• Both Sucks ass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both Are Good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
i keep hearing whenever i play esf that 1.2 sucks ass...wat the hell is it that u guys hate about it?..was 1.1 better?

Best answers
hmm... i like 1.2 more... but 1.1 is good too:]

Best answers
there's nothing wrong with steam. Maybe your PC is the problem.

Best answers
Hmmm there is nothing wrong with steam? I think your luck with steam will run out soon ;)

Updates with steam -> takes ages
Updates for steam -> hoho your lucky if you can get it in once.
Friends network -> a total heap of ****e.....its a rare sight if it works O_O

+ that you must fill sv_lan 0 etc to make a non-lan server....no problem for me but a serious lol for people who jsut dont want to know anything about computers, so in other words not noob friendly.

However there is one thing i like about steam...that if you log on to another computer you dont have to install everything.

And thats also really the ONLY thing i like about it :)

Tip

Best answers
Ive never had a probelm updating/getting in, maybe its just you.

Best answers
Updates with steam -> Doesn't take ages minutes.
Updates for steam -> Never had any problems with this 2
Friends network -> Yeah the friends network seems to be under maintence 24/7

As I said for me steam works just fine.

Best answers
Tip said:
Ive never had a probelm updating/getting in, maybe its just you.
Not really no everyone i know has this problem....(as in friends etc)

I even had it a couple of times i got 4 updates of steam in 1 day, and every single one was the same update heh...really i detest steam...

but this aint about convincing you guys that steam sucks i find that it sucks, loved WON tons more...simple more stable and easy to use...nothing more i could wish for :)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam that freezes when i try to play a game is a big problem....and i dont think it would be my pc, since i know other ppl who do have steam working, just doesnt work for me, its to much work, why cant they just make it simple....why did they ever need to create steam, they could also have updated WON, that wouldnt take to much work ;( since everyone has WON with HL

Best answers
I don't have any problems with steam either, other than friendslist like everyone else. I love 1.2 alot better than 1.1.

1 - lock on crap i hate
2 - fps and lag decreased in 1.2
3 - not ki based so no more *** ass hoeing

brainfeeder
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I don't hate 1.2... I just know that it isn't a complete game and that things need to be fixed/added/improved.

That's why this game is in the "Beta" stage.

I'm just another fan waiting patiently for a final version.

Best answers
the whole HL engine is better on steam (better textures and better sound quality for example)

Final Vegeta said:
loved WON tons more...simple more stable and easy to use...nothing more i could wish for :)
stable?? i had soo much crashes with won (especially with esf 1.1), i got no crash since i have steam
steam is very easy to use too (WON GUI sucks)
one of the best thing of all: you don't have to search for updates yourself

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Won wasn't really all that stable. It worked, but it didn't always work really well. I don't have problems with steam. The only updates that take a long time are the first ones you have to go through when you install it, after that they've only been taking a little under a minute for me, and you should appreciate that they're actually improving steam with updates, whereas Won has been fixed for a very long time. People are complaining about Friends. Did Won have friends? I didn't think so. You can't really complain about a feature that you can't compare to anything else. When it does work it's awesome, and when it doesn't it's just like Won again.

They created Steam because Won was old and clunky, they wanted to create something cutting edge, and they probably didn't have a whole lot else to do in that department at the time... Won worked, but it was ancient. The idea that I can download any game they make by paying online without having to go looking for it is a good one, even if it's a little flawed (not everybody has that good of a connection). If you can get it working, it's great. If you can't, I'm sorry, maybe it'll get fixed in a later update.

Edit- I just realized this thread isn't about Steam, it's about 1.2, so let's get it back on topic.

Best answers
if updates take long, it is because u got america offline, they might say its #1 but its one of the crapiest online connection.

This isn't really about Steam, and it certainly isn't about trashing AOL. ~Boyster

Best answers
:devgrin: There is nothing to hate about this nor should there be stupid friggin threads like this. ESF is an increadible modification reguardless of 1.1 or 1.2, it seems to only get better. If there is something you hate about ESF DONT PLAY IT THEN. Simple as that!!!!

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Stfu "theace". He asked for opinions, so thats what hes getting. There are a few things i dont like about esf such as the tele delay, advanced melee, the way simple melee is executed now, and finally the overall speed.

The tele delay is there because people would abuse tele in 1.1 (so people say....).

Advanced melee seems pointless to me, but hopefully the patch will change that.

Simple melee seems really really cheap nowadays. Being able to hit your opponent 3 times without him being able to do anything is kinda stupid. Especially since it doesnt require any skill to execute.

Finally, swoops and generally the overall speed has been slowed down in order to make the new trans speed seem significant. I understand this so it doesnt really bother me.

Basically, little things that have been changed from 1.1 have become annoying, but overall, 1.2 is better than 1.1. Hopefully 1.3 will continue to improve on melee and various other aspects of the game.

Best answers
Woah buddy. One thing is for sure if you dont like the advanced melee then go play BFP or something man. The Advanced part of the combat is awesome you are probibly one of those pre punch then throw all the damn time people so really dont wanna hear it friend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom