Weird awakening.

✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, this morning at about 5 am-ish, I woke from a nightmarish dream. (It was actually pretty cool. all dark and left 4 dead/dead island kinda setting.)
As I woke up, rather abruptly I might add, I felt something I can't describe in another way then a static electric ring starting from the outer part of my brain moving inwards to the back of my head. That's what it felt like though, it took about 3 seconds total, and I could just feel it crawl up, and closing in on a single point.

Weird thing is, even though I was wide awake at the moment, wondering what I just experienced, I fell asleep pretty fast after and basically continued with the same dream.
A few minutes later I woke up abruptly for the second time, and had the same sensation again.

Google isn't helping, probably because I can't describe it very well, and I don't think this is worth going to a doctor for, but I'm still rather interested in what happened exactly.
Maybe I was just lying awkwardly and it was the skin on my scalp being weird, or I wasn't fully awake yet despite what I thought I experienced, but it was rather vivid.

Any input on what it might be would be appreciated.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Might be an ear infection. I just got my first one in my life and it feels like something is crawling around in there. Makes it really hard to sleep. I feel like there's a bug in there, but there most certainly isn't, or it'd be dead after the **** I put in there.(It made my ear numb!)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You didn't even read his description, did you?

Also, it sounds harmless. If it keeps happening repeatedly, contact a doctor. Otherwise it sounds like something I have quite often (but with my spine instead).

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
So, this morning at about 5 am-ish, I woke from a nightmarish dream. (It was actually pretty cool. all dark and left 4 dead/dead island kinda setting.)
As I woke up, rather abruptly I might add, I felt something I can't describe in another way then a static electric ring starting from the outer part of my brain moving inwards to the back of my head. That's what it felt like though, it took about 3 seconds total, and I could just feel it crawl up, and closing in on a single point.

Weird thing is, even though I was wide awake at the moment, wondering what I just experienced, I fell asleep pretty fast after and basically continued with the same dream.
A few minutes later I woke up abruptly for the second time, and had the same sensation again.

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/5407/naamlooscxr.png

Google isn't helping, probably because I can't describe it very well, and I don't think this is worth going to a doctor for, but I'm still rather interested in what happened exactly.
Maybe I was just lying awkwardly and it was the skin on my scalp being weird, or I wasn't fully awake yet despite what I thought I experienced, but it was rather vivid.

Any input on what it might be would be appreciated.
Chills.

NOT IN THE MANGA™
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Change the position you sleep in if you don't want the same dream (not sure if that's the case, though). I believe it helped me few times.

Super Saiyan Yamcha
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
it sounds like you slept on a nerve that goes to the brain? and when you woke up it tingled because yo slept on it? other than that go to a doctor if you still aren't sure buddy

ANBU
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
There's no mistaking it. You've been abducted by aliens and brought back(with a probe in your head).

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Could be sleep paralysis. Could be nothing at all. Ive felt something simiar when being ripped from a dream. It feels like jacking out of the matrix. Or in.

Or off.

Last edited:
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
it sounds like you slept on a nerve that goes to the brain? and when you woke up it tingled because yo slept on it? other than that go to a doctor if you still aren't sure buddy

All nerves go to the brain. The brain itself does not "feel" things.

Dudemeister
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Maybe it was just some weird static discharge.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Did you sleep with your socks on?

Judge. Jury. Executioner
👮 Moderator
★ Black Lounger ★
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Seeing as how complicated our body is, your problem could be one of those very rare phenomenon that very few neurologists might know about. Or it could be your brain trolling you.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My brain trolls me constantly. It will not shut up...I literally give myself headaches because I try to think of 10 things at once, which only makes me nearly black out.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
My brain trolls me constantly. It will not shut up...I literally give myself headaches because I try to think of 10 things at once, which only makes me nearly black out.
I see your brain went with quantity, rather than quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom