Video card decisions

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Still, it's cheap, and if he needs to upgrade later he won't have to worry about the video card. Trust me, if he went for the GF2 at like, $40? What would he be able to get for $30? A stick of PC133?

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
Exactly what he needs gman lol. He needs a stick of pc133 and a g2mx400 lol.

Best answers
do NOT waste money on a geforce 4 with the current comp u have. its known to eather not affect prformince at all or even slow down your computer O_O a vidio card in a comp is like gas for a car. u need gas to run the engine :shocked: in this case i meen u need a good compuer to be able to handle the g4. get a geforce 2 its cheeper and wil pobebly work better then a g4 since u have the gas for your engine with that card ;)

Best answers
alright well heres the deal i used to have 56mb memory until my sisters friend put another 56mb memory thus giving me bout 120 in memory total and i mean i dont want to spend more than 100 bucks on one game i mean who would so lets say i get a geforce and some memory wat would be the total

ps.man u all confused me lol which should i get a geforce2 or a geforce4

💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
64 + 64 = 128 Ram? 128 of what? PC100? Omg I feel for you my brother I feel the PAIN

Best answers
wat do u mean? just tell me should i get a geforce 2 or a geforce 4 cuz eridan just told me on aim a geforce 4 would be better than a geforce 2 he said a GeForce4 MX440-SE to be exact he kept on sayin itd help my computer

ps.i dont think im gettin more memory

Best answers
EnigmaHer0 said:
alright well heres the deal i used to have 56mb memory until my sisters friend put another 56mb memory thus giving me bout 120 in memory total and i mean i dont want to spend more than 100 bucks on one game i mean who would so lets say i get a geforce and some memory wat would be the total

ps.man u all confused me lol which should i get a geforce2 or a geforce4
u need a good computer for a geforce 4. if u add a geforce 4 to your current comp it wonut affect prformence or slow down your syatyem and games :( geforce 2s your best chosie iinless u up the other parts of your comp but if u dot upgrade your entire comp then geforce 2 wil make esf go all good :)

Best answers
so a geforce2 i should go with the geforce2 right?

ps.wat will be my average fps cuz in opengl and d3d my average fps is no higher than 6 and in dsoftware its no higher than 11 so by gettin a geforce2 wat will be my average fps and in which mode should i run it?

Best answers
um im not sure if getting a geforce 2 would make esf alot faser then before but if u look at my first post with satans script pack and grovvys tweak guide and u also go on small server with 1 to 4 ppls on a map like battlearena or cell day then u should get decent profromence.:). i got a geforce 2 i got 40 fps in d3d 60 fps in opengl which do u think is better o_O

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
YES, go with a geforce2 and some more ram. Don't go with the geforce 4 for the reasons that barney's soul and cell have talked about. Not only that but its known that putting in a fast video card without having fast ram could mess up your system. Happened to a couple people I know who knew nothing about computers but got there parents to get them a brand new g4 ti-4600 for there crap computer. Like I said earlier you want a geforce2 mx400 and some more ram. Get as much ram as you can get.

Best answers
ok lets say i dont get any more ram will a geforce2 mx400 still help my system play esf better

ps.bout wat fps will i get with no ram but a geforce2 mx400

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
I have no clue on what your fps will be. It all depends on your system settings and how much extra crap you have floating around on your comptuer. The video card will help a bunch though. If you want your system to be really nice and get the most performance possible out of it I recommend giving it a good format and reinstall to start fresh (unless you have done so within the last 3 months).

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
format the computer and reinstall everything. It will run a lot faster if this hasn't happened on your comptuer sence you got it. Just ask your sister's friend and he'll know what I mean. Tell him its a tech to tech request.

Best answers
cant i format it

ps.with the new vid card will i get more than 20 fps in opengl or d3d (with no ram upgrade)

🚂 Steam Linked
💻 Oldtimer
Best answers
check your private messages in user cp

Best answers
hehe on my old comp i was uhilly forced to format about every 3 weeks O_O it dint exacly increase my prfomrence though it was just alot of hassle but i no how to format a windows me since that was my old comp :D reply to this and ill tel how to its pretty easy achully :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom