What annoys you the most in ESF?

What annoys you?

• Being called a hacker by people who hardly even plays.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Being kicked or banned just for being better than the server admin.

• Beam Spammers who just won't quit.

• People who become overly arrogant just because they killed you once.

• Being Throw-Laser assaulted by Frieza users.

• Being hunted down constantly by someone better than you, keeping you from being able to do much.

• Insults like "I bet you're 10 and have no g/f and you play 24/7 u n00b" just because you're better.

• Hackers that just cause trouble for everyone in the server.

• Total voters
Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A list of what happens to me all the time, I'd vote for all if I could, but i vote for flaming newbs (#7).

Best answers
Oh the stuff that annoy me most in esf...ok:
1. Goku can't turn into ssj while he's making a spirit bomb and can't absorb it
2. There is fusion with teh potara rings(which is really cool btw) but there is no fusion dance
3. The game isn't as dynamic as BFP (which is one of the main reasons i like BFP more)
4. You can't move your character while u blast a beam(like in BFP...)
5. Graphics suck at some points..
6. If u don't have a legit copy of hl u can't play esf online

Ok there u go some stuff i don't liek in esf:p The game is good though

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
We should probably leave ESF mods like EVM out of this discussion since they have their own forum.

My problems with ESF have always been with the in-game community. Everybody feels like they are the greatest warrior in the universe, and if you beat them up, they start intentionally going out of their way to do the cheaper combonations (like throw+laser) while mocking and insulting you constantly. This has happened in more games than I can remember, and I can only ignore it so long before it just frustrates me to not wanting to play.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate arrogance in this game. Somebody is always complaining; "Oh you only won because you kept doing blah blah blah"

Then you have the people that are just full of themselves, they act like esf is some kind of real life martial arts tournament. Usually these people like anime, so they will talk like this:

"This argument is pathetic"

"You are inferior to me"

"*sigh* Your poor attempts to insult me are futile"

Then there's that one guy in a server that just won't shut up. Always complaining about something, never just shutting up and playing the game.

Best answers
for me it Beam Spammers, so i drop who ever i am fighting and basicy hound the BSer untill they stop beam spamming. and also noobish people that think melee is crap

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Chakra-X said:
I hate arrogance in this game. Somebody is always complaining; "Oh you only won because you kept doing blah blah blah"

Then you have the people that are just full of themselves, they act like esf is some kind of real life martial arts tournament. Usually these people like anime, so they will talk like this:

"This argument is pathetic"

"You are inferior to me"

"*sigh* Your poor attempts to insult me are futile"
Thats so true. I know a couple of people like that and I can't stand em.

Best answers
what is really irritating is when people has the goku ssj and loves the kamehameha and upon all that,is french.(hmm where did really mythos go..?)
i met this guy when i joined, he had 53 kills.
and we was like "youre all ze lolnoobsasses i can pwnz you allz".
and i thought he was just a beamspammer with no real skill at all, but noooooo, so i ran at him with melee, and as he were goku ssj he telported around 'till my swoop stop ..HAAAAAAAAAA! then i died and he kept on doing that (i really cant figure how they do that, i ried and its amasingly boring) and said "you noob" all the time so i stopped attacking him and he kept on spamming me after i got out of adv melee fights etc ( ffa server, he killed both parts in adv melee!) i got really pissed and told him to stop and he said "waht am i doing?" i told him he were constantly spamming me and he said "i dont spam".
moral : stay away from french people.

Best answers
Raistlin_Majere said:
i happen to like runners and some other "bad" people.
they give people ideas like "omg he ran ill just find someone else then.."
which my tact would be based on pretending to run with a beamjumpthing and then flying right at them in the moment they turn to find another target and then they're on the ground in a kiblob, and if they're really lucky, they'll have a bigbang with that..:D
i love morons who doesent get my tricks even toh i used the same thing 50 times.
its really fun to exploit bad habit players into your own advantage. a definite must-try
I happen to hate the style of running/ambushing (had a hell of a strange week with so many ambushers) because as Shiyojin Rommyu rightly said
"It's only when everyone respects each other, as warriors should, when everyone can enjoy themselves. Even in mortal combat, there are the important factors of equality and mutual understanding." which is what I think is the worst part of esf, the lack of respect most players have for each other, everything else is a breakdown of that bascily

Being called a hacker by people who hardly even plays.
lack of respect for your skill and level of play

Being kicked or banned just for being better than the server admin.
again lack of respect for your skill or level of play

Beam Spammers who just won't quit.
no respect for anyone else who might want to play normally

People who become overly arrogant just because they killed you once.
lack of respect for you as a player

Being Throw-Laser assaulted by Frieza users.
like beam spammers

Being hunted down constantly by someone better than you, keeping you from being able to do much.
lack of respect for you to be left alone

Insults like "I bet you're 10 and have no g/f and you play 24/7 u n00b" just because you're better.
lack of respect for you as a person (which is the worst kind of them all)

Hackers that just cause trouble for everyone in the server
Lack of respect for your right to play

Best answers
I voted for, "Being kicked or banned just for being better than the server admin." because it happens a lot even though I'm not that good.

Other things that bug me a lot are:

people who block instant advanced melee (anyone ever wonder why they call it advanced?) especially if they are good, if they are good why do they need to use such a cheap exploit?

People who think they are playing EVM are also annoying, "omg y cant i go ssj3?"

advanced melee in general because if I wanted to play ddr I would have bought ddr and because I hate when I have to rely on luck to hit somebody and because I get lag spikes because of a wireless connection so if I get one during advanced melee i can't push any arrows and I can consider at least 50% of my health gone because of it.

throwing, its annoying, you can't block it, it takes too long, its too easy for people to roll combo you or ki blob you to death.

ki blobs because even if you are just down 3 seconds they can take away 40+ HP if they get blown up.

I hate people who talk like morons:
omfg i h8 u u r a dam cheetr i hope u di

people who think repeating things with lots of periods makes them look smart:
yes. yes you are a cheater.

people who think they are in an anime:
I see you have aquired certain advantages but they are nothing compared to my superior saiyan powers!

Lastly (and I know this sounds bad but I am not a bad person really) people who greet me and don't know me and people who type gf a lot just because I have to drop everything I am doing and type something back or I will look like an *** hole.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I really hate the people that sit there in the ****ing corner charging up Spirit Bomb's while the rest of us are fighting, and they just sit there, and when were all seperated he launches it and goes, "OMGLOL DID U SE3 THat!? I ****INgNG KioKC ASsSW @ ThiSIS GaMEME!!1." It pisses me off how they think they're good for shooting a spirit bomb in the middle of a melee battle and killing us all.

And I hate kill stealers. and vice versa, kinda. You're having some fun 1v1 melee, and your opponent is almost defeated, when you guys get hit apart, you swoop at eachother and BAM, he hits your opponent and kills them. Then he swoops at you and finishes you. Same thing around, your going at eachother and he attacks you straight up.

It's annoying as ****. AND I WILL HAVE THE ****ING MANGO

Best answers
I hate it when people just keep on tackling you and shooting ki blast or generic beams at you.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I hate it when n00bs start saying things like " OMG UR A TOTAL ***!!! U HAVE NO LIFE. ****ing cheater. P.S. i ****ed ur mom". And all that just cuz you killed him 1 or 2 times >_>

Lost in space
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Meh, i just found something that annoys me. When noobs say "OMG U FCKTARD I H8 U, STOP PUSING AND DO MELEE!" Pushing= basic melee. They don't understand that their so called "pushing" is basic melee. Of course I didn't say anything though. It's funny to watch them scream yell and get mad all over a person they don't even know in a game. But it still annoyed me that they didn't know anything. And people that don't read the manual.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That's what happens when you play people who started off in ESF 1.2, poor unfortunate souls...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
One thing that annoys me thoroughly about ESF is that by default, chat is enabled. I think it should be completely disabled by default. That would eliminate a lot of the arguing.

There are also a lot of rules for ESF that aren't very fair, I think, that contribute to a lot of the problems. Beams and repeated advanced melee should have diminishing returns in order to better facilitate combinations of attacks, for example.

There's also the whole bit when, back in 1.2 or 1.1 I think, they changed simple melee to use your ki amount instead of who hit who first to decide head-ons, resulting in the HOW era. That was just a stupid decision, to change a primary mechanic of the game to accommodate people whose computer connections couldn't handle an 8 to 12 player variant of half-life 1. To me that was what began the whole "Find the exploit/whore the exploit" style of play en masse, which in itself is by far the most aggravating thing in ESF.

I'm also a little upset that the game will not ever be considered for Half-Life 2. For sure it'd be a lot of work but it would also be the best DBZ game ever made, and would for sure get the team some much deserved notice.

I never was all that fascinated by MechMod, either. Sure, it seems like a cool idea and all, but it always bothered me how it seemed to perform so much better than my ESF. Reminded me a lot of a bass player in my most recent band, who brought all his new music ideas to his 'second' band instead of the primary one.

I've also always been burnt about the fact that the double-hit that happens almost every time I get hit is 'Working as Intended.' It doesn't really matter to me if it is how Joe intended it to work or not, I just never thought it was a good part of the game to make it so pathetically easy.

I hate how prepunches don't require any initializing keypress or anything. That means any damn fool who has never played before can swoop into SSJ Vegeta or a Trans'ed Buu without warning and get 12 free punches that give noteworthy amounts of PL.

As if to drive home my above gripe, I am also hugely annoyed by the fact that I regularly see people playing as SSJ Trunks, asking how to melee.

I guess last but not least is the music. The old techno music was at least an attempt at fitting in ESF; the Faulty has absolutely no relation to DBZ, though, and to be honest I think when I logged into the first versions that had Faulty tracks by default I was completely thrown off from enjoying the game by it.

I have a lot of lesser gripes with ESF as it is now. That's why I don't play it anymore. I don't even like trying to beta test it with the others. But I think beyond anything else, the most aggravating thing in ESF is that the menus don't always keep your setting changes. That problem plagued me since beta 1.2.1...though it seems to be working much better for 1.3. I always thought that was the sort of thing that you'd fix right away--but it stayed that way for like 2 or 3 patches. I don't think a lot of people noticed it, to be honest. Better to edit from the console anyway--Steam, in the beginning, was bad news. heh.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Ravendust said:
That's what happens when you play people who started off in ESF 1.2, poor unfortunate souls...
I started in 1.2.1, but I'm not a **** head like that <_<

Freelance Mappzor
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you ask me its all bogas. New people come in to the game and think they are the best in it just cause they pick Goku. After they get there ass kicked tehy start to complain. Hell i hear them "Pushing and flashing is all you can do right." And the other things to. But people dont understand that thats the fastest way to kill someoone. If you use advanced melee you risk geting hit. But when you use simple melee that risk is way lower.

Shure we were all new once but i find it that especialy lately from 1.2.1 on the new people are doing less and less to try to actualy play the game and started to do more complaining at the people who know how to play it. There is less and less people who will actualy try to get better. The rest just calls you a cheater and leave the server.

Even though the game is friendlier to new players there is more and more of such people that come in and think they are the best.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Esf has gotten more newb friendly but the newbs havent gotten friendlier -_-.

When I fight people, they say I hack for the first 5 minutes and then they ask me to teach them. That pisses me off because its so goddamn obvious they've played for no more than a week. Why would someone who has barely played the game call someone a hacker?

In 1.1, newbs (including myself) knew their place. We were the guppies and the pros were the whales/sharks/dolphins/plesiosaurs/whatever. We knew that if we wanted to get good, we had to keep at it. Its not like someone can play the game for a day and start beating the crap outta everyone. Players dont realize that anymore.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Zeonix said:
Esf has gotten more newb friendly but the newbs havent gotten friendlier -_-.

When I fight people, they say I hack for the first 5 minutes and then they ask me to teach them. That pisses me off because its so goddamn obvious they've played for no more than a week. Why would someone who has barely played the game call someone a hacker?

In 1.1, newbs (including myself) knew their place. We were the guppies and the pros were the whales/sharks/dolphins/plesiosaurs/whatever. We knew that if we wanted to get good, we had to keep at it. Its not like someone can play the game for a day and start beating the crap outta everyone. Players dont realize that anymore.
It's because when people play BF2, or counter-strike, they sit there, Ha, a DBZ game from half-life? I'm so going to kick ass at it cause I pwnz0r at BF2 and CSSSSSsz0zr0d. Then they start playing ti and see how much different it is and they just complain how *** it is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom