• Both Sucks ass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both Are Good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Old School
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Actually hes comenting about the people that complain about 1.2, like the topic suggests. What you posted didnt help much either.

I really dont have any complaints aoubt 1.2, I know most of the major bugs will get fixed or tweaked.

Best answers
Correct, and this topic is about what your critiques are about 1.2. I'm sick and tired of these "suck ups" who keep whining whenever something bad is said about the mod, like "OMFG IT'S FOR FREE, IF U DON'T LIKE IT PLAY SOMEOTHER GAME, GG GUYS I DO like the mod" well go asskissing somewhere else, this thread is for critiques, wich are nothing but helpfull.

Best answers
IsrAlien said:
Now, about the suggestions not being read. Do you really expect the team to include every single suggestion made by the community? Not to mention they already have a work load on their hands with adding all the extra transformations, which is plently of models and skins and what not. Plus, most of the threads there use such poor English its sad to read.
i dont by any means think that all suggestions should be put in the game...lets face it some of the suggestions that come out of that section are pure crap...but when a topic goes to 6 pages..it would be nice for a team member to post in it more than once to defend the mod..i mean apparently it has to have something to it...and be well accepted...or else it would just be flamed to death and end up being closed just like every other suggestion thats been mentioned a million times b4..

and really...get off my ass about the way i type...im not writing a research paper for my english 105 class...so if i dont feel like using punctuation i wont...my posts are by far not the hardest to read on these forums...ive seen some that are so incoheirant and badly written that u cant understand ANYTHING...and if u think it makes me ignorant so be it...no skin off my ass...but apparently im not the one that has problems if u judge someone by their typing style alone..

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Forum wise, every idea is rejected. Just take generic balls for example. There was a huge topic about it in suggestions a while back, and in the end it was rejected. Next thing you know, the esf team puts it in. It was the same case for beamjumping.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
1.) As for this being about criticism, it's one thing to constructively criticize and another entirely to ***** and cry about things over and over after they've already been addressed.
2.) I'm sorry about the suggestions section but you all just have to live with the fact a team member isn't likely to post in your thread. I read them and pass some on to the team, and the team itself reads them from time to time. It's pretty much impossible to post "updates" or something like that with regards to whether or not the team likes it because all of the suggestions have to be both determined to be worth bringing up in a team meeting, and then approved at a team meeting and placed somewhere in a future outline.

Best answers
I dont have any complaints about fps or lag. They didn't seem to vary much between 1.1 to 1.2.

I don't use adv. melee, so I'll say what i don't like about simple melee.
I think the best feature about the controls of 1.1 was that there was no akward arrow double-tapping to swoop. You simply clicked mouse 1 and off you went. I know this couldn't have been possible without having a lock-on in the targetting system, but I don't think single direction swooping would have been any worse if implemented in 1.2 than the current forward, backward, left, right, up, down swoop directions. I still play 1.1 and I enjoy not having to fumble over the arrow keys to swoop. This is probably my biggest complaint about 1.2.
The other problem I had with 1.2 was that swoop speeds were throttled a bit. I know the ESF team had good intentions of slowing things down so more players could swoop with greater accuracy, but for myself and those that I played with for the majority of 1.1, we handled the speed and showed true fighting skills. Combo's were executed correctly almost everytime and with style. The combination of the swoop speed and the teleport ability led to multi-combo's... some ranging 4+ hits. I just think it was more fun to combo in 1.1 than it is in 1.2.

I'd also like to know if any beta testers DIDN'T like 1.2. Every single one of them has said they all enjoy 1.2 more than 1.1. And perhaps they do, or maybe they don't want to go against the team because they were given the leet position of betat testing. I was just curious because I would like to know the suggestions of the beta testers who didn't like 1.2, if there are any at all.

And @ those "suck-ups". To say that we should appreciate the game for what it is because the ESF team spent countless time on is BS and neive. What if the game turned out terrible even though the ESF team put their best effort forth and a crap load of time into it.(and I'm in no way calling 1.2 a POS or saying that the ESF team doesn't have mod-skills :D-- just making example) Are we still to hold our appreciation for the game just because someone took the time to do it? I'll be damned if we are told to raise our flags to full staff just because this mod had time invested. Good mods make us believe that the best things in life are free, but a crap mod would surely make that statement FALSE!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Wtf? Lag hasnt varied much from 1.1 to 1.2? Wow....1.1 was 100x's easier to play in 200 ping than 1.2 is. I used to have to play 1.1 with ping anywhere from 180-250, and it was quite bearable. 1.2 is really weird in pings like that.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

Last edited:
Best answers
well what i hate about 1.2 is it deosn't feel like a major improvement to me. Advance mele is a plus, but nothing else really changed; and only 2 combos. Plus theres no variation from player to player.

Best answers
o_O...wtf?....how can u say nothing changed?....lets see...

theres the 24-bit textures
theres new maps
theres the double tap swoop
theres the speed decrease and tele delay
theres melee struggles now for headons
theres new explosions
theres wall jump
theres throw
theres the nurfed simple melee that makes it easy to do multi hit combos with it
theres new attacks with frieza
new gen balls for every character..

and thats just the beginning i know im missing several things...that doesnt even touch the extra cvars and things server side that the team added...to say the game hasnt changed is really...whats the word...dumb?...not trying to be mean but u must not have played 1.2 lately

Best answers
@[-1-]: Its been said so many times, but I'll say it again. HL has its max speed limit. The game was made slower in 1.2 so that we all could get used to it, since 2nd/3rd transformations would need to have a speed increase. Now tell me how could it have a speed increase if you get stuck at the max speed limit.

Oh, and I did play 1.1 and I play 1.2. Havent you played other fighting games where you press two buttons and a combo starts happening? Havent you ever used a "grab" move in a fighting game? Im pretty sure its the same concept here.

Oh, and Im not sucking up... it just so happens that theres a crap load of people out there who enjoy the game, and most of the people who complain, complain about either things that have been explained before or are were just cheap ways to win (HOW etc). The only two things I will agree about 1.2 is the tele delay and how its easier to do combos using regular melee.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I actually remember someone saying there is a speed limit in half life. Besides, even if there wasn't, you wouldn't be able to control the characters anyway because you would be moving too fast.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
i saids i want fast but not that fast.. i want fast like 1.1 not like evm sj3....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
reason they toned down speed is obvious really, if there going to be pumping more transformations, if it was 1.1 speed, the speed would knock over hl's imput rate, thus you effectively lose control of your character combined with the fact that nobody could make contact with you as hitbox contact would not register, in short, they knocked speeds down because you would be going faster than the game can cope and you would not be able to hit people/be hit at all >_>

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
k for me i think the main problem is the adv melee i dont really care for the speed that much,,, should they remove the combos or not?

Best answers
[-1-] said:
and dude this is not dbz budokai or hyper dimension... its esf and the thing is 1.1 was really fast and made SENSE ,,, .... 1.2 with their combos doesnt make any SENSE?? does it??? explain it to me cause it doesnt make any sense to me... this is not an arcade game like dbz hyperdimension...
Why shouldn't it be an arcade game exactly? It's the teams decision. Besides, arcade games are fun. They chose to go in that direction, and guess what? The majority of people enjoy this game in that arcade style.

So why should the team take back all that hard work to cater to the minority (and believe me, you are in the minority here)? That makes no SENSE. If it does make SENSE tell me how it makes SENSE. :\

And here's something for you, when the team explained how they were going to do the melee system, where were you then? Where were your bright ideas back then? If you weren't smart enough to complain about it back when it was in development, when they hadn't done too much hard work to start from scratch again, then I'm sorry, but you don't deserve to be listened to. Dumbass.

Best answers
Heh, I'm glad I'm not the only who has it's doubts about the current melee system.
I already said some stuff in another thread but anyway.

Someone said this before, DBZ is about speed, that speed was partially in esf 1.1 but I can't really find it in 1.2. Well I do find it, but when I finally do it was gone again.
Let me explain that, in 1.1 you could go on forever, your movement never was restriced, only when you got hit by another player or when you were dead, even then it did not take long. The swooping and awesome delayless tele's were all in the players hands.
Now in 1.2 you can swoop, do tele's (even though they're delayed) but as soon as you hit someone.. bye bye speed. From that moment, you have to press arrows. Personally I don't see the skill in that, but ok, until another suggestion comes along it will do for the moment. THIS IS THE PART WHERE THE GAME SLOWS DOWN. You can't do anything. It's called freedom, the player choses his own speed. In 1.2 you can only do this until advanced melee starts. Then the player is stuck, unable to escape, to teleport away to plan a devistating attack. To teleport the other right in the face or to make another awesome combo chain.

Then we have the simple melee from the previous versions. This is were it goes wrong, it doesn't have the power, the potential it used to have.
In 1.1 you could pull off awesome combos, the only restriction was skill and Ki. But now, it's restricted cos n00bs thought it was overpowered. Now you can only pull of 2 or maybe 3 combos if someone hits a wall or a ceiling. This thread shows that there are definatly other people who want the old system back. I might even create a poll for it, I don't know yet but I'm positively sure that there are enough people who loved it and would like to see it back in future releases.

As for the tele delay, it seemed like a good idea, but it does more harm than it does good. Again, it's no longer up to the player to determine speed, it's the game that stops him. Without the delay, you can press it as fast as your fingers would let you, wich takes energy, and the more you do it, the more exciting it gets. Think about it, you're fighting the world's greatest ESF player, you don't wanna get killed and you try to do anything to attack or even avoid his attacks. Your opponent is so incredibly fast it's almost unnatural. You're pressing and pressing that teleport button over and over just to get out of the way. The longer the battle takes, the more you start to sweat. YOU are dodging, it's YOU that is not getting pwned by him, hell you actually hit him and you feel great when he finally dies (even though you died 5x already). At that moment you realise you were working your butt off and you're happy. Adrenaline is rushing through your blood and you're ready for round two.

That is how I experienced beta 1.1. But it's something I will never see in 1.2. Now, you're just focussing on arrows and you get mad cos that random killed you again. For some it is fun, but for me it's not. Why should I spend so much time if even ESFn00b can get half of my HP of me because I got unlucky with the randoms. It's just not right.

Ok ok, another example. I haven't played ESF 1.2 for a month or 2 because I didn't like it, I tried the patch but I'm still not satisfied, anyway, it wasn't just the patch that made me look for ESF again. I was browsing these forums until I saw a thread wich let me download an incredible Music Video. So I did and I watched it, I saw the speed, the cool punches, the adrenaline, the urge to survive. I remembered the days when that was possible, good 'ol 1.1
But since 1.1 is pretty much dead, I tried 1.2 against some bots again just see what the patch really changed. Of course I was slow, playing other mods made me dumb, and I basically sucked. But I tried every day, and I noticed my speed and aim were comming back to me. It went fast and faster.. but then it stopped.. In ESF 1.1 I stopped too once in a while. But when I came back I was pleased I did. I was fast again, the fights got better, the only limit was me.
But the new melee system won't let me get the way I used to be, I feel like I'm inside a cage, a barrier. Now, the most exciting part about ESF 1.2 is wether or not I will dodge that beam or if I'll get those arrows right. Others might enjoy not getting smacked all over the map, but I miss it, I don't really care if it's me or another player that's getting to see all the corners of the map.

Ok, why would I be complaining in the first place? If I like 1.1 that much, I can probably find others who also will right? Ehh, not really

1. Playing the same people get's boring over time
2. It's always nice to meet new people with different abilities and skills
3. Lack of servers, if they ain't online, the best I can do is play with bots.

As you probably noticed, I loved 1.1 even though it had it's flaws. But I simply cannot enjoy 1.2 the way I did with 1.1

Best answers
very...VERY well said carnage... :yes:

and as for this

Scruffie said:
And here's something for you, when the team explained how they were going to do the melee system, where were you then? Where were your bright ideas back then? If you weren't smart enough to complain about it back when it was in development, when they hadn't done too much hard work to start from scratch again, then I'm sorry, but you don't deserve to be listened to. Dumbass.
where were we?...we were protesting it but being beaten down by the 'dont knock it till u try it' frame of mind...just like we are being beaten down now by the 'u dont like it just cause u dont have exploits' or 'change happens get over it' frames of mind...

and honestly...who are u to say that the team would have listened anyway...thats another 'excuse' ppl are using as to y ppl like carnage and i should just shut up and be happy...the fact that 'its the teams game they will do what they want' or 'its free so u shouldnt say anything because the team did it all out of the good of their hearts'...personally i appreciate everything that the team has done with this game...i know how hard it is to keep a mod going..and i know how hard it is to code (ive done both)...but just because they did put a lotta work into it doesnt mean its the l33tzor shizzle....i dont know how many threads were made about how they shouldnt make a 'ddr style' melee system because it would be too slow and boring...

Best answers
I hate nothing about 1.2 cause ESF is still as good as it was in 1.1 for me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom