W.I.P. Some dude

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Mad_AxMan said:
i did say your skin would bring it to life, and WOW thats awsome :D did you read tutorials, or just learn from practice? got any hints for an old ex-lepper? :p
Just read tutorials and practice. You can't just teach someone how to be good just like modeling you know that. :)

And for the crits, its looking good so far! When you continue working on the body, try to add more color variation when you highlight instead of just white, get some different shades going. :yes: Also I noticed the ears are way to high up. The end of the ear should be about where the nose ends, and the beginning of the ear should be even with the top of your eye. Search google and find some random joes face and you'll see what I mean.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I'm not digging the texture that much so far, specially the face. Add some more colors to make it a bit more vibrant and life like the tone look rather dull and unrealistic atm. Also, I can't tell if you detailed the area under the eye from that render or not, but it looks like it could use some more detail. You're on the right track though :). just be sure to give the chest more loving as you said.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
hmmm very... monoton for me :-\
the shading and coloring are just perfect to me... but i dont think the skin would look ingame... lets say "alive"... its like abit ... stoned for me.. like... bah, undiscribeable...

But i like it at all! Just .... i dislike the undiscribeable X_O" ....

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TryForce said:
hmmm very... monoton for me :-\
the shading and coloring are just perfect to me... but i dont think the skin would look ingame... lets say "alive"... its like abit ... stoned for me.. like... bah, undiscribeable...

But i like it at all! Just .... i dislike the undiscribeable X_O" ....
Umm.. huh?!

Anyways the easiest way to fix the variation and not have to do a tremendous amount of painting is to just create a new layer set the mode to color and add some pinks and more other color. Then just set the opacity to around 20 - 40%.

Best answers
i usually do that later on, which is the reason why it still looks monotone

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
btw.,.. will he have niples? X-D

Best answers
TryForce said:
btw.,.. will he have niples? X-D
well for you ill even throw in some nipple piercings

Mad_AxMan said:
i did say your skin would bring it to life, and WOW thats awsome :D did you read tutorials, or just learn from practice? got any hints for an old ex-lepper? :p
well yess practice, and one of these helps tons

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
i have one. actually im getting the hang of doing flesh, its clothing that i get annoyed with. i understand the physics of folds, but i just can never seem to get them looking good. oh well, ill keep practicing >_<

and nipple piercings... uh.... right on o/ i guess :p

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
they're not really that expensive, but they do break easiey :X.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
TeKNiK said:
they're not really that expensive, but they do break easiey :X.
I can't find any for less than 300, and thats expensive to me. Is that the average pride range or am I not looking hard enough?

Best answers
a graphire 3 only costs $99 for a 4x8, which is perfect for doing skins, any circuit city or best buy will carry these, check thier websites for any in stock at a store near you

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Boy, I love my WACOM 4X5 Graphire3, I love it soo much.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Sorry for starting that off-topic conversation, but thanks for the info! I'll be sure to pick one up next paycheck!

Keep up the skinning :yes:

Best answers
not much of an update really, just spent a half and hour more on his chest, got huge test tommarow, ill probably get more done by the weekend

✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
now alter the bicep smoothing group to match the skin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom