• Both Are Good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
sadasdsadsa

Last edited:
Best answers
Pressing a few buttons and causing a combo is just as believable as clicking the mouse a few times to hit the opponent away. In fact, Jesus, it's more believeable. More realistic fighting anyway. No one, in any fight, ever, just rammed into the opponent and knocked them away, and continued doing that until their opponent was dead. I don't see how you think that's more 'real' than the current system.

And what I said about the hard work they put in? Hey, maybe it's me sucking up, and maybe it's me having respect for the team, your call, but mostly I meant that you should understand that the team is hardly going to take back all their hard work to listen to a few *****y, moany bastards who don't think it's 'real' enough (What do you mean 'real' anyway? DBZ is pretty damn far from real...)

So 70% of people from 1.1 don't like 1.2? Really? Where's your evidence mate? Even if that IS true (which I doubt :\) that doesn't change the facts shown in this poll.

This poll not only includes people from 1.1 days, but people that joined since 1.2. So, according to the poll, a possible 72.72% of the users on this forum like 1.2 (that includes people that like 1.1 as well). Sounds like a majority to me. :S

And hey, you can call me a suck up if I want, but it's kind've stupid to call someone a suck up just because their on the teams side... don't you think?

Best answers
esfzealot said:
i keep hearing whenever i play esf that 1.2 sucks ass...wat the hell is it that u guys hate about it?..was 1.1 better?
People that hate it just suck at it pretty much.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers
[321321312

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Pressing a few buttons and causing a combo is just as believable as clicking the mouse a few times to hit the opponent away. In fact, Jesus, it's more believeable. More realistic fighting anyway. No one, in any fight, ever, just rammed into the opponent and knocked them away, and continued doing that until their opponent was dead. I don't see how you think that's more 'real' than the current system.

And what I said about the hard work they put in? Hey, maybe it's me sucking up, and maybe it's me having respect for the team, your call, but mostly I meant that you should understand that the team is hardly going to take back all their hard work to listen to a few *****y, moany bastards who don't think it's 'real' enough (What do you mean 'real' anyway? DBZ is pretty damn far from real...)

So 70% of people from 1.1 don't like 1.2? Really? Where's your evidence mate? Even if that IS true (which I doubt ) that doesn't change the facts shown in this poll.

This poll not only includes people from 1.1 days, but people that joined since 1.2. So, according to the poll, a possible 72.72% of the users on this forum like 1.2 (that includes people that like 1.1 as well). Sounds like a majority to me.

And hey, you can call me a suck up if I want, but it's kind've stupid to call someone a suck up just because their on the teams side... don't you think?
When he said real, he meant true to the show. First let me start by saying 1.1 was a lot more true to the show then 1.2 is. A big part of this was that the swooping speeds were faster (I know they had to be, but it doesn't change the fact that they looked cooler faster) Next, 1.2's advanced melee doesn't look anything remotly close to dbz. I was playing the other day and my four year old brother came up to me (He watches dbz just so you know) and said "How come there just standing still?" Next thing he says "*laughs* they must be tird. They're punching so weak". If the game can't fool a four year old, who can it fool? Ok, 1.2 doesn't look anything like dbz. Does 1.1? Yes, I can safely say that it does. I'll take another example of what someone said. I was in a server a long time ago (was during 1.1) and was fighting someone really good, I forget who it was. Anyway, some noob joins and says somthing to the effect of "Wow, you guys are so good. Why watch dbz when I can just watch you guys fight" (No joke, someone said that).

And I would think that he has some respect for the team. He is still here, in this forum, so long after 1.2 was released. He would have no reason to be here if he didn't believe that the esf team could improve the game. If he didn't believe that and hates 1.2 as much as he says in the post, then doesn't that mean he has more respect for the team compared to the members that just flat out left the game when they didn't like 1.2?

Next up, the poll is flawed on many levels. The facts shown in this poll mean nothing. The people that flat up and out left esf because of 1.2 (there are quite a few) are not included. Next, people that don't play the game like XsilentlyXdiesX here [he said he didn't play 1.2 in another thread (sorry about using your name, I'm just using you as an example. If you want me to edit it out, just pm me)] are included in the poll. Not to mention all the poeple that played the game for a day then quit (They're included too, this thread was made around the same time 1.2 came out)

And for what XsilentlyXdiesX said:
People that hate it just suck at it pretty much.
That really couldn't be more wrong. I like to consider myself good at 1.2, I'm quite confident that I'm atleast better then you, someone who doesn't play the game; I don't like 1.2. Actaully, I'm inclined to say that people that were good at 1.1 are better then the people that weren't good at 1.1. With that statement, you're saying that all the people that were good at 1.1 and hate 1.2 (Again, this is quite a few people) are bad at 1.2? All the basic elements from 1.1 are in 1.2, the only thing to learn would be advanced melee, which I'm sorry to say, isn't hard to learn. It took me 10 minutes to master.

I'm not really trying to insult 1.2 here, I've done enough of that since it came out. All that I'm trying to do is say that 1.1 wasn't as simple as people make it sound.

✔️ HL Verified
Best answers

Last edited:

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It would be nice if groovy could post that demo he showed on the forums a while back. Man, that thing was sick.

Cunning as Zeus
Banned
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Scruffie said:

So 70% of people from 1.1 don't like 1.2? Really? Where's your evidence mate? Even if that IS true (which I doubt :\) that doesn't change the facts shown in this poll.

This poll not only includes people from 1.1 days, but people that joined since 1.2. So, according to the poll, a possible 72.72% of the users on this forum like 1.2 (that includes people that like 1.1 as well). Sounds like a majority to me. :S

I didnt want to say anything, but this post really got to me.

1) How tf is standing perfectly still and pressing directions more realistic than running or flying towards your opponent and decking him in the face? Tell me, when you fight someone do you hit them 10 or so times and begin to input what "move" you want to perform? Or do you go up to the guy, punch him in the face, kick him, or tackle him at full speed (or all of the above). I dont know, the second scenario seems more realistic to me.

2) You may not be sucking up. I'll give you that one, but you sure as hell are blindly following them. Obviously people have issues with the new melee system. If everyone loved it, we wouldnt be on page 6 or w/e. There is a flaw with melee in 1.2. Everyone has said it more than once, and you still dont understand. Ill repeat it again for you.

Advanced melee is slow as hell. If im not in charge of the movement of my character, i get irritated. I dont wanna stand still dodging attacks by pressing w,a,s,d or w/e. Thats just dumb.

Having a teleport delay is also dumb. I dont like being held back just because there is a single sinister individual that uses the scroll lock or a script to teleport.

I use simple melee, but i still consider it garbage. First of all, i cant hit you more than 3 or 4 times (including the ground, wall, or ceiling hit). Secondly, i cant attack you right after you recover. I have to wait a few milliseconds or w/e. Sure, milliseconds seem very fast but war is also very fast paced. Every second matters. When i swoop towards you right after you recover, all i do i bump into you. You can just tap right click, and ill take the damage.

When you combine these slower, noobified elements, it creates a game that isnt as fast paced as its predecessor was and is also less enjoyable. I like speed. Hell, i love speed. Fighting as a ssj in 1.1 was a rush. Especially since i could get hit so many times from so many different angles. Not only were the amount of times i could get hit limitless, but the person attacking me could teleport as quickly as he wanted to in order to confuse me and finally attack me.

When i first played 1.1, I joined a server called scorched earth for the first time. I fought a person named Hybrid. I didnt really know much, so i thought id learn something by fighting him. He teleported all over the place, kicked my ass 100 different ways. How did i feel? I felt excited. This was my exact thought: I want to fight like him. No, i want to be the best! Thats how 1.1 made me feel. I wanted to be great so i could move faster than a person can see and so i could beat the best to become the best.

Do i still feel the same way? No. 1.2 is nowhere near as fast. I no longer feel the urge to become awesome in this game. Could it be that ive outgrown esf? Maybe, but i doubt thats it. I continue to play 1.2 in an attempt to maybe find that something that made 1.1 so great. Have i found it yet? No. But im still searching.

Hopefully the creators of esf will hear our *****ing and moaning. Maybe they'll understand that perhaps advanced melee isnt as great as people say. Maybe there is some truth to what the veterans of 1.1 say. Who knows. Only time will tell, friends. I ask you to do one thing though. Dont say 1.2 sucks. Dont say 1.1 sucks. They are both good in their own repects. Just think of 1.2 as a step in the stairway to a better esf. Im sure we will all be pleasantly be surprised by 1.3. Sure, new trans will be awesome. But what im looking forward to is the melee system. I am looking forward to a better melee system. Im sure they are already hard at work, trying to better the system some of us have grown to hate. I end this post here.

P.S. When these new people play esf, they are amazed by it. Why dont they realize the flaws in 1.2? The answer is simple: 1) They have nothing to compare it to & 2) They are wowed by the fact that there is a dbz game for hl that looks so pretty

Best answers
As for the "ramming ur opponent until you win"...

#sumowrestling

Yeah... believe it or not it's a sport. And it's exactly what u said doesn't happen.

eeep

btw...

the esf team has said there would be changes. end plz

Best answers
Hibiki said:
the thing i hate about esf is release parties

partly because i end up being the only one there
If they weren't at like 2 am here i would show up

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm tired of all of this *****ing about skill. "So and so takes no skill, obviously, just look at it." What the hell is skill? Are you programming for the modification? Are you creating the maps? Are you constructing the models? No, you're tapping on your keyboard and flinging your mouse around. My point is if you're going to say anything about ESF takes skill you can't pick and choose. Saying someone whose wrist moves a little faster than someone else's means they are more skilled is beyond me. It's true you learn to jerk your wrist in different directions at different sensitivities, great, but you also learn to press different keys in advanced melee against different opponents, or you learn how to button mash more effectively, just like you learn to detonate your beams more carefully and kill more often.

Don't make skill the crutch of your argument. Also I can vouce that 80% of ape did not quit come 1.2 . In fact, 99% of the numbers anybody has given in this thread about people quitting are bull**** they coughed up just to make their argument look better. Nobody is out tracking people down asking if they still play. From my observations more people quit after 1.1's release than 1.2's, but maybe that's just me.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
Sonic Boyster said:
I'm tired of all of this *****ing about skill. "So and so takes no skill, obviously, just look at it." What the hell is skill? Are you programming for the modification? Are you creating the maps? Are you constructing the models? No, you're tapping on your keyboard and flinging your mouse around. My point is if you're going to say anything about ESF takes skill you can't pick and choose. Saying someone whose wrist moves a little faster than someone else's means they are more skilled is beyond me. It's true you learn to jerk your wrist in different directions at different sensitivities, great, but you also learn to press different keys in advanced melee against different opponents, or you learn how to button mash more effectively, just like you learn to detonate your beams more carefully and kill more often.

Don't make skill the crutch of your argument. Also I can vouce that 80% of ape did not quit come 1.2 . In fact, 99% of the numbers anybody has given in this thread about people quitting are bull**** they coughed up just to make their argument look better. Nobody is out tracking people down asking if they still play. From my observations more people quit after 1.1's release than 1.2's, but maybe that's just me.
ok button mashing is soo fun i press a few buttons do the same thing over and over and over again isnt that fun,, the same boring thing all u do is stand there and dodge,,,,, im just trying to prove that adv melee is garbage,,,and i can button mash effectively there is no skill to it im not complaning im just showing u its just garbage,,, ok im no progammer or anything but wat the hell are u talking about wat does a programmer has to do with this??? im just telling u when u guys made adv melee i was soo excited then when i really found out wat it was,, it really sucked cause i noticed ur just doing the same thing over and over and combos dont make any sense,,, and basic melee isnt just doing the same thing over theres a 100 diff ways u can use it..

there was skills in 1.1 cause it use to be soo fast and flinging your mouse was fun there was 200 ways u can hit plp cause it was really fast and who cares about the mouse it matters in game plp can hit other plp whoever was fast enuff

and sum plp quit 1.1 because they wanted to wait for 1.2 and get rid of the 1.1 skills

and i heard the ape clan is quitting esf ask ape gohan urself refer to this thread,,
http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?p=513862#post513862

theres no use complaining about this apparently u guys wont change adv melee so i think theres no point of posting anymore... someone plz close this thread.....who looks at this anyways.. end this already

Best answers
theres no use complaining about this apparently u guys wont change adv melee so i think theres no point of posting anymore
Giving up so soon? If enough people are against, they'll make changes if they wish to keep their fans. Take a look at my post a little above, we are bashing 1.2 constantly but no one thought of anything "better" yet. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that they MUST change or else... no, it's a possible solution but then again, changing all the code/animations is the last thing they want to do, which is understandable.

But take a look and read, you might just see something you like.

Best answers
actually i like 1.2 its made the gameplay alot more enjoyable and with the new finnaly released patch its even better... but thats just my opinion

Best answers
And you're allowed to have that it, I can't do anything about it. But I think the ESF team realises that something is wrong if more and more people are starting to complain. People learn from their mistakes and so will the team, if not... No, I have faith in the team that they will make ESF as loved as it once used to be. Untill then, I'll see if I can help.

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
Sonic boyster i won't flame u any more (one more flame and u won't be seeing me no more :p) We all know u love 1.2 and that you said their was skill needed in 1.2 because u had to think about the next move u make. But really is that dbz like? No what is dbz about? it's all about the speed. If u want to think about the move u are about to make I suggest u should play chess and because dbz is all about the speed they should remove the teleport delay (in dbz som1 could teleport behind u in a instance. Do i want that? No i don't but the old teleport was good so enough no one actually complained about it)
The new knocback.... Who here rather wants a knocback where u kick ur oppenent 5 inches and u need one teleport to make a 2 hit combo. Unlike a fast and hard knocback where u actually put effort into your combos. If you watch dbz the old knockback was way more dbz-ish and the combos you could make in 1.1 is also like dbz. The only thing that was missing were more posibilities, not n00bification.

Resting in H.E.L.L
Banned
Best answers
theres no point there not gonna listen...enough plp hate 1.2 but not too many plp never comes to forums and say something so theres no point theres,,, too many noobs seen 1.2 and they went wow this is the best so theres no point were just a miniority so they wont listen cause we played 1.1 and they didnt...

Lost in space
Banned
Best answers
1.2 would be 2x better if they kept the speed that was once required to be good at 1.1

Best answers
I dont hate 1.2 i actually like it only the patch has some bad sides imo.

And the reason why 1.2 is slow is because 1.3 needed room for more speed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom