some big assumptions about my servers role when it comes to teaching noobs realy the majority of people on my server are bretty good at the basics and manage to hold their own. my server is a weekend gig i only run it for a few hours at a time and i either get bugged about hogging the computer(my computer gets left at the dorm, i use my fathers at home for the weekend) or the whole game wiggs out and crashes for some reason. if you think that a server that is that spuratic as having the ability of training a generation of ultra noobs i think your giving my server a little too much credit. i hardly get anyone in there that are actualy noobs.

oh and another thing, its kinda hard to lern from a punishment when the way to avoid it isnt stated.... i mean i havent seen anyone, after blobbing me on the ground, say
"ha noob should have held space bar!" or anything like that, i think your point is rather flimsy for that reason, now if you went around and said something like that every time you done it... maybe id rank your "teachings" a little higher then being an A-hole
Hmm ok
1 isn't it bad then that SO many people question your rules? I mean I don't see a HUGE problem with a double hit, I could see your problem with a roll= 6 hit or something like that because at least then I could agree with you at least. You could say it's to avoid dealing too much damage in one go but one question I want an answer too, WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO IN 1.3? As the melee hit amount is NOT limited so you could go on forever IF you had enough KI, but I'd really like an answer to that

2 you again make a mistake, AE is a CLAN, not a bloody person (e.g. AE|Fire Phoenix is Fire Phoenix not AE) how many people have to get it wrong before god strikes them all down in the name of stupidity.

3 it's following the rules, and I'd say that’s pretty sad that you've FORCED them to ad hear to your rules and they've not ONLY listened but changed there style and I'm guessing they might suck in other servers now due to you, that is why it's better to use the rules from other servers so people know what’s bad anyway

4 I think you would hardly get anyone in there at all as to be honest why bothered changing my/your style to suit just 1 server that’s only on at the weekends? Unless it's some strange reason like aliens/FBI are forcing them to play at gun point then I doubt many people play

5 you say it's hard to learn from punishment, but I'd like to differ in the way that many people have beaten me over the years and I'd hardly say I'm any weaker for it as I just saw what they did to me and I ether copied it or adopted it to my own liking, it's not hard just takes some time to learn and tell me what’s so hard about that? Shall I tell you what? I'm lying, it was bloody hard but I'm better for it I also have more respect for myself and other pro level players because I know I tried bloody hard to be the skill level I am today and undermining other people because YOU think they can't handle it is almost fascist like thinking when you've not even tested them, so I CHALLENGE YOU !*big hand* to change your server rules for the next few weeks and see those good players ether show there real colors or get whooped by every play who comes there

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
evirustheslaye said:

You know why you get stuck in the ground if you dont press space? because the game is designed so if you dont press space bar you are stuck to be at a disadvantage (In other words its intended that you are stuck, and its intended that you must suffer for the mistake you made) you're saying thats a flimsy excuse? sorry but thats like saying that the shotgun in halo shouldnt be used at short range, its designed for that use you cant just ignore it and make up your own rules.

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Davidskiwan said:
You know why you get stuck in the ground if you dont press space? because the game is designed so if you dont press space bar you are stuck to be at a disadvantage (In other words its intended that you are stuck, and its intended that you must suffer for the mistake you made) you're saying thats a flimsy excuse? sorry but thats like saying that the shotgun in halo shouldnt be used at short range, its designed for that use you cant just ignore it and make up your own rules.

Agreed. It's not flimsy in the least. Why should I have to tell you to hold the space bar? I mean, there's a manual, and hell, Chakra-X went out of his way to make a tutorial. Those 2 alone should be enough to get you on the right track. Then a little training with bots, then if you have further questions you just have to ask a pro in the game, and if your nice, I'm sure they will be nice to you as well. Nothing about my statement is flimsy. Not in the least.

Best answers
well.... bottem line is that admins have the right to fine tune the rules they want their server to play under weather it be by console command or by reminding\warning and observing the players in the server. and untill i get some executive from steam e-mailing me saying i cant put rules on my servers, ill leave most of those rules on there, but ill give you this much.... ill revoke the double knockback and kiblob on ground... but i will keep the "no repetitive game play" option on there, because come on... how exciting is it to have someone like.... i beleave it was you "ae fire phenix" who always teleports and knocks back people coming at you.... i would love to see you change it up a bit cause the fifth time just gets boring

about the name thing i have the tendency to slice most of the name off so i dont have to spend twice as much time rattleing off comments in game, and i forgot that AE was a clan tag cause of me just calling you AE in games, so i appologize if that made me sound like a ****

and for the guy who called me a fascist... come on, thats a low blow, im not making these people play on my servers am i? NO a fascist would install software on the players computer making steam incapable of connecting to anyone else's server. as i said before if someone dosnt like my server rules... go find another server, im not exactly "the only game in town" its friggen half life you could find at least five servers with out having to scroll through the list. seeing as how you started the political name calling, why should i have to change my rules just they make a few anarchists(no control) angery? the world is filled with rules.... DEAL WITH IT.

and as far as david's halo example. sure thinks have their own purposes. an AK47 is made to kill or seriously wound people, but there are laws saying you cant kill people, contradiction? YES

do i realy have to argue on the fact that admins can have rules on their server? i mean.... like i said before, its their server, and their server isnt their only option. do lots of people see my server on the list and pass it up due to my rules? most likely, but thats no sweat off my back, it seems that the people who pass up my server are the ones who are the ones who are trying to make me care when realy i dont, hell it takes at least a half hour for people to join my server, i dont realy care...

if your so interested.... ill post a revised version of my rules... but there will be rules... though i like to have the newer players in my server theres no rule saying that if your not new you will be kicked and banned because some people are pretty good and others realy suck.

and the glitch thing... to be honest i havent heard of it untill a few days ago, thats why it isnt in my rules

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not saying "don't put up rules on your server". Every server has it's own set of rules. But I mean, c'mon. The rules on the A.E clan server are ***, but that server is going down shortly so I won't have them changed. But ones like on the Zen clan server and the Mr. clan server are fine. The rules are basically no hacking, and no use of glitches. That's fine with me, I don't care. I don't use glitches anyway. And I'm far from hacking.

As for me teleporting all over the place. No that's the clan leader Tenkensue or how ever the **** you spell his name. He's best known as Spriggan, or Inuyasha. He's the teleporter of the clan. And that's his style. As for my style. I don't change it unless I need to. If something is working for me, I'll keep it the way it is. If I find them starting to get more hits in, i'll change it up to keep them guessing. Until a steam representative e-mails me telling me I have to constantly change my style and adhere to your rules. My style will stay the same :)

Rules are rules, have them on your server, but don't have them take away from someones style of fighting.

You're right there isn't anything in your server rules saying "if you are good you'll be kicked" but it is saying "if you're really good and you do any of these things, i'll kick you" which is majority of what pro's do. Hence forth yes, you'll kick any good players. It's only contradicting yourself.

Now here is what pisses me off, and sounds like something a guy like you would say. When people say to me "oh you want a challenge eh? Okay, how about not doing this, or this or that" which is basically what your rules are saying/implying. Which again, is changing my style.

Or when people tell me to go easy. WTF is easy? I don't know how to not be good. I mean i'm good I'll give myself that, i know I'm not the best, but when complete noobs tell me to go easy, how do I go easy? Let them hit me? Intentionally miss? I mean sure, I can suck ass if I really wanted to, I'd have to try harder to suck than it is to be good. And it pisses me off when they say "c'mon man go easy I'm new"- I'll only feel sympathy if you SERIOUSLY read the manual, MAYBE checked out the tutorial on ESF-world. Hell when I first heard about esf, I went to esf world, I checked things out. I looked at pictures. I couldn't read the manual because it was only in the 1.1 installation, but i mean, i had a good feel of what to do before I got the game. The only thing I was confused on was the blue bar and the white numbers over it. I thought when you charged the blue bar the white numbers went up >.>

That'll be all for now.

Best answers
your making sense, i guess its just because i realy started internet games with mechwarrior 2, the clans on those had a strict honer system going...someone said hold and every one stopped what they where doing... thats probably the reason why i obsess over "fairness"

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Everyone stopping when someone says "hold" is not fairness. That's following orders/doing what someone says. Also saying "hold" doesn't change someone combat style -.-

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom