W.I.P. Some dude

Best answers
felt like modelling agian, in which i havent done in ages, 1300ish tris, should be around 1700-2000 tris when i finish

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
nice work toast, im digging your style! few crits...

1. the lips are too low, move them up just a little.
2. bring the cheeks forward a little, at the moment it looks like his face is very V shaped (pointed).
3. he has no cranium. i love the hair style (very guile) but his hair is way too low, and doesnt look like theres a skull underneath it.

other than that its great. the vertex joining the inner arm to the thumb needs to be brought inward a little, toward the center of the inside of his arm.

i think with one of your textures, this is REALLY gonna be impressive!

L

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Hmm...Hands look a bit weird, and fix the top of his head/hair =O

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
The thumb is kind of jagged, and his ears are too small.

Best answers
great work so far.i think his neck is to thick if you look at the perspective view.i agree with gir about his head.keep it going Toast :smile:

Best answers
it's very good, just a few crits. His wrist are a bit to chubby, you can't tell where his hands start. And i agree with gir, bring his cheeks forward. btw you should keep modeling your really good at it.

The Viking
🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
His head looks a little big in the last picture imo. Could be me though.

Best answers
It's not just you. I think it's just a little "back." Maybe bring his entire head forward a bit.

★ Black Lounger ★
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
im diggin the torso, its got a real nice look to it from the front, from the back however the shoulders are lookin kinda off

the head has a few problems but comparing the differnce between the 1st and second pic your aware of the problem and are working to fix it

Best answers
thanks for comments, manage to model his legs, some stuff i need to go back to fix then its on to uv mapping and skinning, dont want to spend to much time getting the model to look right

Force Pit Member
Best answers
Tosty my main modeling man, :p. A few things real quick, you should definately size down the head if you wish to make this character look more realisitic. Also the feet are also much too big, as they look unrealisitic. And last but probably most important is something Gir mentoned earlier, that is the fact that the character really has no skull...What I mean is that if you were to take the top of forhead where the hair starts and draw to where the back of the neck starts...well the result wouldn't be natural looking :p. Sooo yeah, look into tho ;).

Best answers
His crotch area looks a bit funky, but nothing serious. I'm guessing the face will look better with a skin >_>

Best answers
updated pic above, gave him some better kicks, and other fixes

Force Pit Member
Best answers
TIMBER!!!!!! (He is totally going to fall backwards)

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
easy enough to fix, just rotate his whole leg back a little bit.

Force Pit Member
Best answers
acctually, just moving the verts on the Z axis would be more effect since it would keep the feet flat on the ground and keep the same poly formation in tact. just my two cents :p. I look forward to seeing the skin toasty ;).

Best answers
spent a bit getting the skin started, (gonna redo the planes on the head, so thats why his hair looks meh..), i spent very little time on the chest so it still needs more loving to make it as detailed as the face

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i did say your skin would bring it to life, and WOW thats awsome :D did you read tutorials, or just learn from practice? got any hints for an old ex-lepper? :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom