• Both Are Good

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Teleport abuse has already been handled, and spam is never going to go away, that's just a way people choose to get their frags. It would be easy for the players getting hit to turn on the guy spamming attacks but they don't, and that's their fault.

Advanced melee is easily "abused." Hit someone, fire off three strong attacks. Odds are at least one will land, and if it happens to be the last one your opponent can't retaliate. Even if it isn't that third one they still get less attacks to retaliate with. It's all a gamble of the dice.

The fact that people can retaliate at all turns people off. You landed the first blows, why should your opponent get free attacks on you? Those are the reasons people don't like advanced melee. Simple melee isn't abusable, it's just more effective. It was designed to work the way it does, and after this up and coming patch it'll be less effective. That wont stop people from using it though.

Best answers
1.1 was good. 1.2 is better. Once you can figure out the combos and use them all right it does heaps of damage. It is also an awesome concept, much better than any of the other DBZ mods ever. Steam is fine. I admit it took a while to set it up with all the updates, but i've been using it for a month now and it runs as smooth if not smoother than the WON system. If you are having a problem with steam, it is more than likely that the problem is your computer. Lastly, as TheAce said, if you don't like this game please **** off and die, i am sick of people in ESF servers complaining when they keep losing because "The game sucks"

Best answers
If basic melee drained ki, like prepunch does, then wouldn't be hit dash hit blast teleport away away away. It'd be more like hit, daaaaaash...maybe hit if he had enough ki.

And even with only a few, strong hits in advanced, there's plenty of time to retaliate. After a few rounds with the same guy, you'll be able to figure out his favorite last hit, and just avoid that one enough to chain into something decent. But even using advanced like that, you lose ki from prepunch, and you have to contend with their attacks.

I just got through a "rousing" game where one guy would double hit, toss some beams, then go after the next nearest guy until he hit SSJ, then he just beam spammed and teleported across the map when somebody came after him. I figure a nice recovery time and some ki drain from basic melee would really make fighting more diverse....one block and you're hanging there.

The up side, at least, was some people used advanced and used it well. I was against somebody who knew both the combos pretty clearly, and after he saw I knew them too be both were tossing out little variations, cutting one into another to make hitting too fast risky. Between us, we landed 2 combos on one another, and some random hits and punches in between, and it was a decent fight. Between that and head-ons, you can get a really GOOD fight out of more than just running around hoping for the first hit.

Best answers
Willow said:
And omni, you don't get killed by the beams because you're always the one throwing the spam, and doing the basic-dash-basic-blast-kishot stale combo. It's easy to "pay attention" while you're sitting in the corner. Wussing the game out and whoring for kills...give me a heads up when I should be impressed by the same thing over and over.

Advanced melee is GOOD. It may be a little slow, but it's how you use it. But I know...people hate it, because damnit, they just can't abuse it.
I never spam beams like kame/special cannnon/mouthblast.

In a public(noob) server you can get easy frags with it, yes, when i see someone use it time after time i will hunt them down.

The thing is when i play in a public server i never "focus" on someone. I will never be on the same place and use a lot of "fly and let fall". Its verry rare if i dont see a beam incomming. But there are maps like city where the splash damage will get me killed. I hate that map. :]
But this is probably a skill issue, you learn over time.

I engage in melee 80% of the time and 90% of the time it will be simple melee unless i play Buu i will throw them to the ground (98% of the people dont seems know how to jump out) so i can candy them.

I always melee hit 2x and throw 2-3 ki blasts, why?, because its the most effective way to damage someone in a melee fight. Also i seem to use general beam more and more especially with goku tele beam. They are verry usefull even in a melee fight cause it will make the enemy drop down from a swoop and you can attack. But where i play i seem to be the only one.

So why dont i use adv melee?
1. its slows down my playing style ALOT.
2. Randoms will hurt me, and there is nothing i can do about it.
3. I'm a sitting duck for a beamspammer.

Now you know how i a play a bit, if you think thats lame...well there are many players much lamer then me out there.

Still i get scores of 100-10 on a public server and always around a 8:1 kill ratio depending on the char i play.
Yes i realise that most players seem to be of a avg age of 12 and have no idea what they are doing. (im 21 myself maybe that has something to do with it)

So maybe i seem to know what im doing just a little.........

Best answers
:| Most good players don't even use combo's anymore. Mostly because A. They use simple melee and beams. and B. They are easy to block and predict.

haha, i was at 19mill and some 3mill guy thought he was cool pullin off tripple combo in a fight. ( :( which took me down to like 80 hp >=^D )... :D I got a lil frustrated and decided "meh, i know this is cheap... but time for 1 combo!!"

< ^ >< ^ >^<><^><><v>^v^ :D He died, pssh.. stupid people with 3mill think they wanna get me usin a combo at 19mill :X hhahha... <3

:( 119-10 ... THAT MEANS I'm > you Omni -_-

But hey, i give 1.2 some major props. In 1.1, even at the highest levels of skill, the fights were usually not truely exciting and generic... (tele-charge, swoop, beam jump, tele-charge, swoop)... but after a long fight last night with someone worthy of my talents :D (yeah.. it's been a while since i've seen one of those :p ) ... I realized how less and less generic and "slow" 1.2 is at higher stages of skill. I mean, i could never really predict what was gonna happen next. And the second i lost sight of my target i couldn't simple teleport and swoop away till i could see him.. oh no.. that'd get me killed :X

:D i won of course... -_-

Best answers
Sonic boyster once again i say this if you weren't elite in 1.1 you can never understand why people liked 1.1 more then 1.2. Even the head beta tester (aka groovy) likes 1.1 better.1.1 melee shouldn't of been chanced so much it was good the way it was else no one would of played 1.1 in the first place. Else people would of sticked with alpha cause it had better beams
P.s mods don't ban me ... i'll be a good boy :(

Best answers
TiMaSta's1.1god said:
if you weren't elite in 1.1 you can never understand why people liked 1.1 more then 1.2
this cant be more tru...99% of the ppl that were worth a crap at 1.1 that ive talked to either dont like 1.2...or have flat out just stopped playing...and i know someones gonna go...yea well the only reason y they were good is because they had all the "exploits" of 1.1...bs...ur just jealous that u couldnt do what they could do...

the fact is that the community is split into three groups...theres the 1.1 Elites that absolutely dispise this version of the game and have stopped playing it...theres the ppl that were acctually halfway decent at 1.1 and could hold their own in any pub server that dont like the game but still play just for the sake of having something to do...and the 1.2 fanboys that werent very good at 1.1 at all and think that the adv melee and limited simple melee are awesome cause they dont get thrown around like ragdolls anymore and think the game is "l33tzor" because they can "hang with the big boys"

P.S: i find it hilarious that the head testor for the game likes 1.1 better

Best answers
... 1.2patch will increase speeds.

... I know many players that were great in 1.1 that are just as good in 1.2

... The only difference is there is a wider variety of play styles in 1.2.

... I'd go as far as to say the majority of 1.2 "elites" came from 1.1 "elites"

Ultima2_Freeze << Case and point :|

... "groovy" liking one version better than the other doesn't say ****. I'm sorry to say. The man has an opinion just like anyone else, the fact that he's a beta tester doesn't make any difference.. different people just like different things.....

"1.1 melee shouldn't of been chanced so much it was good the way it was else no one would of played 1.1 in the first place. Else people would of sticked with alpha cause it had better beams"

^ you see that... that's saying "1.1 melee was fine, otherwise noone woulda played and woulda stuck with alpha (aka vegeta world).

Ok, with that statement.. your entire arguement is now gone. Seeing how, i can say the same thing and say "1.2 melee is fine, otherwise noone woulda played and woulda stuck with 1.1"

^^ boom

There are 1.2 players from 1.1... that fact alone disproves your arguement.

(altho, i do wish the speeds increased for the patch)

AHHH I win
#CRY! AHHHHH

Best answers
I never played 1.1 i just learned about the game at 1.2 and i'm very happy with 1.2 cant wait for 1.3

Best answers
Ultima2_freeze said:
... 1.2patch will increase speeds.
yea...it was supposed to be 2 weeks and its been what....3 months?...they might as well just give up on the patch and just do 1.3...everyones gotten used to the bugs and stuff and know how to get around em...releaseing it this far into the game is just gonna cause more trouble

Ultima2_freeze said:
... I know many players that were great in 1.1 that are just as good in 1.2
point?...that doesnt mean they like the game...it just means that they've learned to adapt to the game

Ultima2_freeze said:
... The only difference is there is a wider variety of play styles in 1.2.
wow...ok...lets see how many there are...
1.) the hit, swoop, hit, beam with simple melee
2.) the 12 prepunch abuse bs
3.) the 8 (or 6 whatever the max is) then throw crap
4.) the adv melee prepunch and random input and hope it hits
5.) and last but not least..beam spamming...

yea those are really great :rolleyes:

Ultima2_freeze said:
... I'd go as far as to say the majority of 1.2 "elites" came from 1.1 "elites"
like b4..what point does that make?...none...just because they were elites in 1.1 and 1.2 doesnt mean they like the game...it just means they have learned to adapt and use simple melee as their primary means of attack

Ultima2_freeze said:
... "groovy" liking one version better than the other doesn't say ****. I'm sorry to say. The man has an opinion just like anyone else, the fact that he's a beta tester doesn't make any difference.. different people just like different things.....
the reason i found it funny was because the one person that has more position than anyone else here as far as getting things changed with the game didnt do anything about it...it doesnt make any sense to me to have been someone so involved with the game to help make the game the way it is but then turn around and say he doesnt like it...

Ultima2_freeze said:
"1.1 melee shouldn't of been chanced so much it was good the way it was else no one would of played 1.1 in the first place. Else people would of sticked with alpha cause it had better beams"

^ you see that... that's saying "1.1 melee was fine, otherwise noone woulda played and woulda stuck with alpha (aka vegeta world).

Ok, with that statement.. your entire arguement is now gone. Seeing how, i can say the same thing and say "1.2 melee is fine, otherwise noone woulda played and woulda stuck with 1.1"
no...because 1.1 and alphas were too far apart...u mean the woulda stayed with 1.0?...no...because it was pretty much the exact same thing...and to say that ppl woulda stuck with 1.1 is not tru either...because there are no servers for 1.1...so whats the point?...to play with bots?..like i said...the ppl that ive talked to either DONT PLAY ANYMORE AT ALL...or play JUST TO HAVE SOMETHING TO DO...

and dont take this as a personal attack..cause im not attacking anyone..i just wanted to clarify any misconceptions u had about the point i was trying to get accross

Best answers
- It makes every point. When someones whole arguement is "you wouldn't know 1.1 is better than 1.2 unless you were a 1.1 elite"

my counter-statement was, that there are infact 1.1 elites, that play 1.2.. and are still elites... that LIKE 1.2 BETTER. WHEN UR WHOLE ARGUEMENT IS THAT "NOONE THAT PLAYS 1.1 AND WAS ELITE LIKES 1.2" ... then yeah, when i make a counter-statement about that... IT DOES HAVE A POint. :p

^ i win.

He said he likes 1.1 better than 1.2. He didn't say "OMFG 1.2 IS A PIECE OF FRAGGIN ****"... perhaps he went along with it knowing more players would enjoy different things than what he likes. Wow, lets flame him for that? umm no... nt.

""""wow...ok...lets see how many there are...
1.) the hit, swoop, hit, beam with simple melee
2.) the 12 prepunch abuse bs
3.) the 8 (or 6 whatever the max is) then throw crap
4.) the adv melee prepunch and random input and hope it hits
5.) and last but not least..beam spamming...

yea those are really great """

A:
1.) The same thing happens in 1.1 so that's null and void
2.) It's called blocking. It prevents prepunch dmg.
3.) Block, you can't be thrown....
4.) Random imput wont help you against good players. You need to fake them out with a fake set pattern, then rip up your own combonation you used to lead him to throw him off guard.
5.) ... That's more prevalent in 1.1 than 1.2. So NULL AND VOID

Not meant to be a personal attack :|

Moving with Sonic Speed
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
MysticUub said:
this cant be more tru...99% of the ppl that were worth a crap at 1.1 that ive talked to either dont like 1.2...or have flat out just stopped playing...and i know someones gonna go...yea well the only reason y they were good is because they had all the "exploits" of 1.1...bs...ur just jealous that u couldnt do what they could do...

the fact is that the community is split into three groups...theres the 1.1 Elites that absolutely dispise this version of the game and have stopped playing it...theres the ppl that were acctually halfway decent at 1.1 and could hold their own in any pub server that dont like the game but still play just for the sake of having something to do...and the 1.2 fanboys that werent very good at 1.1 at all and think that the adv melee and limited simple melee are awesome cause they dont get thrown around like ragdolls anymore and think the game is "l33tzor" because they can "hang with the big boys"

P.S: i find it hilarious that the head testor for the game likes 1.1 better

You're just reitterating all the stuff I've said. People that were great in 1.1 hate 1.2 . That doesn't mean very much to anyone who put 1.2 together though. 1.2 wasn't designed for 1.1 players, and that is that. They're different games.

sub

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Why wasn't it designed for the 1.1 players? I mean, you can take a poll on the forums asking people what they like better, 1.1 or 1.2. 1.2 will win by a mile, but like 90 percent of the people that voted 1.2 don't play the damn game. Do you know who plays the thing? The people that would have voted 1.1. Whenever I play the game, I see a lot of people that hate 1.2 playing it, I'm one of them. The people that would voted 1.2 are (generally) the people that will play the game for like a week and then quit... A perfect example of this would be sayianpride, he defends 1.2 like his life depended on it... But he doesn't play the damn thing. I've never seen him ingame once since 1.2 was out and I play 1.2 frequently. It's the same case for almost everyone else.

I'm just trying to get at that it's unfair that the people that played the game for like a year+ got screwed so the game would become more newbie friendly, have less "exploits", etc. It would become this to benefit people that don't even play the game...

btw, don't respond to my post saying that you like 1.2 and play it frequently. I'm aware there are some people that do, I'm just speaking generally.

Best answers
I think 1.2 is in fact newbie friendly. You are right Hybrid. And being that i've played you under various names (both 1.1 and 1.2), i'm fully aware of your 1.1 and 1.2 skill. So for that u get some respect :D :D :D

But, altho i agree 1.2 is more "newbie friendly" i also believe at a higher plane of skill, 1.2 is much more entertaining. Yes 1.2 is newbie friendly, but a noob still can't touch a skilled player in 1.2 (which most 1.2 skilled players are from 1.1). Which, goes with my point.... It is more newbie friendly, but it also can be much more advanced against the right players. Who says a game can't be easy to pick up and difficult to master? (ala soul calibur).

:D I'm not gonna say "i like 1.2 and play it frequently", because ur right.. u said "generally" :D, i only get on to people that say "NOONE THAT WAS GOOD IN 1.1 LIKES 1.2" haha...

But, sonics right. It wasn't made for 1.1 players. (altho... i will still tell you those 1.1 "elites" are still the players that dominate in 1.2... and it's because they just have a gnack to excell.. )

My point? ahh i've said it!
1.2 Is more newbie Friendly, but 1.2 also provides much more room than 1.1 did at higher skills.

(lastly... for the most part... people that hate 1.2 while playing it in a server are usually the people that are 0-32, and asking how to melee. I'm not saying everyone that hates 1.2 is like that... i'm saying that for a large part in public servers that's what i'm seeing.)

PS. YOU KNOW IF U WANNA HAVE SOME REAL FUN YA GOTTA JOIN
Ultima2's OwN ShacK!!

Game locks at 4 players.
Usually it's Everyone vs 100,000,000million PL (non transed) Frieza (where finger lasers are ur worst instagib enemy )
it's a very sexy thing...

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm too tired to look back and check if I posted. So in case I haven't I say that what I hate about 1.2 is that it's so predictable.
1.0-1.1 you only had one melee attack, yet it was never boring. The reason was that even though alot of moves were obvious you had to look at the situation very quickly and prepare yourself against the move your opponent waas about to perform. Unlike 1.2, you couldn't just look at what hes doing and counter it. It was too fast for that.
It's not only the swoop and not only the tele delay, you know it.
Off-topic: Boyster what do you mean? You're throwing away the opinions of the ones who helped the team make this mod what it is today? And if so, what for?

Best answers
:) In my opinion (imo thingy?) , if you are too lazy to check back and read you should be too lazy to type all that up :)

Best answers
i wouldnt kno as i do not hav steam, i can't be bothered to buy a new copy of half life, is that y my internet connection could not be completed, cos if it is, ill bother going out and buying it.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You've got a point, although I said "tired" not "lazy", it's pretty much the same :]. I guess I got pissed while writing.
On-topic: What do you have to say about it... except "me being lazy"

Best answers
The advanced melee systeem is crap, it's slow and annoying, the swooping is annoying as well, you should just have a button to be able to switch between normal and fast flying, w/ or w/o turbo should be your own option. The explosions are also worse than 1.1.

And 1.2 is not really newbie friendly, it's way harder to control.

Best answers
I agree, but what I did was switch the explosion sprites to the 1.1 sprites, and it works alot better. I can actually determine how big the blast radius is now. So 1.2 is alot more enjoyable this way. The biggest thing I dislike about in 1.2 is the new clans that are very disrespectful to new members. Like there was a guy talking on voice chat asking "nicely" how to do certain things. They asked him his age and just started battering him down with hateful comments.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom