• Both Sucks ass

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Both Are Good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Best answers
Yeah so uh...

Steam is complete crap.
I have a broadband connection, and a top of the line computer.
Steam has a bad habbit of downloading the same update multiple times.
Steam has a bad habbit of having a friends list that rarely works and even when it does it sometimes has innaproriate characters. (You can't say that "oh well if it doesn't work oh well.. won didn't even have it" )

Ok so i create a new cutting edge game... and it has all these great features.. problem is, they barely work. But when they do it's great.

So you are gonna sit here and tell me that even if it works once in a full moon that that game is better than the others because it atleast has those features?

wow no...

I'm more than willing to admit won was anchient. And I understand they are making steam more and more stable with more updates. BUT THEY DIDN't NEED to convert to steam from won if steam is an unfinished product.

It was released ungodly buggy, and then they constantly have to patch it. They aren't releasing upgrades for steam they are releasing friggin patches to fix all of it's flaws. IT shouldn't of been like that in the first place.

And the sv_lan 0 thing is really annoying.

But! on topic! 1.2 > 1.1 . 1.2 has so much potential when more combo's and what not are added and the gameplay is sped up. :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Steam is uber-customizable, though. If you edit certain files, you can make menu options for all of your server side options. I did that, I have options for lan or internet games, as well as a lot of other command-only variables.

And if it's done correctly--which is hard, cause they've changed it like five times--it works REALLY well.

Best answers
Ultima2_freeze No Combos, thats what everyone hates about 1.2 lol

Best answers
there is cobos, but wot i hate most is newbies bostin about how good they are, gettin there ass kiked and runin off sayin how easy this all is and how they need some real chalenge when infact they need some people to train with.

Best answers
[RaideN] said:
Ultima2_freeze No Combos, thats what everyone hates about 1.2 lol
Either definition of combo(adv melee or simple) is possible

Best answers
Well, 1.2... yeah I miss 1.1 to say the least. I just got into 1.2 recently, within the week.

Things I hate

- Tele delay is annoying
- Double tap swoop.. me sometimes if u have 100 ping it gets annoying because it does work, always kills me.
- Advanced melee. Sucks, The only way a skilled player can get hit is if it's a random and he hits the wrong button. And it's quite annoying.
- I miss the 1.1 melee combos when they bounced off the walls and ground :(
- Swoop speeds are to slow

Things I love

- No locking on, that annoyed me.
- FPS and Lag Reduction
- Head ons (Could use some more accuracy, it's kinda random) Instead of the stupid hoeing.
- New maps.. 24 bit textures and stuff

To me... if i had to give a percent to each with i like more...

1.1 - 30%
1.2 - 70%

I just need to get used to 1.2

Best answers
oh cmon its far better than 1.1 there are minor things like double tap swoop or tele delay but when a newbie comes on a server and see's like 3 after efects and than a combo.... it really makes my day :D

Best answers
esfzealot said:
it wasnt just about howers and side hits its about tricking them... there wasnt really any tech in 1.1 it was just how they were playing they did wicked tricks and stuff you know like draylock he was the king of hower every 1 fell for his howers he can trick u soo good that u would always fall for it and this guy named inuyasha if u played with him his tele skills were soo good u wouldnt even know where he came from.. i agree there wasnt much in 1.1.. but the thing is in 1.2 it just doesnt make any sense its not DBZ... i love the gen balls in 1.2...
but if u added 1.1 melee without so many changes with 1.2 stuff it would've been wicked... but it could have sucked too...

i think we can all agree that:
both 1.1 and 1.2, well both had their spot, both have qualities that are good, but both have major flaws i think people just have to think of something better.

Well all my questions have been answered, feel free to reply dont close this yet plp might have ideas

ps. the generic balls are fine theres nothing wrong with them

assisted with this topic and posts : (doesnt want to reveal himself) and [-1-]
Learn english.

Best answers
Jesus.

1.1 was all about a lucky hit or beams....it was all spam. Run by, hit somebody, try to beam them, run away. And people try to play 1.2 the same way, which is stupid. They just hit with basic, get the double hit, and beam beam beam. Or, if they suck, just get one hit then beam. Or throw.

At least advanced isn't just "one hit for cheap combo" you actually have to compete against their combat DIRECTLY, not just fly behind them and punch them in the ass. Basic melee whores just spam it, trying to get an easy hit that can't be defended and is easy to abuse. And it IS abused.

Here's the thing about advanced: Randoms ARE the hits, sure. But if you get a predictable pattern going, then they're going to counter those too. So you have to get a pattern going with a few variations, so those randoms they miss, and can lead to a good combo, if you know what you're doing. Just stupidly putting in arrows won't cut it for advanced.

The beam jump? It's great. The explosion at the base of it? Not. People beam jump away from advanced melee fights, and when the fight splits, boom, cheap lil blast they can't avoid.

Swooping is just fine. People who say it's too slow aren't doing it right. And yeah, people abuse the living hell out of teleporting. Some use it in the double-hit, some just use it CONSTANTLY to run away until the guy's busy with somebody else.

Kill the special beam cannon, kill the finger/eye laser, and I'm so goddam tired of krillins who sit in the corner and fire scatter beams, over and over and over. If people didn't play like wimps then 1.2 would be great.

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
That's not something wrong with the game, it's a system issue. Fact of the matter is, there's MORE stuff on screen and higher texture resolution now.

Swooping IS the primary combat movement...or at least, it's supposed to be. When people ABUSE the teleport system, and make other people mad, they're not really playing it as it was intended.

Those two points bring me to my only complaints about 1.2:
1. People blame ESF's technical problems on the game and not on their setups. If the game runs really good for even a handful of other people outside of the team that develops it...then the game technologically has no major problems, it's just a conflict on a system to system basis.

2.) People who primarily don't like 1.2 because they can't HOW/LSM/Tele-Melee/Insta-Counter/Telebind anymore.
Awesome...I don't hate you. But people still do tele-melee....anything to win I guess :S

Best answers
wow...a triple post and a flame?...ur in good with the mods now <_<

the fact is that everything u stated about 1.2 has been said b4...and its been argued against till everyone is blue in the face...with this thread combined with the "who plays 1.1 more" thread its clear that 1.1 was generally liked more than 1.2....it mighta been considered cheap to some ppl that just dont get the concept of it...but it was fun as hell...1.2 gets boring VERY fast and thats what everyone doesnt like about it

Best answers
Willow said:
Jesus.

1.1 was all about a lucky hit or beams....it was all spam. Run by, hit somebody, try to beam them, run away. And people try to play 1.2 the same way, which is stupid. They just hit with basic, get the double hit, and beam beam beam. Or, if they suck, just get one hit then beam. Or throw.

At least advanced isn't just "one hit for cheap combo" you actually have to compete against their combat DIRECTLY, not just fly behind them and punch them in the ass. Basic melee whores just spam it, trying to get an easy hit that can't be defended and is easy to abuse. And it IS abused.

Here's the thing about advanced: Randoms ARE the hits, sure. But if you get a predictable pattern going, then they're going to counter those too. So you have to get a pattern going with a few variations, so those randoms they miss, and can lead to a good combo, if you know what you're doing. Just stupidly putting in arrows won't cut it for advanced.

The beam jump? It's great. The explosion at the base of it? Not. People beam jump away from advanced melee fights, and when the fight splits, boom, cheap lil blast they can't avoid.

Swooping is just fine. People who say it's too slow aren't doing it right. And yeah, people abuse the living hell out of teleporting. Some use it in the double-hit, some just use it CONSTANTLY to run away until the guy's busy with somebody else.

Kill the special beam cannon, kill the finger/eye laser, and I'm so goddam tired of krillins who sit in the corner and fire scatter beams, over and over and over. If people didn't play like wimps then 1.2 would be great.

I remember you ingame. You complain about my playing style while i whooped youre ass.

Anyway you make it sound like simple melee can't be resisted this is not true at all. You can block it or avoid it and even counter it with youre own melee.

There is no melee abuse that should be dangerous only beam abuse is.

Now advanced melee is fun and all but it does slow down the gameplay and is based on a little luck not skill. sure you can make unpredictable patterns but you need luck too make them randoms unless youre playing against complete noob.

People beamjump or wait for the end of a adv. melee fight is lame but that really is not a big problem.

Teleport being abused? :tired:

There is a delay now.
And i really dont see what you are talking about. People use it for double hit?
SO?
People use it for escaping?
SO?

If they want to escape they could put turbo on and beamjump as well and you never get them.

Kill special beam cannon?

You can avoid it easely. I find controllable beam much more dangerous.
But noobs do get killed by it often.

Kill finger/eye laser?

Again doesnt make any sense at all.

Krillin scatter lamers?

Yes they can be dangerous if you dont pay any attention.
Overall they only killing the noobs.
If you hate them soo much just hunt them down like i sometimes do.

I dont know how you play this game but one thing is sure.
EVERYONE WHO PLAYS THE GAME A LITTLE DIFFERENT THEN YOU SUCKS.

Hope to see you online again soon. :laff:

Have a nice day.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Won is going down real soon so no point in trying it on half life. And yeah, warning :warning: to willow for breaking multiple rules. I should give you two but I'll let it go if you clean up your act.

Best answers
[RaideN] said:
1.2 Complaints...
-Tele delay
-Swoop ki usage
-Advanced melee. I hate it, there is no skill for this, the only way to hit a skilled play is if you get a random and he/she hits the wrong button. That and it's just annoying, 1.1 melee all the way!
I hate 1.1 compared to 1.2
-If you're to close to someone u cant swoop, wtf is that?
-Lock on, despise it

thats the only reason i hate 1.1, 1.2... love it.
Ummm ... am I the only one who sees the irony here?

There's nothing wrong with Advanced Melee, although it may be considered a tad slow, it's one helluva lot more like DBZ than Swoop-Hit-Tele-Hit-Tele-Hit-Beam.

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Advanced melee IMO is nothing like DBZ. 1.1 melee was much closer to most of the battles in dragonball Z than anything from 1.2 is, but different doesn't always mean terrible. Things will shift around in 1.3 and we'll see how melee gets adjusted.

Best answers
Originally Posted by Omni
Kill special beam cannon?

You can avoid it easely. I find controllable beam much more dangerous.
But noobs do get killed by it often.

Kill finger/eye laser?

Again doesnt make any sense at all.

Krillin scatter lamers?

Yes they can be dangerous if you dont pay any attention.
Overall they only killing the noobs.
If you hate them soo much just hunt them down like i sometimes do.
Couldn't agree more with that!
But getting to the point what i hate the most is the speed... Too slow unless you trans, then it seems more normal :] liked it better on 1.1 but as others said probably all I have to do is get used to it!
And maybe beam jumping should expend more ki than it really does! Hate when those beam spammers keep running away from me with those, until i get sick of pursuiting them and battle another player ;(
However not everything is bad of course and specially howing is no more! :)

Best answers
I think 1.3 with a slightly tweaked melee system would be great. The increased speed of the game, in addition to the increase speed levels from higher transformations.. i think is going to infinately add to the game.

Best answers
I like how people say "it's easy to avoid special beam cannons/scatter beams/beam jumps/random spam", but they talk like people are always paying direct attention to a spamming idiot. So you can dodge the special beam cannon when the piccolo sits right behind you while you melee and blasts you as you float back, before you can recover midair? It must be a real feat to be able to block all of these things with your BACK. Because beam-spamming is always done by cowards floating around and shooting other fights.

Teleport abuse? It's just teleport, charge, teleport, charge, teleport, charge, over and over until the guy chasing you gets attacked by somebody else. It's how beam spammers avoid actually....fighting.

And omni, you don't get killed by the beams because you're always the one throwing the spam, and doing the basic-dash-basic-blast-kishot stale combo. It's easy to "pay attention" while you're sitting in the corner. Wussing the game out and whoring for kills...give me a heads up when I should be impressed by the same thing over and over.

Advanced melee is GOOD. It may be a little slow, but it's how you use it. But I know...people hate it, because damnit, they just can't abuse it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom