Video card decisions

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I got him all straightened away. He can't format for certain reasons but I let him know his best options. Hope everything turns out good.

Best answers
i appreciate it barney but scorcher told me formatting would delete my files and my sis would kill me if i did that because of all her mp3s i also dont think im going to buy more ram well because right now im focused on gettin the vid card which by the way is most likely going to be a geforce2 mx400 scorcher said that the geforce2 mx400 would improve esf geatly without havin to get more ram

ps.since my comp is old do u guys think itll have an agp slot?if it doesnt i should get a geforce2 mx400 that works with a pci slot right?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
A stock computer with a 400mhz processor in it should have an agp port but have your sister's friend make sure for you before you go spend the money. If you don't have an agp slot go ahead with getting the pci version.

Best answers
geforce 2 mx 400 or something for 30 bucks... its what I use on my system and get constant 60 fps, 109 in vietcong (and higher)

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
That AGP slot is probably a revision 1 . . . you'll need a revision 2 slot for a GeForce class card. The reason I had a TNT2 Ultra on that similar machine I had was because it was the most powerful card that could function on AGP 1.0's voltage specs. In addition, you have integrated SiS video, this more than likely indicates that you do not have an AGP slot.

NForce2 boards are the only ones I know of that have both the IGP/integrated video and an AGP 3.0 slot.

Best answers
cucumba wat do u mean? i saw plenty of geforce 2s mx400 with a pci slot so even if my comp doesnt have an agp slot ill still get a geforce just one that works with pci slots nywayz im callin up my sis friend tommorow to ask him if my comp has an agp slot

Live free or die by the sword
Retired Forum Staff
✔️ HL Verified
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Right, the PCI version is perfectly acceptable, however the AGP version of the GeForce cards require the second revision of the AGP port wich has a different voltage requirement. You can damage your motherboard by plugging a card with too much draw into your AGP slot . . . it may not even fit, since they changed the shape and pinout between AGP 1 and AGP 2.

In otherwords, you will have to go with a TNT2 for AGP in the most likely case, if you even have one. The PCI upgrade is the one most likely to help you.

Best answers
cucemba my computer talk is kinda limited but tell me if i got this right i should ask my sis friend if mine has an agp slot thatll work with the new geforces and if it doesnt have an agp slot i should just get a pci

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom