Video card decisions

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
If you have an agp port get a geforce2 mx400 agp. If not then get the pci. See if your motherboard will support a 128mg stick of pc133. Tell him to do that and to give you a hand adding in cvars that are listed in the tweak thread which can be found here http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?threadid=23632

Best answers
i already added most of those tweaks to my configuration folder in the esf folder

Best answers
ok so i should ask him bout the ram stick and if i have an agp slot did i get this right?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
yes, ask him what I said and what you said. Ask him for anything. Adding something to this computer will help.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
You can get a Geforce 4 MX in PCI version I'm pretty sure.

Best answers
will that improve esf better than a geforce2

ps.read all my stats before u answer theyre in the first page

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
its a bit better but your not going to notice it on your computer and with a budget of 70 dollars every penny counts... Just get with the g2.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Check pricewatch you can get the PCI version of the GF4MX for like $60..

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
New egg kicks ass by the way. If its possible I highly recommend getting all your things from them.

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I also told you to upgrade the rest of your machine . . . RAM, Processor then GFX card.

I was in the same boat, for about $400 I made a beast of a machine which is lacking only in the GFX card department (Integrated NForce IGP) and I get 99 FPS out of HL on any mod, compared to the 24 FPS I got max out of my Celeron 466A, 384MB RAM, TNT2 Ultra rig.

Best answers
ok my old comp had the same specs as yours expect i had 8 more mbs of ram and a tnt2 O_O and i only got 10fps max in opengl. since half-lfies an old game(1998) it dosent need a that good vido card to run properly. i think its more dependint on your cpu and ram. but if u got a vidio card weeker then the tnt get a new one :). if not then get mor cpu pwoer/ram. dont flame me im im wrong im no pro at comps O_O oh yeah chek the 1.1 tweak guide by grovvy 2 :) and get satans script at redsayion links:http://forum.esforces.com/showthread.php?threadid=23632 (groovys guide) http://filedb.redsaiyan.net/filedb.php?action=file&id=292 (satans script pack has tweaks to speed up esf :))

Best answers
I agree with GMAN. I put a new video card in one of my older comps and it did absolutely nothing to make the game go faster. It was about 466mhz 256mb pc133. But if your going to get a new video card (Which you might want to anyway they arn't that expensive for a good one) Get a GeForce 4 MX 440. I used it for awhile and it was good. Another good one is Radeon 9000 Pro which is about the same thing except its a 128mb ddr video card instead of 64mb.

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
And wait money by getting it bottlenecked by the ram and processor, go ahead. It wont be any faster than the GeForce 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom