Want better graphics and fps, and for the double tap bug to be fixed....read this!

Best answers
get hltoolz at www.hltoolz.com

it fixes the double tap swoop by making it client side....which means no delay before u start swoopen...it makes other stuff not depend on ping either...good for high pingers who get a bit of delay on double tap swoopen and it fixes it not worken somtimes either

this is what it did for me....it should work for everyone else 2

also dont try the die hard fps option....it makes esf look like doom and u cant read the arrows cause their to blurry

oh ya do the best graphics option as it increses fps by maken hl work faster on mmx comps...all comps that come from the last 8 years should have mmx....even your ancient 486 :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Just from reading I can tell this was easily made.

The die hard fps option alone is just lowering your Mip Map Detail settings to the lowest possible.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
It cannot make double tap client-side prediction because it would need to recode ESF. If it somehow managed to do that (impossible by the way), you couldn't connect to any servers because your ESF would differ than the servers (and no one could connect to your server who isn't "updated").

Your FPS was probably so bad that the settings simply raised your FPS making double tap a lot easier.

Best answers
always got 100 fps...always will....il just consider mysef lucky then :)
expect cz...where i get 30-40 :(
i stil can connect to servers...tried afew and noticed instent doublee tap swoopen and stuf...and im on a 110kb cable connecion so my pings arnt pretty either :)

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
At "Bad Times" I get 60 FPS at the least and during "Good Times" I get anywhere from 110 to 153 FPS and if theres no fighting going on I get 200+ FPS

I dont need some prog to mess with my stuff, I've got it covered. My graphics are good enough and my FPS is crazy good.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
how can u get over 100, i taught hl limit was 100 o_O

Im stuck with meh suxz0r 20-40 again.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Yes, 100 FPS is the maxium Satan. Besides, the human eye cannot tell the difference between 72 and 200 FPS.

The Krazy One
✔️ HL Verified
🎈 Advanced
Best answers
Just like Optional said, double-tap swoop cannot be made client-side without recoding ESF, plus in order to recode ESF, you need the source code, which I don't think the team will be releasing anytime soon. :S As for the FPS increase, whats the point? I cap mine at my monitors refresh rate (Which is 72Hertz), why, because if your fps goes past your monitors refresh rate, the graphics will have a tearing effect to it, and besides, the Half-Life (and Steam) engine is caped at 100fps.

Another thing, the human eye cannot differentate past 30fps anyway.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
All of that is true. I have my fps_max set at 120 but when I go to get an FPS reading (timerefresh in console is the most accurate) I get readings of beyond 100 and even beyond 120.

As for the eye not being able to tell the dif between 72 and 200, I already know that, but having a larger than 72 FPS shows less to even unoticable gfx-chop.

What I mean is, sure we can't TELL the difference, but there IS a difference none the less.

Best answers
if your getin constenty over 80 fps...u can increse graphics details without losen fps...donnt settle for 300fps and doom-like graphics...plus youl haf to in a very basic map for it 2 even be possible

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Timerefresh isn't accurate buddy. CL_ShowFPS/FRAPS/R_NetGraph are accurate.

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
you can get more fps with the command

developer 1

though having your fps drop from 200 to 70 will cause stottering and lagging

so it isnt very helpfull to add this command.

its better to have a stable 70 fps then having it swung between 200 and 70

Best answers
Yup, with developer on the max FPS can go upto 500. I dont see the point though, mine is 70-50 and i'm happy with that... now if there was only a way to get cable up here......

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney's Soul said:
thats only mipmap detail satan....hltoolz has alot of tweaks so try that

[HadNoLife] No, my mip map detail is at highest quality, I tweak everything else manually, I don't need a program when I practically have everything memorized. [/HadNoLife]

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Barney's Soul said:
always got 100 fps...always will....il just consider mysef lucky then :)

i stil can connect to servers...tried afew and noticed instent doublee tap swoopen and stuf...and im on a 106kb cable connecion so my pings arnt pretty either :)
I think your full of ****, and here's why:

Why would you need this tool, and why would you need to fix the lag of the double tap, if you have all that ****?

Best answers
I highly doubt this actually works, after reading everyones comments, but I have to say; it would be neat if it would fix that double tap delay thing... i tell you it gets me killed everytime :(

Best answers
SaiyanPrideXIX said:
I think your full of ****, and here's why:

Why would you need this tool, and why would you need to fix the lag of the double tap, if you have all that ****?
il answer the best way i can...considering i dont get your point...i got this to make graphics beter....it also has a ping tweaker....a useless one :(

it hapened to fix te buggie...but damn i need a faster cable....110 i tel u :smile:

Best answers
I think you should not believe every single hl tool or tweak thats around here and there Barney.

No offence but there are so many of these tweaks etc, 99,99% of them are useless or spyware if you really want some good tweaks just ask persons who know what they are talking about, instead of downloading heaps of crap ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom